Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JEboomin

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
At this point I'm really considering canceling. Not because I no longer want the phone, but because I don't want to give Verizon anymore of my money.

128gb JB+
9/9 - 2:06 AM Confirmation email
9/23 ship/delivery date

oupreppygirl

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
Ohio
My phones are showing zero movement (two 7+ MB 128s...ordered about an hour apart on 9/9 in the evening), so I was thinking about doing the Apple reservation thing. Only problem is, whenever I use the link everyone shares, and go through the motions to reserve one (my store has what I want)...I always get a screen that says:
"We’re sorry, but this service is currently unavailable."

Anyone else getting this, and have any advice?

traygotti

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2015
Randomly got a text from Fedex just now saying I have a delivery scheduled for 9/23 (item is 4lbs). BUT when I go to the link, it says overnight delivery for today, 9/22.

Assuming it's my phones (two 7+ 128gb MB), then cool, I'm happy lol

HOWEVER, I haven't received a cc charge, text, email, sky message lol nothing from Verizon.

My original date was 9/23 then on saturday it was moved back to 9/28.

I ordered 9/9 around 8:45a est and got confirmation at 9:03a.

Can't stay home today to wait and see what this package is, so I will leave a note for them to leave it at the door, but I'm wondering if this order is simply the return boxes for our current phones (6s) since I haven't received a charge yet? And if it IS return boxes, doesnt 4lbs seem too heavy?
[doublepost=1474543599][/doublepost]
Randomly got a text from Fedex just now saying I have a delivery scheduled for 9/23 (item is 4lbs). BUT when I go to the link, it says overnight delivery for today, 9/22.

Assuming it's my phones (two 7+ 128gb MB), then cool, I'm happy lol

HOWEVER, I haven't received a cc charge, text, email, sky message lol nothing from Verizon.

My original date was 9/23 then on saturday it was moved back to 9/28.

I ordered 9/9 around 8:45a est and got confirmation at 9:03a.

Can't stay home today to wait and see what this package is, so I will leave a note for them to leave it at the door, but I'm wondering if this order is simply the return boxes for our current phones (6s) since I haven't received a charge yet? And if it IS return boxes, doesnt 4lbs seem too heavy?

I'm going to assume these are just the return boxes (although I can't figure out why it's 4lbs and why they are shipping empty boxes overnight) simply because 611 and the order details online still say 9/28 ship date and cc still hasn't been charged. I'll leave a note for FedEx to leave the package just in case (tracking doesn't say I have to sign for it though). Hopefully when I get home, I'll be wrong and it will in fact be our phones...but I doubt it.

traygotti

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2015
Called Verizon, they confirmed my phone had not shipped yet but would by next Wed (9/28). So yeah it's the return boxes.

Oh joy -_-

skip579

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
My phones are showing zero movement (two 7+ MB 128s...ordered about an hour apart on 9/9 in the evening), so I was thinking about doing the Apple reservation thing. Only problem is, whenever I use the link everyone shares, and go through the motions to reserve one (my store has what I want)...I always get a screen that says:
"We’re sorry, but this service is currently unavailable."

Anyone else getting this, and have any advice?
What is your expected shipping date? I ordered the same phone as you except much earlier in the day and I only just got my shipping notification. My phone was expected to be here by 9/23 and that's when FedEx says it'll be here.

For those with later shipping dates who aren't seeing any movement, be prepared to get your phone on your quoted date. If you want it sooner you're going to need to try to go the reserve-at-Apple route.

laurenbanjo

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Dear lord. I will never pre order again thru Verizon. They've already charged my card last night and still no tracking number. Makes no sense.
I would preorder through Apple if I could, but I can't because I have a business account. Even last year when I wanted to pay full price for the phone, it wouldn't let me just buy an unlocked phone. Had to put in the account info and it said I was ineligible to give Apple $749.

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
Two phones I have ordered had their delivery dates disappear this morning so I had hoped that was the precursor for being shipped. However, then the dates came back (10/12). I saw this happening to a lot of people yesterday. I'm still hoping they ship early. I've had no luck with the Apple reservation system.

studIOS5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Oregon, OH
What is your expected shipping date? I ordered the same phone as you except much earlier in the day and I only just got my shipping notification. My phone was expected to be here by 9/23 and that's when FedEx says it'll be here.

For those with later shipping dates who aren't seeing any movement, be prepared to get your phone on your quoted date. If you want it sooner you're going to need to try to go the reserve-at-Apple route.

When did you order yours? I ordered a MB 7+ at 11:30am on 9/9 and I have a ship date of 10/5 what was yours originally?

cbaca51

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Cali
Confirmation email on 9/9 at 12:12am PST

iPhone 7 256GB in jet black

Ship date of 9/23 (tomorrow)

It's 6am right now and got an email with my tracking number at 3:04am saying my order has shipped!

Can't believe I finally got progress! Been a gruling waiting but at least I'm here finally lol

Last edited:

aj23xnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
Just checked the My Orders page after logging in, my Expected Ship Date is back on there from disappearing yesterday, and it's still 9/23....wtf Verizon stop playing with me like this :(

Jsmythsbb

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
My order one
Matte black and one gold plus 32 just shipped! I'm excited because it always showed 10/5 date since my order didn't go through until 9am launch day. So there is hope! I am very surprised!

Moore94

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
My order one
Matte black and one gold plus 32 just shipped! I'm excited because it always showed 10/5 date since my order didn't go through until 9am launch day. So there is hope! I am very surprised!
Seeing oct orders pushed out, gives me some hope my November date could change

scwinsett

Suspended
Apr 21, 2010
Denver
Okay so roll call for JB 7's with 10/5 ETAs.

Ordered about 15 minutes after preorders started, ordered Apple Watch 2 from apple.com (which I received on launch day).
iPhone 7 JB 128ordered from Verizon as soon as I was done ordering the watch.
Got a 10/5 ship date, have seen zero movement.

Anyone else seen activity at all?

DIGGDEEP

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
Another day filled with hope of movement from the Verizon orders 7+ JB 256gb orders
I'm really trying to figure out what's so special about the 9/23-9/28 VZW users who ordered the JB 7+??

I keep seeing Twitter posts of people who had mid-October ship dates getting ship notifications at different days of th week(and pics for proof) but, we have no movement... I'm baffled at this point.

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
I'm really trying to figure out what's so special about the 9/23-9/28 VZW users who ordered the JB 7+??

I keep seeing Twitter posts of people who had mid-October ship dates getting ship notifications at different days of th week(and pics for proof) but, we have no movement... I'm baffled at this point.

We simply ordered from the wrong website ----my date was 9/23 as I began my order then moved to 9/28 on the confirmation. I want my phone so I won't settle for MB at this point

Reactions: DIGGDEEP

DIGGDEEP

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
We simply ordered from the wrong website ----my date was 9/23 as I began my order then moved to 9/28 on the confirmation. I want my phone so I won't settle for MB at this point
OMG...SAME!!! Watched my date change right before my eyes as I moved through the order process!!!
Thought it was just me...
[doublepost=1474551694][/doublepost]It's becoming such a F***ing joke now...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.