Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Krissy_21

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Well guys I decided to cancel my +JB 128gb for 2 reasons. One I have been watching videos of people only having it for 2 days with scratches, little or not I don't want that to be on my phone since I don't like cases. No matter how good I am with the phone just putting it in your pocket will scratch. 2 I got tired of waiting. This is ridiculous to wait 1 1/2 months to get a phone. Kinda glad it didn't come actually. So I canceled the vzw order and went to my local target since I went there on release day and spoke to a guy that if he gets any 7 plus to let me know. Well today he calls and says he has a black 128gb so I went and got it. Good luck to the rest of you and see you next year!
ccdaa02900846c652fb12247484a9179.jpg
f1caa381278359c6ea928e0295b5f7bb.jpg
e18c8d4ee3dc169cbcfeac4cb5035f1f.jpg
Oh no! You abandoned us! Lol well enjoy your new phone! Still waiting here

takasugi

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
So this site is *technically* only for the iPhone Upgrade Program (that's what the "&iPP=U" part of the link means). Has anyone had any luck making a reservation with that link, then telling the Apple store employee you'd rather use Verizon's payment plan instead? I'm interested, because I just reserved a 128gb MB 7+ through that link, but the fine print of the reservation says that you must be on the iPhone Upgrade Program already.

I just reserved 2 phones today, cancelled my Verizon order and picked the phones up this afternoon at the Apple Store with Verizon monthly payments.

PJF6387

macrumors member
Feb 14, 2012
I just reserved 2 phones today, cancelled my Verizon order and picked the phones up this afternoon at the Apple Store with Verizon monthly payments.
Does your reservation confirmation email have the "iPhone Upgrade Program" info in it like my screenshot? Just curious. Really hoping this reservation works out.

takasugi

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2012
Does your reservation confirmation email have the "iPhone Upgrade Program" info in it like my screenshot? Just curious. Really hoping this reservation works out.
Yep - it worked out for me. I just told the guy I'm not trading any phones in and I want to use Verizon monthly payments. It was easy.

Reactions: kstclaire

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
So this site is *technically* only for the iPhone Upgrade Program (that's what the "&iPP=U" part of the link means). Has anyone had any luck making a reservation with that link, then telling the Apple store employee you'd rather use Verizon's payment plan instead? I'm interested, because I just reserved a 128gb MB 7+ through that link, but the fine print of the reservation says that you must be on the iPhone Upgrade Program already.
I don't know, we should ask people that have used this. I know multiple people that post here have used this site, got a phone, and canceled their Verizon pre-order.

DIGGDEEP

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
FYI... A number of Florida Apple stores have ALL sizes available in Matte Black, in case anyone's interested.

almostt

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2010
Mars
[9/21]

Ordered: [iPhone 7 Plus - 256GB - Silver] & [iPhone 7 Plus - 256GB - Black]
Delivery Date: [10/14 - 10/20]

nijoshi24

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Hey guys if I buy the iPhone in an Apple store and do carrier financing through Verizon, can i still take advantage of the 650 trade in? I asked one of the online chat representatives and they said this isn't possible but i thought i read people on this forum saying they did that, anyone know?

DIGGDEEP

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
Hey guys if I buy the iPhone in an Apple store and do carrier financing through Verizon, can i still take advantage of the 650 trade in? I asked one of the online chat representatives and they said this isn't possible but i thought i read people on this forum saying they did that, anyone know?
Yes, you can.

Halt&CatchFire

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2014
Both of my orders have now shipped!! First one was 2 JB pluses 128gb and a RG plus 32gb. Second order was a 32gb silver plus and a rose gold plus 32gb. The jet black order had a ship date of 9/28 and the second order had a ship date of 10/5!!!!

No offense, and I'm glad you got your phones coming....but this is bull$hit!

You have 2 JB plusses coming, with an October ship date, and others in here have had 9/23 for two weeks now and we haven't seen anything. NOTHING.

I better see movement when I wake up in the am. Otherwise, I'm going to start making some phone calls.

DIGGDEEP

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2014
I've heard the opposite from a friend who is a manager at a local Verizon. I wonder if I could try a different Verizon store?
Plenty of stories where people pick up their reserve from Apple on a carrier plan, go to a VZW corporate store and turn in their phone for the $650 credit.

nikster0029

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2010
Honestly, this whole experience of verizon going slower on preorders than other carriers and Apple makes me want to jump ship to AT&T since they treat their business customers better

Reactions: trevoclark

kanga1622

macrumors regular
Sep 21, 2016
My order lookup page shows a shipping date of 9/22! No shipping info yet so I assume delivery will be Tuesday.

My order was for two MB 128 7+ placed 9/9 around 8:30 am central time with an expected delivery date of 9/28.

Would be awesome if it arrived today since I'm home with sick kids so I could at least sign for delivery.

Monroe duck

macrumors newbie
Oct 20, 2011
Work ordered the MB 7+ on release date. Sorry not sure on the capacity. Original date 9/28. This morning I checked and the Verizon page says completed on my order status. Yesterday it was pending.

Just FYI

chenry22

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2016
They tried to charge my CC last night and it was declined due to possible fraud. I know I've seen others had this problem. Did it delay your order even more once you talked to Verizon?? So mad!!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.