Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk8astevo

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2016
  • Just called Verizon at 10:00 EDT. Told the rep I've had friends get their 7 Plus JB 128 before me which I ordered 9/9 at 3:52am EDT (late from my account getting locked from not knowing that damn account password) and they ordered on the 9/10. I told him they claimed to have called to harass Verizon about their Nov 2nd ship date and they got pushed to 10/2. Mine is set for 10/5 but I haven't been charged yet and was confused which is why i decided to call now. He was cool, he tried to tweak some things in shipping but was unable to. BUT I did get $30 off my next bill for having to wait this long. so I'l take that. he said I should be charged monday and that the charges aren't always exact with time before shipping. So, one more week with my 6... (At least I'm still jailbroken with my unlimited data lol)
I was able to get the 400 trade in for my iPhone 5 and keep my unlimited data also. Loving life. But still waiting on my new iPhone. Lol

Reactions: kstclaire

Steve J0bs

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2008
  • Just called Verizon at 10:00 EDT. Told the rep I've had friends get their 7 Plus JB 128 before me which I ordered 9/9 at 3:52am EDT (late from my account getting locked from not knowing that damn account password) and they ordered on the 9/10. I told him they claimed to have called to harass Verizon about their Nov 2nd ship date and they got pushed to 10/2. Mine is set for 10/5 but I haven't been charged yet and was confused which is why i decided to call now. He was cool, he tried to tweak some things in shipping but was unable to. BUT I did get $30 off my next bill for having to wait this long. so I'l take that. he said I should be charged monday and that the charges aren't always exact with time before shipping. So, one more week with my 6... (At least I'm still jailbroken with my unlimited data lol)

i was charged late last night for the same exact phone and i ordered at 3:35am EST. Hang in there!

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
That's double taxation. I would call Verizon and ask them to pick one.
[doublepost=1475334155][/doublepost]
You can't really go by the change in order status, that won't be updated until they have the tracking number from the carrier they use. I had a simultaneous text message and charge to my card. The text message alerted me that my order had been sent for shipping and so I checked my bank account and sure enough, it was charged. I think you had to choose to be texted when you placed the order, it was so freaking late here I don't remember all the details of pre-order night. Watch the account for the card you used to order, they cannot charge you until they are shipping.
[doublepost=1475334304][/doublepost]
I think you will find that the order date gets pushed up dramatically and you'll see it before the end of October. Just watching all the orders here it seems very few have shipped on the noted date. Hang in there! Mine went from 10/26 to 10/5.
[doublepost=1475334801][/doublepost]
I really don't think it means you will be put in the very front. From watching the posts about "front of the line" it seems to mean you will be put in with the next batch.
This is how I picture it: Apple sends a bunch of phones and they are all marked for particular customers as per pre-order and even after pre-order. When the phones arrive at Verizon they are assigned to the person that purchased it, those that canceled get tossed into a pile (figuratively speaking) and then the people on the wait list, including front of the line people, get those. It's my opinion, no one has confirmed this, that you go in the front of the people on the wait list for that shipment.
The reason I think it works this way is because Verizon can't order individual phones from Apple, they probably have to order in batch sizes and those are determined by the amount of Verizon customers that have phones and are likely to upgrade. It's all a numbers game and you are holding one small number. There's no way customer service reps would have this information, if they did they would be able to wreak havoc with the ordering process. I'm sure it's only the purchasing and shipping departments that know what's coming in and those people do not have contact with customers.
Years ago when I worked in retail and Playstations, Tickle Me Elmos, and such were in hot demand with limited quantities, that was how the process worked.

Yeah I completely understand how the ordering process works and batches of product etc except I didn't have a CSR rep work with me. I worked with a manager, who had a nice quiet office and put in my jump line request (along with my replaced order) and was calmly told did not need approval since she was the manager and she even said that was more beneficial to me, because if a regular CSR puts in a jump line request it has to be approved by a manager (and I was speaking to one)

She also reassured me I would be in the next batch of shipments. So I'm a little concerned since there are reports here of MB 32GB 7+ being charged. I'm waiting albeit impatiently because this iPhone 6 with custom touch disease is driving me insane not only that my original delivery by date is fast approaching.

Thank you though for keeping up with my iPhone order I've noticed you've always got kind advice. Thank you.
Keep y'all posted hopefully some movement today

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
Update from last night. I can assure that you get charged as it hits shipping. I haven't even gotten a shipping email from Verizon but I can check the order status and get my tracking number.

I ordered 2 7+ 128 GB black on 9/9 with a 10/12 original date. They are expected for delivery on Tuesday 10/4. So just over a week early.

kstclaire

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Yeah I completely understand how the ordering process works and batches of product etc except I didn't have a CSR rep work with me. I worked with a manager, who had a nice quiet office and put in my jump line request (along with my replaced order) and was calmly told did not need approval since she was the manager and she even said that was more beneficial to me, because if a regular CSR puts in a jump line request it has to be approved by a manager (and I was speaking to one)

She also reassured me I would be in the next batch of shipments. So I'm a little concerned since there are reports here of MB 32GB 7+ being charged. I'm waiting albeit impatiently because this iPhone 6 with custom touch disease is driving me insane not only that my original delivery by date is fast approaching.

