Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neggie

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2008
Ordered on 9/9. @ 7 am cst. Shipping date of 9/23. Finally got charged this morning and received UPS tracking number and info.

tlh003

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
anyone know how long it usually takes from when your order is sent to warehouse for shipment until it actually ships?

Smash1680

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
Ordered on 9/9. @ 7 am cst. Shipping date of 9/23. Finally got charged this morning and received UPS tracking number and info.
Which phone did you order?
[doublepost=1474371676][/doublepost]What's the latest time/date ordered that we've seen a plus matte black of any size move for shipment?

aajeevlin

macrumors 65816
Mar 25, 2010
I find this kind of hard to believe....... considering I did the exact same thing on 9/9 and my date is early October.

My initial shipping date was 09/28. Also if you go on Verizon and select 128GB MB iPhone 7. You can see that's the expected shipping date they are showing right now.

Smash1680

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2014
My initial shipping date was 09/28. Also if you go on Verizon and select 128GB MB iPhone 7. You can see that's the expected shipping date they are showing right now.
Probably assumed you were talking about the plus. You can walk into pretty much any bestbuy or Apple Store around me and get the 7 right now in every color except JB

Reactions: aajeevlin

jplevine

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2008
Just did online chat with VZW (my order went to Completed mode late yesterday)...4pmET is the cutoff for items going out the same day vs the next day. My order (iPhone 7+ 128GB MB, ordered 9/9 at 3:44amET, original delivery date 9/23) processed at 5:37pmET yesterday, so it is going out today for overnight delivery (arrive tomorrow). Not sure if that cutoff time is just because I am on the east coast or if is nationwide.

ldenning

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2003
I ordered a Matte Black 7+ 256Gig on 9/9, 6:58 AM EST, and it now has a UPS shipping number assigned. No info for it yet.

tlh003

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
anyone know how long it usually takes from when your order is sent to warehouse for shipment until it actually ships?
[doublepost=1474374360][/doublepost]
I ordered a Matte Black 7+ 256Gig on 9/9, 6:58 AM EST, and it now has a UPS shipping number assigned. No info for it yet.
when was it sent to the warehouse for shipment

ldenning

macrumors member
Mar 7, 2003
[doublepost=1474374360][/doublepost]
when was it sent to the warehouse for shipment
How do I tell? Still no email from Verizon about the shipment yet.

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
Ordered 9/12, charged 9/16, shipped Saturday, to be delivered today!! Mine is now on a truck :). I am having buyer's remorse though since I keep hearing bad things about it!

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Ordered 9/12, charged 9/16, shipped Saturday, to be delivered today!! Mine is now on a truck :). I am having buyer's remorse though since I keep hearing bad things about it!
Mine is still sitting at Fedex according to their website. ugh. I've had issues with this whole thing so it wouldn't surprise me if it got messed up on delivery too. What bad things are you hearing??!

Reactions: Crazyj414

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Mine is still sitting at Fedex according to their website. ugh. I've had issues with this whole thing so it wouldn't surprise me if it got messed up on delivery too. What bad things are you hearing??!
Sometimes even after the item has left the facility the tracking doesn't get updated until it reaches the local destination to be scanned in. That happened with my phone. It was sitting 45 minutes away on launch day but found out it was already at the local station (I have a friend that works for FedEx :) ) So I went to go pick it up. So my experience has been that tracking isn't always in real time..

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Sometimes even after the item has left the facility the tracking doesn't get updated until it reaches the local destination to be scanned in. That happened with my phone. It was sitting 45 minutes away on launch day but found out it was already at the local station (I have a friend that works for FedEx :) ) So I went to go pick it up. So my experience has been that tracking isn't always in real time..
Thats what I'm hoping! It hasn't moved since 6pm on sunday. It says it is 2 hours away. Have you had issues with your phone? According to the person above, ppl are having issues

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
That stinks! Mine was supposed to ship on 9/23.

I've heard some screens are yellow, that the camera is not as good of an upgrade, that they lied about the brightness and that the glass on the camera ( and possible home button) is not sapphire glass, and the speakers are not great. I'm downright depressed reading messages like this lol. I love my 6s and upgraded as I would save money on my bill. But I want an upgrade not a upgrade that was cheaply made (not sure I agree yet since I don't have it yet). Some ppl are tough critics but I get it.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
Thats what I'm hoping! It hasn't moved since 6pm on sunday. It says it is 2 hours away. Have you had issues with your phone? According to the person above, ppl are having issues
So far, no, I haven't. I set it up as a new iPhone and just log in with my iCloud information and just reinstall my apps. It can be a pain in butt sometimes to do it that way but theres less chance of problems when you do that IMO. The only real "problem" i've had so far is that when I press the microphone on iMessage or email to dictate a message the microphone tone that you get when you press the mic is not very loud (i'm hard of hearing and I depend on hearing it) so that's a bummer. I didnt have any issues with it the first two days on the mic though, so not sure what has changed. Otherwise, no issues that I am aware of.

CanesDrew

macrumors 6502
May 16, 2012
Memphis, TN
eb9de53bb5831e10c651af26cdbd1f4b.jpg

Behind these doors lies my Jet Black beauty...

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
So far, no, I haven't. I set it up as a new iPhone and just log in with my iCloud information and just reinstall my apps. It can be a pain in butt sometimes to do it that way but theres less chance of problems when you do that IMO. The only real "problem" i've had so far is that when I press the microphone on iMessage or email to dictate a message the microphone tone that you get when you press the mic is not very loud (i'm hard of hearing and I depend on hearing it) so that's a bummer. I didnt have any issues with it the first two days on the mic though, so not sure what has changed. Otherwise, no issues that I am aware of.
There are probably about the same number of ppl without issues. I'm also praying I'm one of them :). I'm glad to see this info though.

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
There are probably about the same number of ppl without issues. I'm also praying I'm one of them :). I'm glad to see this info though.
No it's probably not an earth shattering upgrade from a 6s (which is a very good phone) but i'm coming from a 6s regular size to a plus size! I get better battery life, 3gb RAM(although the 6s is fast) and the dual cameras. Oh and I LOVE that MB color. It's beautiful!

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015

Crazyj414

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2015
No it's probably not an earth shattering upgrade from a 6s (which is a very good phone) but i'm coming from a 6s regular size to a plus size! I get better battery life, 3gb RAM(although the 6s is fast) and the dual cameras. Oh and I LOVE that MB color. It's beautiful!
Oh right. I actually happy the style is similar to the 6s. I love my phone :). The Plus looks interesting but I have small hands so it's the 7 for me :). I got Matte Black too!! Kinda wish I stuck with silver but I plan to upgrade next year as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.