Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonesie

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2012
I did the same thing yesterday. I cancelled my order on my 128MB 7+ Rose Gold, ordered 9/16 with and EDD of 10/26. I reordered the same phone but in the 256GB. My CC was charged and I got an email with shipping info before I hung up the phone. I was also told I would get to keep my credit (we will see, worse case scenario I lost $100). 2 hours after I changed my order I received my tracking number though Fed-Ex, and as of this morning it has already left Memphis, TN and I should have it tomorrow :)

Nice! I was told by 2 reps that I would lose my credit because they would have to cancel my current order and order the 256gb version (and get the current promotion). Mine is due on 11/30.

Reactions: KNBrooks

haleigh

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Detroit, MI
My sister and I ordered phones on 9/21/16. Hers was a 32GB Silver 7. Mine was a 32GB MB 7+. Hers gave a delivery date of 10/19 but it came yesterday. Mine is still in process with a date of 11/02! I'm getting impatient lol

KNBrooks

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2016
Nice! I was told by 2 reps that I would lose my credit because they would have to cancel my current order and order the 256gb version (and get the current promotion). Mine is due on 11/30.
Yeah, one told me yes and one told me no. My inpatients got the best of me, lol. We will see if I get the $650 or $550 credit. Have a feeling it will be the $550, but i'm ok with that. At first I wasn't even going to trade in my phone as my daughter wants it:p

jonesie

macrumors newbie
Jun 29, 2012
Yeah, one told me yes and one told me no. My inpatients got the best of me, lol. We will see if I get the $650 or $550 credit. Have a feeling it will be the $550, but i'm ok with that. At first I wasn't even going to trade in my phone as my daughter wants it:p

Good luck, I hope it works out for you!

Reactions: KNBrooks

TheGuz4L

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2014
Woohoo. Just got my tracking #! Will be here tomorrow. Ordered 9/12 @ 10pm. 7+ MB

Last edited:

winter_evans

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2016
So this is gonna be a long one...
I ordered the 7+ JB 128G on 9/9 just a few minutes after pre-orders opened up. Got my confirmation email a little while later with an expected ship date of 10/5 and was good to go. On 9/13, someone started making fraudulent charges on my cc, so I had cancel that card. I called Verizon and met them know and asked what I could do about it. They told me that if the card didn't go through when they got ready to ship the phone, I would get an email with a link where I could update my cc info and not lose my spot in line. Great! Btw, my ship date was bumped up to 9/23. Fast forward to that date, and I still hadn't received shipment confirmation. Well I got the email about my card on the 24th later in the day, so I immediately updated my card info. Got the confirmation that it had gone through. Well, the next day I check, and my ship date has gone back to being 10/5. No biggie, since that's when I originally expected it. Fast forward to yesterday. Still no tracking or shipping info, so I call again. Was again told that it would ship yesterday. But the rep told me that if I hadn't received confirmation by 4:30, that he would call me and check on things. So he called me, and he ended up putting in a critical ticket to see what was going on and why my phone hadn't shipped yet. Mind you, the money has been taken out of my bank account already. $80.06. So I call back this morning because I'm a little obsessive when it comes to things like this. The customer service rep put me in touch with internet sales since I had ordered it online, and in the most nonchalant "not my problem" attitude, proceeds to tell me that my order has been cancelled. WHAT?!?! I totally lost my s*** at that point!! My call ends up being disconnected. I'm absolutely livid at this point! But I checked online and called 611, and everything is still telling me that my order is still processing. Something isn't adding up. So I call Verizon back. Got a very nice gentleman in tech support who connected me to a very sweet girl in customer service. After digging and digging, she discovered that I had a pending balance of $.01. Yup, you read that right. 1 penny!!! That's why my order hadn't shipped!!! And no, it hadn't been cancelled!!! She had never seen a case like that before, and had no idea why that would have happened. But she got the problem taken care of. Thank God!! My status has now been updated to shipped when I call 611.

So for anyone experiencing something similar, you may want to check to see if something like this is going on.