Thank you though for keeping up with my iPhone order I've noticed you've always got kind advice. Thank you.
Keep y'all posted hopefully some movement today
I'm crossing my fingers for you!
[doublepost=1475357269][/doublepost]
I was able to get the 400 trade in for my iPhone 5 and keep my unlimited data also. Loving life. But still waiting on my new iPhone. Lol
Unlimited data...I remember having that way back in the days of the 4S when Verizon finally got the iPhone.
[doublepost=1475357447][/doublepost]Yes!!!! Happy birthday to me! (I might call in sick that day, cough cough).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 3.22.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-01 at 3.22.27 PM.png
    63.9 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: DcGamer05

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
Just checking in last night I reserved a matte black 7 plus for my son. We arrived at Apple Store and the genius wanted me to purchase with the Apple Payment Plan - she ran my credit and I was approved. I didn't do any research before so I didn't know I couldnt use a debit card.

I leave my one major credit card at home because I just recently paid it off and if I don't have I can't use it

I explained my situation and she moved the purchase to the Verizon device payment plan no problems - we were in and out of the Apple Store in 29 mins max.

So for Nov or later shipment dates - check you local stores at 12:01 online

Last edited:

jwalltheapple

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2015
Has anyone had to change the address on the order? I changed mine called verizon said they sent it to fed ex and called fedex saying they do have the address change however when I'm tracking it still appears to be headed to the wrong address.

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
Has anyone returned a phone for another one yet? I may have to send my jet black back to Verizon and there is a microphone issue -_-

What is there process like for exchange?

Moore94

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2016
Has anyone returned a phone for another one yet? I may have to send my jet black back to Verizon and there is a microphone issue -_-

What is there process like for exchange?
What kind of issue, oh no I ordered jet black

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
10/12, and it hasn't changed since I ordered. I got all excited when the Verizon website started acting weird on Friday, but then nothing happened.:(
Yeah that's my original date as well. Which is fast approaching. Can't believe it will almost be a month since we ordered. Hopefully we all see some movement. Does anyone know if Verizon processes orders on Sunday?

Reactions: Moore94

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
That's double taxation. I would call Verizon and ask them to pick one.
[doublepost=1475334155][/doublepost]
You can't really go by the change in order status, that won't be updated until they have the tracking number from the carrier they use. I had a simultaneous text message and charge to my card. The text message alerted me that my order had been sent for shipping and so I checked my bank account and sure enough, it was charged. I think you had to choose to be texted when you placed the order, it was so freaking late here I don't remember all the details of pre-order night. Watch the account for the card you used to order, they cannot charge you until they are shipping.
[doublepost=1475334304][/doublepost]
I think you will find that the order date gets pushed up dramatically and you'll see it before the end of October. Just watching all the orders here it seems very few have shipped on the noted date. Hang in there! Mine went from 10/26 to 10/5.
[doublepost=1475334801][/doublepost]
I really don't think it means you will be put in the very front. From watching the posts about "front of the line" it seems to mean you will be put in with the next batch.
This is how I picture it: Apple sends a bunch of phones and they are all marked for particular customers as per pre-order and even after pre-order. When the phones arrive at Verizon they are assigned to the person that purchased it, those that canceled get tossed into a pile (figuratively speaking) and then the people on the wait list, including front of the line people, get those. It's my opinion, no one has confirmed this, that you go in the front of the people on the wait list for that shipment.
The reason I think it works this way is because Verizon can't order individual phones from Apple, they probably have to order in batch sizes and those are determined by the amount of Verizon customers that have phones and are likely to upgrade. It's all a numbers game and you are holding one small number. There's no way customer service reps would have this information, if they did they would be able to wreak havoc with the ordering process. I'm sure it's only the purchasing and shipping departments that know what's coming in and those people do not have contact with customers.
Years ago when I worked in retail and Playstations, Tickle Me Elmos, and such were in hot demand with limited quantities, that was how the process worked.
Apparently the local and state tax is normal? WTH
[doublepost=1475430999][/doublepost]Can California people chime in here please? - https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...yers-tax-question-two-separate-taxes.2003637/

Skidoo03

macrumors newbie
Jun 25, 2012
Order a 128 MB 7+ on 9/16 and a 256 Silver 7+ on 9/30. Spoke to support and was told both are processed and pending shipment, same goes for dialing *611. Sadly, I'm expecting the 256 to arrive before the 128. Both EDD have dissappeared once before but no other changes or updates.

Edit: Both orders were placed in-store as well.

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
I haven't read through everything but ALOT of the iPhone 7's and pluses are having service issues. Including mine and my husbands. Really sucks because we were so excited. Not doing a preorder again. I'll wait until all the bugs are worked out before buying :/

zmenchhofer

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2016
Kentucky
I haven't read through everything but ALOT of the iPhone 7's and pluses are having service issues. Including mine and my husbands. Really sucks because we were so excited. Not doing a preorder again. I'll wait until all the bugs are worked out before buying :/

what problems are you having?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.