Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

duckfan90

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2015
Noticed that my credit card was not showing a pending charge, but showing a decrease in my available balance equal to the amount verizon was going to charge. So i just checked https://preorder.verizonwireless.com/order/common/dotcomContainer.jsp and it shows a shipping date of tonight, as well as a message, "your order has been sent to the warehouse for shipping" . 7+ 128gb matte black. I am holding out hope for a release day delivery.

Note: neither my vzw account orders nor my email link on the preorder email showed any change from the 9/23 expected shipping date.

imod4fun

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2016
Also I have not been charged yet or any update since ordering and I ordered my black 7+ 128 GB 20 min after the page went live and got my email a few minutes later.

What state are you in, looks like Oklahoma, Texas, Louisiana, etc. have not been processed

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Yeah, no tracking info on my 256 GB JB 7+ and a delivery date of 9/28. So yeah... about that.
[doublepost=1473828120][/doublepost]
Yeah. Again like no Jet Blacks have been processed. Where have you been?

So my bad. The Black iPhone not Jet Black seems to be going out as well as the Rose Gold. Seems weird that all of sudden the other colors would be slow in getting in stock.

Wthompso

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
That's not what i am saying. But if the Jet black phone was the one that had the newer finish versus the normal finish iPhones. I'n not getting why those are shipping out so quickly. Those sold out faster so i would have not thought the first night of shipments would have been dedicated to those and the regular Rose Gold finish.

The only thing I can think of is that because it was the newest color there were more to attempt to meet the demands and they were shipped from the manufacturer first. With less demand for the other colors they were able to be shipped later knowing that the demand would be less thus allowing them to reach the customer by the delivery date. As others have said you may get something as late as Thursday afternoon and still get your device by launch day.

16Paws

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2014
I'm trying to but the Folks who have their phone in Transit have no problem being snarky.
[doublepost=1473827796][/doublepost]

Really? Because a lot of you folks who actually have tracking numbers have issues kinda understand us who don't and are waiting.

Just keep in mind that we haven't seen any Silvers yet with shipments or charges. You have think of it like this:

When the pallets are pulled off the plane into the distribution center they are packaged together by color and size. So shipment 1 is rose gold 128 maybe shipment 2-4 are 128 black then shipment 5-7 are gold. When they unload and sort the silvers you will get yours. There are millions of these phones being transported and just like with anything else they have to unload and sort one by one so that's how the charges show. There are also regions to take into account. It is likely quicker for a western region to get and sort than an eastern region because of transit time.

I haven't gotten a charge or any update but it's just how this process works I've done this with every iPhone that I could preorder (except the 4... those were my dark Android times that I don't like to talk about)... the process in waves.

Pinknflawless

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Tennessee
Hi, I'm new here, but stumbled upon this site and love it. I always love my new tech devices lol. Anyway, I preordered 9/9 as soon as site went live, but had issues with both the Verizon and Apple sites on my iPhone 6+. I switched to my ipad and was able to go straight through, pay my edge balance to upgrade and received confirmation email @ 2:23am cst. Email and account had deliver by 9/16, but further clicking had a ship date of 9/28. Now my online account has no ship date, the app says ship by 9/23, and my receipt says it was shipped today.My cc was just charged at 7:28pm cst with a shipping date of today, but still no tracking number. I ordered the 7+ 128gb Rose Gold. My order and delivery location is Memphis, so idk if Fedex is shipping them or UPS based off some others' posts, but I'm definitely looking forward to geting it as my bday is Saturday, but we'll be in Mexico, sooooo I'm looking for a way to get it early Friday morning before the flight leaves. Sort of tempted to change my flight.

Wthompso

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
I am in NC so I'm guessing the regional facility has not gotten their shipment in yet. I'm not too worried the first email said 9/23 so I'm not holding them to launch day even though as I've previously said my order was complete within the first half hour.

Reactions: AndrewLuckIsTheGOAT

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Just keep in mind that we haven't seen any Silvers yet with shipments or charges. You have think of it like this:

When the pallets are pulled off the plane into the distribution center they are packaged together by color and size. So shipment 1 is rose gold 128 maybe shipment 2-4 are 128 black then shipment 5-7 are gold. When they unload and sort the silvers you will get yours. There are millions of these phones being transported and just like with anything else they have to unload and sort one by one so that's how the charges show. There are also regions to take into account. It is likely quicker for a western region to get and sort than an eastern region because of transit time.

I haven't gotten a charge or any update but it's just how this process works I've done this with every iPhone that I could preorder (except the 4... those were my dark Android times that I don't like to talk about)... the process in waves.

I totally get that. I know that a whole disto facility does not work soley for me. But it's also concerning that people don't understand that the guise of a preorder means that if my buddy who wakes up 8 hours after me places an order he may get his phone before i do and that i am supposed to be like "okay" ill wait till whenever to get my device.

