Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amoore927

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2016
They tried to charge my CC last night and it was declined due to possible fraud. I know I've seen others had this problem. Did it delay your order even more once you talked to Verizon?? So mad!!!
Did you get an email from them?

chenry22

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2016
Did you get an email from them?

I got an email from Verizon saying my order was scheduled to process and average processing time was 3 days. Got an email from my CC company about the suspicious charge. Called them and they said to call VW and tell them to run it again. Verizon's hours say they aren't open for another hour. Hoping they can just redo the payment and it not delay anything anymore.

thaghost

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2010
Winter Garden, FL
Got a question folks. I pre-ordered the JB 128gb + on 9/12 with an expected ship date of 11/23. I am thinking about canceling my order and going with the MB. How do we enroll in the Verizon monthly payment program when reserving an iPhone through the Apple Store? I only see the Apple monthly option. For Verizon option, it says $419 (iPhone 7+ 128GB). Also, it says line fee of $40. When I reserved my iPhone through Verizon on 9/12, they upgraded my plan and said my line fee went down to $20. I am so confused lol...

Panic61

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2016
I checked the local stores through the reservation site last night, they had some plusses for Verizon, but only the rg and gold in 128 or 256, not my cup of tea. They had black 32GB models too, but I'm holding out for a larger capacity.

Since I doubt that my 256 JB 7+ will be shipped on time I'll keep checking the site. Hell, I'd settle for silver in 256 right now.

kevink2

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2008
128GB MB 7+. Ordered 5:12 am CDT 9/9. Original ship date 9/23. At local UPS as of this morning. So hope I don't miss them on delivery, since I work today.

iPhone 6 backed up to iTunes, waiting :)

EyeDoc17

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2016
Texas
It sucks. Did they charge your cc yet?
No, not yet. Nothing's changed for me. I don't expect it to especially with all the early orders I'm seeing just now shipping. My EDD did disappear a couple of days ago from My Verizon orders but 611 still quotes 11/09. All 5 of the Apple stores in my area received 32g and 256g MB this morning but no 128's. I'm just going to monitor the Apple Store restock and try to do the reservation thing if I can.

chenry22

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2016
They tried to charge my CC last night and it was declined due to possible fraud. I know I've seen others had this problem. Did it delay your order even more once you talked to Verizon?? So mad!!!

Ok guys!! So I got my problem sorted out. Verizon said they are getting a lot of CC that are denying payment due to thinking it is fraud. She said they are trying to process the payments a few days before the phone is set to ship due to this. She processed my payment again and said it would not delay my shipping and that my phone should ship in the next few days!!! I had an original ship date of 10/12 on the 7+ Rose Gold 128!!! Hope this helps some of you who may get a denied payment. I called my CC company first so they would let it go through when Verizon processed it again. So do not panic like I did LOL!! It is happening a lot and it took about 3 mins for the Internet Orders Dept to process it!!

ksujoel

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2015
Kansas
This is a little off topic, but i'm going to ask here anyways. I'm on the device payment plan and this obviously requires turning in the old phone. I have done that and according to USPS tracking, it's arrived at its destination. Does anyone on here know if there is a way to check the status of VZW accepting my phone to pay off the rest of the old DPP?

tehBrad

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2011
JB 128 +

Was originally 10/5 which changed to 9/23. Nothing happened until I just checked this morning and it says shipment #1 instead of processing. Still no cc charge or tracking info yet though.

JakobDylanC

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
USA
JB 128 +

Was originally 10/5 which changed to 9/23. Nothing happened until I just checked this morning and it says shipment #1 instead of processing. Still no cc charge or tracking info yet though.

Same exact situation except I got MB instead of JB. My date still says 10/5 but it says "Shipment 1" on the top. Was that always there?

No cc charge yet either. Originally ordered 9/9 at around 3PM.

Random_User_678

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2016
Ok guys!! So I got my problem sorted out. Verizon said they are getting a lot of CC that are denying payment due to thinking it is fraud. She said they are trying to process the payments a few days before the phone is set to ship due to this. She processed my payment again and said it would not delay my shipping and that my phone should ship in the next few days!!! I had an original ship date of 10/12 on the 7+ Rose Gold 128!!! Hope this helps some of you who may get a denied payment. I called my CC company first so they would let it go through when Verizon processed it again. So do not panic like I did LOL!! It is happening a lot and it took about 3 mins for the Internet Orders Dept to process it!!

Same exact thing happened to me but instead of rerunnng the card, they CANCELLED MY ORDER!! So they had to manually re-enter my order.

Now I went from having a delivery date of 9/28 to an expected ship date of 11/16 because they told me that "I lost my place in line and there was nothing they could do." I was on the phone with their Internet support team for over an hour yesterday trying to get this ironed out.

They better come through for me or they just lost a customer.

bobsbbq

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2016
N
Has anyone with a JB 7+ 128GB gotten any movement yet for 9/23 ship dates? I'm starting to get nervous.
ot yet, I suspect it will be 6-8 pm tonight as that is what I saw last night for orders with shipping date of 9/22.

traygotti

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2015
So the theme seems to be (for UPSGROUND2 shipments atleast) that you get a cc charge ~9pm on a Thursday, tracking number appears on your account sometime around 5am on Friday, but does not actually work or show tracking details until later that afternoon, almost evening. Delivery occurs the following Tuesday.

With that said, looks like I have a few more days to wait for my Tuesday delivery...?

VPofIT

macrumors newbie
Aug 6, 2008
Florida
JB 128 + and RG 32 +

Ordered 9/9 at 3:17:38 AM EDT. Expected ship date 10/5 changed to 9/28 the next day.

No movement at all and the wife is blaming my JB 128+ for the delay of her RG 32+... Wish Verizon would just ship them separately for cryin' out loud!

SBrooks360

macrumors member
Aug 7, 2012
7 Plus 128GB Black - original ship date: 10/5/16

They charged my credit card last night and I have a tracking number but it's not in UPS's actual tracking system yet

chenry22

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2016
Same exact thing happened to me but instead of rerunnng the card, they CANCELLED MY ORDER!! So they had to manually re-enter my order.

Now I went from having a delivery date of 9/28 to an expected ship date of 11/16 because they told me that "I lost my place in line and there was nothing they could do." I was on the phone with their Internet support team for over an hour yesterday trying to get this ironed out.

They better come through for me or they just lost a customer.

Oh no!!! I am so sorry!! I was afraid that would happen to me. They had tried to charge it last night and I called them as soon as they opened this morning and she said it still showed my order and that they could process the payment. I got an alert from my CC company that the charge went through. I had to tell them to rerun it or they probably would've cancelled mine too. I hate that happened to you.

chenry22

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2016
Oh no!!! I am so sorry!! I was afraid that would happen to me. They had tried to charge it last night and I called them as soon as they opened this morning and she said it still showed my order and that they could process the payment. I got an alert from my CC company that the charge went through. I had to tell them to rerun it or they probably would've cancelled mine too. I hate that happened to you.

I hope she is right and I didn't get backed up. I am waiting on an email with shipping info. She said I should get it in a day or two.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.