Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tacorobot

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Salt Lake City
Every ****ing year, the same ****. People lose their minds over where their next phone is in the mail, as if it's going to make their life any better. It's a cool device, but it will not bring any true happiness. Please go outside, be thankful that you're healthy, or have friends/family. Stop with the phone obsession.

I have no vices, I don't smoke, drink, or gamble. I just want to buy an new iPhone every year.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
When you log into my Verizon, select devices and view the upgrade status/availability for the line/phone you upgraded

Yup, mine shows the agreement as being signed today as well
[doublepost=1473825986][/doublepost]
Every ****ing year, the same ****. People lose their minds over where their next phone is in the mail, as if it's going to make their life any better. It's a cool device, but it will not bring any true happiness. Please go outside, be thankful that you're healthy, or have friends/family. Stop with the phone obsession.

The only thing I like about going outside is approaching the UPS person as they exit their truck and hand me my iPhone

Reactions: ahw5071

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
It shouldn't, I updated my payment info because of an issue with my address and one charge is already pending, and the status says preparing for shipment.
When you updated the payment info, did the $1 temporary charge happen automatically on the new card?

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
I'm ready to give up. This whole Verizon launch and how they prioritize not by time actual order was placed is B.S, Other companies if your order 1 or 2 you get processed as 1 or 2 not 4 or 6 due to ease as someone mentioned was the reasoning.

Sure it's just a phone right? It's the principal of it.

masterbear

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2014
Did anyone pre-order the 7plus 256GB JetBlack and had their status change?

I preordered early (on 9/8 eastern time!) and mine is still processing and my card hasn't been charged.

gemnilocs

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2011
california
Sounds like you might honestly need to take your own advice...why be upset in a forum where it's titled "Verizon preorder thread" people come here to feel a sense of togetherness because everyone wants their new and shiny new phone and everyone is excited to get their new shiny phone...it happens every year. You sound like the old man that screams " get off my lawn" it's ok...take a deep breath and relax. As someone who is recovering from a pretty bad motorcycle accident and saw my life flash before me, I do appreciate as I did before my near death experience, I appreciate all the moments good or bad and like those moments I appreciate this and a few other forums. Life is meant to be lived and how folks choose to live it, enjoy it is up to each individual....I wish you peace.

Reactions: skip579 and cswx

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
I'm ready to give up. This whole Verizon launch and how they prioritize not by time actual order was placed is B.S, Other companies if your order 1 or 2 you get processed as 1 or 2 not 4 or 6 due to ease as someone mentioned was the reasoning.

ok so how do you expect them to process your order if they probably don't have that shipment then? you want them to wait for your silver phone to get in just because you were number 1? because who knows when that will be and while they have a ton of rose gold and blacks sitting just waiting to be processed you expect them to give you priority when its probably not there yet.

madscientist10

macrumors member
Oct 29, 2014
NYC
I still need to get my 6S screen fixed before I can send it back. I wonder how much Verizon would deduct for a cracked screen.

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
ok so how do you expect them to process your order if they probably don't have that shipment then? you want them to wait for your silver phone to get in just because you were number 1? because who knows when that will be and while they have a ton of rose gold and blacks sitting just waiting to be processed you expect them to give you priority when its probably not there yet.

The Black iPhones both Variants sold out pretty quickly. As far as Rose Gold, Gold and Silver. Since those are not newer colors would not have figured there would not be such an issue with getting these orders done. Seems like They are way focused on the Black phones only.

So this either sounds like Apple under estimated the demand on this or Verizon ordered more of the Black Variants and not enough of the others. Either way it sucks with the possibility of having to wait till october

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
The Black iPhones both Variants sold out pretty quickly. As far as Rose Gold, Gold and Silver. Since those are not newer colors would not have figured there would be such an issue with getting these orders done. Seems like They are way focused on the Black phones only.

simply put it...maybe the silver shipments haven't arrived yet and they can't process something that isn't available to be processed. i would understand if you knew for sure that they had a whole shipment of silver iPhones come in but none of us do and we're all waiting. and like another person said...call verizon if anything.

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
yall gotta chill out

i ordered a 7+ 256 JB

it says 9/28 and that's when i expect it. im not rushing cause my ATT contract is up 11/14.

I'm trying to but the Folks who have their phone in Transit have no problem being snarky.
[doublepost=1473827796][/doublepost]
simply put it...maybe the silver shipments haven't arrived yet and they can't process something that isn't available to be processed. i would understand if you knew for sure that they had a whole shipment of silver iPhones come in but none of us do and we're all waiting. and like another person said...call verizon if anything.

Really? Because a lot of you folks who actually have tracking numbers have issues kinda understand us who don't and are waiting.

Wthompso

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010

If there was only one model and variation then you would be 100% in the right. However with so many options and colors you can't honestly expect an entire logistics warehouse to cease all processesing and shipping because your certain device has not arrived at the facility yet. Your device will be shipped in the configuration you ordered in the order it was placed. That is the way all logistic facilities operate. They would never meet demands if they had to halt because one person's device had not arrived that would not be fair to the hundreds or thousands of people who ordered other configurations moments after you.

Reactions: letsgox

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016
I'm trying to but the Folks who have their phone in Transit have no problem being snarky.

Really? Because a lot of you folks who actually have tracking numbers have no issue being Snarky about it.

really? because i actually don't have my phone shipped yet either, which happens to be a 128 matte black 7+...

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
If there was only one model and variation then you would be 100% in the right. However with so many options and colors you can't honestly expect an entire logistics warehouse to cease all processesing and shipping because your certain device has not arrived at the facility yet. Your device will be shipped in the configuration you ordered in the order it was placed. That is the way all logistic facilities operate. They would never meet demands if they had to halt because one person's device had not arrived that would not be fair to the hundreds or thousands of people who ordered other configurations moments after you.

That's not what i am saying. But if the Jet black phone was the one that had the newer finish versus the normal finish iPhones. I'n not getting why those are shipping out so quickly. Those sold out faster so i would have not thought the first night of shipments would have been dedicated to those and the regular Rose Gold finish.

letsgox

macrumors regular
Sep 9, 2016

thank you.

Wthompso

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Also I have not been charged yet or any update since ordering and I ordered my black 7+ 128 GB 20 min after the page went live and got my email a few minutes later.

segrobja

macrumors regular
Sep 20, 2013
NYC

Really? Because a lot of you folks who actually have tracking numbers have issues kinda understand us who don't and are waiting.
Yeah, no tracking info on my 256 GB JB 7+ and a delivery date of 9/28. So yeah... about that.
[doublepost=1473828120][/doublepost]
That's not what i am saying. But if the Jet black phone was the one that had the newer finish versus the normal finish iPhones. I'n not getting why those are shipping out so quickly. Those sold out faster so i would have not thought the first night of shipments would have been dedicated to those and the regular Rose Gold finish.
Yeah. Again like no Jet Blacks have been processed. Where have you been?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.