If that's the case they totally need to rebrand this. I feel like this was poor planning honestly. More on Apple not feeling confident they had something that was going to sell and well it did. I'm not trying to be entitled but point blank if i pre-order something in a certain order i expect to get it in that order and if i can't it should be conveyed.

This is not my first launch but i've never had this happen with another carrier or even with Apple directly. T-Mobile had my 6 on launch, 6s had it on launch from Apple. Verizon well here are....

phillyforlife

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Long Island, New York
I ordered a black matte 128gb 7plus from vzw.com i got my confirmation email at 3:20 am, my expected ship date is 9/23/16, i clicked the link someone posted up top and checked with my confirmation number and last name and it says my order was sent to the warehouse. then i checked my credit card and see it was charged today on the 13th.. so i am hoping i will see it by friday, i will report back if i get any changes, just figured i would throw my update in as i been following this thread for the past few days.

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Trust me if your "buddy" woke up 8 hours later and put in an order for the exact same phone as you he would not receive it before you.

Really? Because i don't know what thread it was in but order confirmation with all the details including deliver by date was done by 5:10AM PST on 09/09 this dude posted already has his tracking number and order was placed close to 10:00PST with the screen shot if i recall and then other folks did too.

That's what i mean by its frustrating. Even folks who got their orders in earlier than me. It's not fair to them. I dunno what kind of supply chain doesn't calibrate on having enough to be sent out equally at the same time. There's no special alloy involved.

AlexNess

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
Really? Because i don't know what thread it was in but order confirmation with all the details including deliver by date was done by 5:10AM PST on 09/09 this dude posted already has his tracking number and order was placed close to 10:00PST with the screen shot if i recall and then other folks did too.

That's what i mean by its frustrating. Even folks who got their orders in earlier than me. It's not fair to them. I dunno what kind of supply chain doesn't calibrate on having enough to be sent out equally at the same time. There's no special alloy involved.
You gotta chill.

skip579

macrumors newbie
Sep 10, 2016
But it's also concerning that people don't understand that the guise of a preorder means that if my buddy who wakes up 8 hours after me places an order he may get his phone before i do and that i am supposed to be like "okay" ill wait till whenever to get my device.

Oh my god dude. It's like you're not even listening to what everyone is telling you.

AndrewLuckIsTheGOAT

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
I am in NC so I'm guessing the regional facility has not gotten their shipment in yet. I'm not too worried the first email said 9/23 so I'm not holding them to launch day even though as I've previously said my order was complete within the first half hour.

Same in NC with no movement/change from the orginal 9/23 date..

iPhone 7 Plus, Black, 256GB

Texxy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2011
Are anyones orderes shipping separately? I have two 7+ and one regular 7 but all are same delivery day...

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Oh my god dude. It's like you're not even listening to what everyone is telling you.

Right because a lot of you already have your phones in Transit so its a lot easier to preach when you have something then when you don't.
[doublepost=1473829914][/doublepost]
You gotta chill.

Tryin to but having to wait till October when i woke up super early doesn't make me happy at all when i thought Verizon had their act together.

nanbeck

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Hi Everyone.
I am new to the forum, and new to iPhone as well. I pre-ordered a phone Friday, and had some buyer's remorse and cancelled the order about an hour ago. I want to select a different model, but when I try to complete a new purchase, and trade in my old device, it tells me that I have a trade-in pending on another device. I am wondering if anyone knows how long it will take for the trade in to reset so I can order a different phone?

Thanks!

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Bruh... it's a damn phone. You're making a fool out of yourself. Literally everyone on here is annoyed by your posts/way of thinking.

Really? So when you get everyone to co-sign this then that's fine. But until then i will voice my opinion and if you don't like it then too bad. i'm not the only one that's frustrated that folks who ordered later in the day are getting order sooner than those who ordered when pre-orders opened.

Wthompso

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010

The example you are using unless you can provide proof otherwise is most likely from another carrier or from Apple themselves. Those have very little to do with orders from Verizon. If someone ordered a phone a bit later on another carrier that has 0 to do with your Verizon order. I am not preaching as I have not gotten any update. Your email most likely had an estimate if you don't get your phone until then by all means complain or whatever you want. However until then you have nothing to complain about you had an estimate when you placed and order with ZERO promise of a launch delivery

Reactions: Sammypurple

DonAb

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Right because a lot of you already have your phones in Transit so its a lot easier to preach when you have something then when you don't.
I've been following this thread since day 1 and I signed up just so i can reply to your comment.
Calm the **** down man, it's just a phone and you really are making a fool out of yourself. You're 36 and you're acting like a 12 year old. So what you woke up just to place your order? what's the big deal? just wait like the rest of us. I'll have you know that i stayed up till 3am EST too and still got a 10/05 shipping date. NBD
So for the love of god just calm down

itzjonjon69

macrumors member
Oct 1, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
Just checked my bank and it looks i got a charge/pending! iPhone 7+ 128GB Matte Black

charged.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.