Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
This isn't a valid analogy...

Imagine that there were three lines. One for Popcorn, one for chips and one for peanuts. If you were standing in line for popcorn because you decided you really wanted popcorn; you wouldn't be pissed if the peanut line was moving faster.

You could have chosen a less popular color that historically has a better chance of shipping faster... is a potential delay (at this point almost everyone that ordered early seems to be getting theres on day one) really worth complaining about or choosing a color that you ultimately won't be happy with for a year?

I did choose a color that I like that was not going to be high in demand. I chose silver and i ordered early also. If anything i would of thought that the Black phones would have been slower in shipping.

ajt116

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Right

I'm totally trying to place nice but the whole logic of the way Verizon is processing orders doesn't make a lot of sense. Nor do i like getting called entitled because i feel if you place your order at 12:30 the guy who places his order at 6:00 should not be processed first.

I'm happy for folks that got there orders but i'm not gonna be happy if the dude who placed his order 4 hours later gets his phone this week while i won't have mine until october.
Dude. Calm down. Rose golds were being processed first, then black. Probably silver after this? Its obviously going in order.

Reactions: letsgox

Texas26257

macrumors regular
May 22, 2016
Guys I feel stupid I forgot which card I used. I can preorder status via email but does not show card is there a way to pull the order and see which card

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
Dude. Calm down. Rose golds were being processed first, then black. Probably silver after this? Its obviously going in order.

seriously! agreed! i can only imagine whats going to happen if silver is literally up next...

Ammie06

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Finally got charged no tracking number yet!!! Rose gold plus 128g order placed at 6:15 am shipping had been showing 9/16 but when I called I was told 9/28... I will add my accessories I ordered arrived today and I NEVER received an update with shipping or anything it still says processing online... not saying this will be the same for the phone of course just trying to give a little glimpse of hope for others

Last edited:

myshoulders

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
I'm super excited. I got a text at 10:34 pm est from my bank that Verizon charged my account. I was not expecting that. I have a ship date of today 9/13 now. My account was saying 9/23.

Reactions: Ammie06

bnahms123

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2014
just got charged for my matte black 7 plus. ordered it at 3:14 EST. delivery date has disappeared ( was initially 9/23)

FYI, this is now my 3rd preorder (32gb slate 5, 64gb silver 6 plus, now the 128gb black 7 plus). each time is identical. everybody stresses out and worries about this and that and this flight coming from here and that carrier got tracking first and this model is in short supply... if you preorder between 3am- ~9am, (regardless of WHAT date it says) you will receive your phone on release day as long as you're there to sign for it.

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Jun 24, 2013
just got charged for my matte black 7 plus. ordered it at 3:14 EST. delivery date has disappeared ( was initially 9/23)

FYI, this is now my 3rd preorder (32gb slate 5, 64gb silver 6 plus, now the 128gb black 7 plus). each time is identical. everybody stresses out and worries about this and that and this flight coming from here and that carrier got tracking first and this model is in short supply... if you preorder between 3am-9am, (regardless of WHAT date is says) you will receive your phone on release day as long as you're there to sign for it.
Are you sure this holds true for my Jet Black? i haven't received a charge yet :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.