Reactions: MsRandall

KNBrooks

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2016
So this is gonna be a long one...
I ordered the 7+ JB 128G on 9/9 just a few minutes after pre-orders opened up. Got my confirmation email a little while later with an expected ship date of 10/5 and was good to go. On 9/13, someone started making fraudulent charges on my cc, so I had cancel that card. I called Verizon and met them know and asked what I could do about it. They told me that if the card didn't go through when they got ready to ship the phone, I would get an email with a link where I could update my cc info and not lose my spot in line. Great! Btw, my ship date was bumped up to 9/23. Fast forward to that date, and I still hadn't received shipment confirmation. Well I got the email about my card on the 24th later in the day, so I immediately updated my card info. Got the confirmation that it had gone through. Well, the next day I check, and my ship date has gone back to being 10/5. No biggie, since that's when I originally expected it. Fast forward to yesterday. Still no tracking or shipping info, so I call again. Was again told that it would ship yesterday. But the rep told me that if I hadn't received confirmation by 4:30, that he would call me and check on things. So he called me, and he ended up putting in a critical ticket to see what was going on and why my phone hadn't shipped yet. Mind you, the money has been taken out of my bank account already. $80.06. So I call back this morning because I'm a little obsessive when it comes to things like this. The customer service rep put me in touch with internet sales since I had ordered it online, and in the most nonchalant "not my problem" attitude, proceeds to tell me that my order has been cancelled. WHAT?!?! I totally lost my s*** at that point!! My call ends up being disconnected. I'm absolutely livid at this point! But I checked online and called 611, and everything is still telling me that my order is still processing. Something isn't adding up. So I call Verizon back. Got a very nice gentleman in tech support who connected me to a very sweet girl in customer service. After digging and digging, she discovered that I had a pending balance of $.01. Yup, you read that right. 1 penny!!! That's why my order hadn't shipped!!! And no, it hadn't been cancelled!!! She had never seen a case like that before, and had no idea why that would have happened. But she got the problem taken care of. Thank God!! My status has now been updated to shipped when I call 611.

So for anyone experiencing something similar, you may want to check to see if something like this is going on.
WOW :eek: I had a very nice rep assist me last night too. She said no one at Verizon is allowed to order their new iPhones until all back orders are filled and they have sufficient stock. Sounds like the first rep you got was a little sour about that:rolleyes:

winter_evans

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2016
WOW :eek: I had a very nice rep assist me last night too. She said no one at Verizon is allowed to order their new iPhones until all back orders are filled and they have sufficient stock. Sounds like the first rep you got was a little sour about that:rolleyes:
I'm just baffled. I've pre-ordered the iPhone every year since the 4 came out. I've NEVER had an issue like this. I'm so stressed over it

KNBrooks

macrumors newbie
Sep 27, 2016
I'm just baffled. I've pre-ordered the iPhone every year since the 4 came out. I've NEVER had an issue like this. I'm so stressed over it
Same! This was the first year I didn't preorder on 9/9 as we were out of the country. I figured I would just suck it up and wait in line. Ended up having to order 9/16 when I found out there were no 7+'s available. This launch has been the absolute worst!

Native3000

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
Ordered a black 7+ 32g on 9/18 through Verizon. I was given an estimated shipping date of 11/2. On 9/20, I called and cancelled that and ordered the 128g instead. I was then given an estimated shipping date of 11/9. I called *611 this evening and my order was pending shipment. But with still an estimated 11/09 shipping. Does this mean my order is pending shipment right now? Or pending shipment for an estimated shipping date of 11/09.

Track40

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
Ordered a black 7+ 32g on 9/18 through Verizon. I was given an estimated shipping date of 11/2. On 9/20, I called and cancelled that and ordered the 128g instead. I was then given an estimated shipping date of 11/9. I called *611 this evening and my order was pending shipment. But with still an estimated 11/09 shipping. Does this mean my order is pending shipment right now? Or pending shipment for an estimated shipping date of 11/09.

Pending shipping for an estimated date of 11/09. Mines saying the same thing, except for 11/16.

donsgraphics

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
My sister and I ordered phones on 9/21/16. Hers was a 32GB Silver 7. Mine was a 32GB MB 7+. Hers gave a delivery date of 10/19 but it came yesterday. Mine is still in process with a date of 11/02! I'm getting impatient lol
[doublepost=1475793521][/doublepost]Yes. I am in the exact same boat as you for my wife and my phones. Same 7 silver 32 gig and 7 plus silver 32 gig ordered on 9-22 and EDD is 11-2. And yes impatient as well. Good luck with early arrival...I know I am hoping for one.

lilyjane07

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2016
Anyone who ordered on or around 9/14 with ESD of 10/12 have any movements on their order? I ordered 7+ 128GB Rose Gold and no updates. I was hoping my order would ship by Friday, but at this rate it doesn't look like it'll ship until the 12th, or even later.

Track40

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
Anyone who ordered on or around 9/14 with ESD of 10/12 have any movements on their order? I ordered 7+ 128GB Rose Gold and no updates. I was hoping my order would ship by Friday, but at this rate it doesn't look like it'll ship until the 12th, or even later.

