Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dancezwitwolves

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
I haven't read through everything but ALOT of the iPhone 7's and pluses are having service issues. Including mine and my husbands. Really sucks because we were so excited. Not doing a preorder again. I'll wait until all the bugs are worked out before buying :/
That sucks! I hope since mine is coming in November it will be in a batch without issues.

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
The phone gets stuck in 3G or No service randomly. For example, I was at a friends house and we were looking stuff up on our phones, I was sitting in the same spot for 20 min, my phone went from LTE to 3G, I reset my phone. Back to LTE, 15 min later it went to 1x then no service. I was sitting in the same spot. This happens multiple times throughout the day. Sometimes I can't make or receive calls even though someone sitting next to me with a 6s can. If you google it, there are MANY MANY others having the same issue. My husbands does all this plus has wifi issues and disconnects his bluetooth randomly. Its a really buggy phone :/

zmenchhofer

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2016
Kentucky
The phone gets stuck in 3G or No service randomly. For example, I was at a friends house and we were looking stuff up on our phones, I was sitting in the same spot for 20 min, my phone went from LTE to 3G, I reset my phone. Back to LTE, 15 min later it went to 1x then no service. I was sitting in the same spot. This happens multiple times throughout the day. Sometimes I can't make or receive calls even though someone sitting next to me with a 6s can. If you google it, there are MANY MANY others having the same issue. My husbands does all this plus has wifi issues and disconnects his bluetooth randomly. Its a really buggy phone :/

did you go to setting > Cellular > Cellular data options > makesure they both are set to voice & Data
go to settings > general > about > and keep tapping the carrier line. . . . 4/5 times it may update the PRL carrier files.

Last resort, go to the VZW store and get a new sim card.

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
did you go to setting > Cellular > Cellular data options > makesure they both are set to voice & Data
go to settings > general > about > and keep tapping the carrier line. . . . 4/5 times it may update the PRL carrier files.

Last resort, go to the VZW store and get a new sim card.
I've been through all of this with apple and verizon. I have an escalated case open with apple right now. Verizon told me to go to the verizon store and get a replacement. Which obviously isn't an option since no stores have any phones. This is not just my phone. This is TONS of these phones! Some people have gotten replacement phones from apple but have the same issues with the new phone.

OriginalHuggsy

macrumors newbie
Sep 29, 2016
I've been through all of this with apple and verizon. I have an escalated case open with apple right now. Verizon told me to go to the verizon store and get a replacement. Which obviously isn't an option since no stores have any phones. This is not just my phone. This is TONS of these phones! Some people have gotten replacement phones from apple but have the same issues with the new phone.

Honestly, I think the problem might even be related to Verizon's services in general. I'm having the same issues with my iPhone 6 and so are some other people I have spoken with. It might not be selectively an issue with the new iPhones. Just some food for thought.

DcGamer05

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2011
Litchfield CT
Go to an Apple Store if that is an option they usually have a stock of replacement devices and you're under warranty so you're good to go

gavinemt

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2016
Update: Order placed 09/10/16
1- MB 128 GB 7Plus
1- Gold 128GB 7Plus
EDD: 10/12/16
Tonight i received a text message from verizon stating my order was received on 10/2 to and will receive a tracking number when order ships.
Just checked my card and it has not been charged yet but could be that it hasn't populated yet. Anyone have this yet? Should i expect to get my phones by end of week?
When i look online now it says EDD is 10/2
Maybe i have been charged because my available and current is about that amount off that i would be charged.

JSway

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
Ordered 9/16 for two RG iPhone 7+ 32 GB. Just got the texts for both that says:

Free VZW Msg: Your order # was received on 10/02/2016. You'll receive a text message with tracking information when your order ships.

When I call *611 it asks me if I would like to activate my device to press 1 or for everything else press 2.

Hoping they get delivered this week!

RogueWoman

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2016
Just charged for my big order, so hopefully those of you with multiple phones on your order will have good news soon too! And for those that ordered WAY before me (9/21 here), I would definitely call to see what's going on.

zmenchhofer

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2016
Kentucky
giphy.gif

My card was also just charged!!

7+

128GB

SILVER

Ordered 9/14

Est Ship: 10/19

Update: Shipped 10/3

mrgossett

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2008
Miracles do happen! My 7+ 128 Jet Black has shipped! Estimated ship date was 10/5. No text, email, or tracking number yet, and nothing different on My Verizon yet except the estimated ship date has disappeared. But *611 says it is processed and shipped and will arrive in two business days.

Reactions: zmenchhofer

Froggy81385

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
Go to an Apple Store if that is an option they usually have a stock of replacement devices and you're under warranty so you're good to go
Yea that's not an option unfortunately or I definitely would have. The closest Apple Store to me is 4 hours away :/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.