Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Hey guys if I buy the iPhone in an Apple store and do carrier financing through Verizon, can i still take advantage of the 650 trade in? I asked one of the online chat representatives and they said this isn't possible but i thought i read people on this forum saying they did that, anyone know?
I don't think you can. Since the promotional only applies for those who set up a DPP. Apple store doesn't offer the DPP and it's either a 2 year contract or pay in full, or Apple installment or iUP. So technically it won't work.

Sunday I was able to reserve a phone at the apple store, however this one is going back to Apple, since my 2 phones that I had Verizon store order for me came in yesterday for pick up and I am going to take the advantage of doing the trade in for 2 6S Plus's. I had asked the rep about this and said that it only qualifies if purchased directly from any Verizon store or Verizonwireless.com and not from Apple.com or Apple Store.

But then I guess there are people who were able to do this so I guess it doesn't hurt to try~

chenry22

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2016
Same exact thing happened to me but instead of rerunnng the card, they CANCELLED MY ORDER!! So they had to manually re-enter my order.

Now I went from having a delivery date of 9/28 to an expected ship date of 11/16 because they told me that "I lost my place in line and there was nothing they could do." I was on the phone with their Internet support team for over an hour yesterday trying to get this ironed out.

They better come through for me or they just lost a customer.

Well I hope the lady told me right. She said I should get a shipment email in the next day or so.

Random_User_678

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
I hope she is right and I didn't get backed up. I am waiting on an email with shipping info. She said I should get it in a day or two.
Here's to hope! The guy I talked to was super helpful (after I asked to talk to a supervisor). He was going to talk to the warehouse people and get my delivery date back to normal but he couldn't promise anything. I can't get mad at the humans involved as this was a two-part screw up by overzealous fraud protection (couldn't they see that I pay Verizon a monthly payment by looking at my CC statement - duh!)

I'll post an update here if and when it all gets resolved.

I used American Express btw - so if anyone reading this used them and your order is still pending, you may want to make a phone call.

MomMom1012

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2014
Can anyone confirm the time frame to return our old phones? I've heard 5 days, the return box says 14 days, and vzw.com says 30 days. I want to keep my 6 for a little while for the hubby to play around with. I'm trying to convince him to upgrade from a really old Samsung but he's change adverse.

chenry22

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2016
Can anyone confirm the time frame to return our old phones? I've heard 5 days, the return box says 14 days, and vzw.com says 30 days. I want to keep my 6 for a little while for the hubby to play around with. I'm trying to convince him to upgrade from a really old Samsung but he's change adverse.

They told me 30 days. My box says 30 days to return my trade in.

macmann81

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2014
West TN
JB 128 +

Was originally 10/5 which changed to 9/23. Nothing happened until I just checked this morning and it says shipment #1 instead of processing. Still no cc charge or tracking info yet though.

I noticed mine saying this yesterday as well. However nothing else has changed for me.

DarkCole

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2013
JB 128 +

Was originally 10/5 which changed to 9/23. Nothing happened until I just checked this morning and it says shipment #1 instead of processing. Still no cc charge or tracking info yet though.

Mine has said shipment 1 for awhile but still says it's processing.
I noticed mine saying this yesterday as well. However nothing else has changed for me.

Mine has changed to that also but for the last few days.

iPhone + 32GB MB
Ordered 9/9 EDD 10/5

No movement.

JEboomin

macrumors member
Sep 9, 2016
Has anyone with a JB 7+ 128GB gotten any movement yet for 9/23 ship dates? I'm starting to get nervous.

My CC was charged last night, but I haven't gotten a text or email from Verizon yet. I ordered on 9/9, received confirmation email at 2:06AM Central.

This link (https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/order/common/searchOrder.jsp?) now says my expected ship date is 9/22 and that the order has been sent to the warehouse for shipment. No carrier or tracking info.

Attachments

• wrwr.JPG
    wrwr.JPG
    33.4 KB · Views: 103

chenry22

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2016
Well duh, mine says 30 days too, in bold red font. Not sure what I was looking at when I saw 14 days. Thanks :)

You're welcome lol. I understand I do that stuff too. I know when you buy a phone you have 14 days to return it so maybe that's what you were thinking of.

jwalltheapple

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
Here's to hope! The guy I talked to was super helpful (after I asked to talk to a supervisor). He was going to talk to the warehouse people and get my delivery date back to normal but he couldn't promise anything. I can't get mad at the humans involved as this was a two-part screw up by overzealous fraud protection (couldn't they see that I pay Verizon a monthly payment by looking at my CC statement - duh!)

I'll post an update here if and when it all gets resolved.

I used American Express btw - so if anyone reading this used them and your order is still pending, you may want to make a phone call.
Did you get an email when verizon put it though and it was declined?

studIOS5

macrumors 6502a
Oct 14, 2011
Oregon, OH
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the tracking info? Mine changed to sent to the warehouse for shipment with a shipping date of yesterday around 9pm and my card was also charged then. Still have no tracking info.

MomMom1012

macrumors member
Oct 17, 2014
Does anyone know how long it takes to get the tracking info? Mine changed to sent to the warehouse for shipment with a shipping date of yesterday around 9pm and my card was also charged then. Still have no tracking info.

My first order that was processed earlier this week took approx 12 hours between the order received text and tracking info text.

I'm waiting on tracking for another phone that I got the order received text last night at 7:45 EST. *611 says my order shipped but no tracking online yet.

TimKirkwood

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2015
I gave up! Cancelled order and picked up a phone at Apple store last night.

Been lurking on this thread since launch day. After seeing more and more about JB scratches and finger prints I was having buyers remorse before even getting the phone.

Ordered a JB+256 with a 3:32am confirmation. Reserved a MB+128 and picked it up in store and was out in under 20 mins. After seeing the jet black IRL, I am very glad I went this route. It does not look near as good as the Apple videos and pics. They only had one JB on display because they were getting scratched up too much. Guy said people were laying them down on the docks and the lightning connector standing up was scratching them up pretty bad.

The JB did have a better grip to my hand, the MB seems slicker and not as easy to grip.

Out of the box impressions:
After sliding the box open and having the paper work on top of the phone rather than seeing the phone does not seem Apple like.

The screen brightness was turned as low as it would go. You cant adjust this until you get most of the way through setup. So it made typing passwords and wifi credentials a little difficult.

Restore from iCloud backup worked mostly. Had to enter some passwords for some email accounts but not for others.

Apple watch has to be completely reset and restored also. This seemed frustrating.

Screen is definitely more yellow (warmer) than my 6 is. And with the brightness set to max on both, the 6 was MUCH brighter. I have seen articles and threads discussing this. Seems that the only way to get the 25% more brightness is to have the screen set for auto and be outdoors in bright light, and it will ramp up to be brighter than the 6 is able to. But there is a huge difference in the low light environment.

Only took a few pics, so I will hold camera thoughts for another day.

The new home button feels fine and for me doesn't feel too much different in real world use than the old version.

I did enjoy getting to use it in the hot-tub last night without using the waterproof cell bag that I have been using for my 6 :0)

beaver82

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2008
I now have shipping info. Was charged last night. Ups ground 2. Tracking number is there, but is not updated in UPS system yet.

oupreppygirl

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
Ohio

If you did the trade-in at the time of purchase, then you have 30 days from when you receive your new phone...not 30 days from when you initiated the trade-in or from when you receive the box.

So if you ordered online and did the trade-in at the same time, and you have a ship date in October or November, you won't have to send in your old phone till you receive the new one.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.