I am waiting on the exact same config for my wife, with the same order date and ship est, and still nothing yet.

lilyjane07

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2016
Should've known better than allow myself to feel a flicker of hope. My phone is on it's last leg. I hope we make it until november!
If you don't mind paying an extra few bucks a month you should see about getting the 256GB. I've changed one of our orders from 128 to the 256 and got it shipped the very next day. Boyfriend's phone is on it's last leg and couldn't wait the extra 2-3 weeks for his to get here. I wish I could change my RG to the 256 but wouldn't be able to transfer over a promotional credit I received for that phone to a new order :( Stuck waiting it out... But at least my current phone is in perfect working mode.

Native3000

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2016
If you don't mind paying an extra few bucks a month you should see about getting the 256GB. I've changed one of our orders from 128 to the 256 and got it shipped the very next day. Boyfriend's phone is on it's last leg and couldn't wait the extra 2-3 weeks for his to get here. I wish I could change my RG to the 256 but wouldn't be able to transfer over a promotional credit I received for that phone to a new order :( Stuck waiting it out... But at least my current phone is in perfect working mode.
I'm with Verizon and I did the credit for turning my 6 back in. I wonder if I would still qualify for that?

lilyjane07

macrumors newbie
Oct 4, 2016
I'm with Verizon and I did the credit for turning my 6 back in. I wonder if I would still qualify for that?
Was it the $650 credit? I've heard some say they were able to, but some have said they weren't able to keep their original trade in. But I think you can still do the trade in, but it's down to $550 now, instead of the $650.

Track40

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
Sorry in advance for this long post, but maybe someone out there won't feel like they are the only one that got totally screwed by Apple with the 7.

I used to be on T-Mobile. I was on a regular consumer plan. That allowed me to get into the Apple Upgrade program when I purchased my 6S+. When you buy a new phone through the upgrade program (IUP), you have to find a phone at a store and reserve it. When preorders went LIVE, Apple screwed up and all of the people in the upgrade program were only allowed to pick from inventory that was going to be allocated to stores on Launch day -- not from the entire U.S. inventory allotment. Translation... no iPhone 7/7+s available in Jet Black, anywhere in the country. Upgraders were livid. We were told for a week after that, leading up to launch day, that Apple was going to finagle handsets for anyone who was affected in the preorder debacle. I called their special number and followed up with them all week. I was promised that they were going to find me a phone somewhere, even if it was a few days after launch. They. Never. Did. Anything.

The day after the preorder debacle, I went to Verizon and switched my 4 lines over from T-Mobile. The rep at the store put me on a business plan to save me even more money.

Fast forward to launch day. I heard inventory numbers were being adjusted early in the morning on launch day. I woke up at 6, and searched through the AppStore app. EUREKA! I found a 7+ 256 JB available at the Michigan Ave Chicago store. 90min away. I put it on reserve. 1030am reservation.... CHECK! I was damn excited. Today's gonna be a good day after a week of hell.

I drop the kids off at school, blaze down to the city. I had a photoshoot scheduled for 2pm back near my home, and was praying this would be smooth and by the numbers at Chicagos flagship store. I get down to the city, pay for parking and queue up in the proper reservation line. After 2hrs, i get into the store, up the stairs and into the next line. Finally, at long last, it's my turn... i get to the counter.

Told the sales guy what i had reserved and he went to fetch it. He put it on the counter in front of me. He then rips off my screen protector... "won't be needing this any more" he says. Then he has me disable Find My IPhone. Then verifying I have an iCloud backup, he wipes the phone in prep for the trade in. He gives me his handheld reader to enter my Verizon acct info. I do it. He takes the reader back and tries to get the new phone provisioned to the account. It. Doesn't. Work. He tries again. And again. And again. Nothing. Can't get into my Verizon account. Then he asks... "Are you on a business plan or something?" [gulp...] Yes. "Oh, well you can't upgrade any more if you're on a business plan. Your only options are to either buy the phone outright or walk away".

I had to walk away. I could not afford to spend $969 on a new phone and finish paying off an entire years worth of upgrade program payments for my 6S+.

I have never been more Furious. Not only did I not get the phone, but my $40 screen protector was destroyed and my phone was wiped.

So, I got back home, got my Verizon business rep on the phone and he placed an order for me on that day (9/16). When's it going to ship? Mid November. Oh well. Life at the back of the line sucks. I just wasn't meant to win this one.

At least I'll get $650 off my trade in.

And to be totally honest, If it weren't for the trade in deal the VZW is running, I would really care less about even getting the 7 and would just skip a year -- and that's saying a lot when coming from a huge Apple fanatic...

Last edited:

Track40

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2012
Ps. In hindsight I began to kick myself that I moved to VZW before getting the 7. However, come to find out, that Apple is making 2 variants of the 7... and the Tmo version and the VZW version are different and incompatible. Had i waited a week and bought the new Tmo 7+ via the Apple Upgrade Program thinking I could just get it activated on VZW, I would have been even more furious to find out I would have been stuck on TMo for another 2 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.