Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cflasche

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2016
Right because a lot of you already have your phones in Transit so its a lot easier to preach when you have something then when you don't.
[doublepost=1473829914][/doublepost]

Tryin to but having to wait till October when i woke up super early doesn't make me happy at all when i thought Verizon had their act together.

YOU'RE NOT GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT UNTIL OCTOBER!!! If you ordered in the first hour, you're probably going to get it on launch day. It's not like the pallets and phones have names and order dates and times on them. Just chill, and quit your bitching and complaining. And don't say it's easy because I already have one in transit, because I don't, I'm waiting for my info to come too, but I am waiting like everyone else, because I understand that they go through pallets by color and storage size.

Wthompso

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Cool so that means if i see you at the DMV i can skip you in line? You don't understand the concept of principal so good luck mate.

Okay so you must be trolling now, many people have said this so I will state it again for the last time... No one is cutting you in line....your device configuration hasn't arrived yet... Others have those have been processed... Once yours arrives... You will get your phone before ANYONE ELSE WHO ORDERED AFTER YOU. hope that clears it up a bit.

Reactions: letsgox

ajaxmonkey

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2011
Let us all be calm and remember what's the most important thing... hyperventilating until our phones arrive. I stayed up all night/morning and had to go to class at 9 a.m. and then work after that until 11 p.m. We all made sacrifices, and we understand. Let's just be cool and be iPhone buds.

AndrewLuckIsTheGOAT

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Okay so you must be trolling now, many people have said this so I will state it again for the last time... No one is cutting you in line....your device configuration hasn't arrived yet... Others have those have been processed... Once yours arrives... You will get your phone before ANYONE ELSE WHO ORDERED AFTER YOU. hope that clears it up a bit.

He honestly didn't even deserve this reassurance after the fiasco he put/is putting on.. #SchmuckTroll #GoAwayWeDontWantToPlay

Krissy_21

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2016
I ordered 2 iPhone 7+ jet black 128gb on release night (within first 30 min) Verizon's website was horrible, showed ship date of 10/05, received confirmation email soon after with expected ship date of 10/26 -_-

Reactions: jwalltheapple

KawaiiKitsune13

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Well... That certainly escalated quickly.... I ordered at 3:30 est on the 9th, have a currently projected ship/delivery date of 11/16 (very well may ship a LOT sooner), my order is still in process and I'm refreshing my status like crazy... Yet even I'm not sitting here speculating some grand conspiracy.

We saw the earliest phones getting shipped were Apple.com orders (seemingly both size variants) as Apple fills their direct orders first. Now the carriers are fulfilling orders and they clearly filled regular 7s first and are now moving onto the 7+s. However it seems the + are being sent in waves and seemingly according to color. I've yet to see any of the Silvers having shown as shipped for the +s at this point...

Essentially, if the phones are being sent via color/storage, it makes absolutely perfect sense that the timestamp/order numbers are followed in accordance to what's currently being shipped. If you've got a Silver 7+ ordered at 3:20am and I have a Jet Black 7+ ordered at 3:30 but the Jet Blacks are being sent out before the Silvers, I have NOT cut in the line. The company will go down the list for the Jet Blacks in accordance with the proper order sequence until their allotment/pallet is done. If the Silvers ship after that, they start down the line in order of time/order #. This maintains order for each particular product variant instead of jumping about between them if they simply lumped all shipments together. This also allows the carrier to report back accurately to Apple what products will need to be replenished to fill further out orders once current stocks are depleted

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
Can we get back to lusting for our phones to ship sheesh???

Agree to disagree and lets get back to the important things -----a pallet of Jet Black i7 plus phones - one little 256 gb is waiting to come live with me for a year :cool::):apple:

[doublepost=1473833516][/doublepost]
Matte black 128 7+. Card charged at 10:30 this evening (4 hours ago); tracking info on order status shows picked up at 1:30am and due for delivery Friday morning.

Congrats

Last edited:

travismalake

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
Matte black 128 7+. Card charged at 10:30 this evening (4 hours ago); tracking info on order status shows picked up at 1:30am and due for delivery Friday morning.

Same model here, awaiting tracking info, glad to hear you're seeing movement

macmaccy

macrumors member
May 12, 2009
Let me see if I can help you understand how warehouse/supply chain/logistics works. First of all trying to move millions of little boxes from halfway around the globe is not as easy as you may think. Orders are NOT picked in the order they are received...that would be an extremely wasteful method that would result in many people not receiving orders on time AND the cost to ship would be prohibitive.
Inventory is received into the warehouse. The order allocation system looks at ALL of the orders sent into the various DIFFERENT queues. Yes there are many different QUEUES within the order/inventory system. There is a queue for upgrade orders, new customers, business customers, VIP/customer service, etc, etc. You may think..why are there different queues? That's not fair!! .... Well without those different queues customers could not fairly share in the available inventory and (example)Verizon would not be able to grow because all of the available inventory has been allocated to the upgrade customers and the new Verizon customers would never get their phones.
Now the next part is the most important part of the allocation and picking/packing process....The location of the customer!! If Verizon, or any other warehouse operation, was to pick orders just by the time in which it was received you could never make a profit!! Pick/Pack is run in waves by a logical process...usually LOCATION!! Look at your Verizon order...Do you see a location code? Its there for a reason. More then likely Verizon runs waves based on this location code FIRST then by order sequence to ensure the phones can ship together in a cost effective manner via UPS/FEDEX.
So for example...I live in Seattle, I ordered at 3pm. You live in Portland, you ordered at 11am. Most likely we have the same location code. Why? Because they can put our phones on the same pallet and it could be sent to Seattle, Portland, or even Spokane overnight...based on space availability within the air or ground system. This allows the carrier flexibility to accommodate demand, equip issues, weather, etc. Just by running waves and packing pallets in a logical format there is no need to break the pallet until the final destination hub.
So what you are seeing in this thread are queues and waves working together in a logical format. Your seeing waves running based upon the above criteria. So your gonna see some orders that were placed later then yours being shipped because they are waving a specific location and/or queue. Without logic millions and millions of iPhone boxes would have to be manually sorted by UPS/Fedex and it would completely choke their system.
I hope this helps....Your queue and location will wave soon and all of this will be over.

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
Let me see if I can help you understand how warehouse/supply chain/logistics works. First of all trying to move millions of little boxes from halfway around the globe is not as easy as you may think. Orders are NOT picked in the order they are received...that would be an extremely wasteful method that would result in many people not receiving orders on time AND the cost to ship would be prohibitive.
Inventory is received into the warehouse. The order allocation system looks at ALL of the orders sent into the various DIFFERENT queues. Yes there are many different QUEUES within the order/inventory system. There is a queue for upgrade orders, new customers, business customers, VIP/customer service, etc, etc. You may think..why are there different queues? That's not fair!! .... Well without those different queues customers could not fairly share in the available inventory and (example)Verizon would not be able to grow because all of the available inventory has been allocated to the upgrade customers and the new Verizon customers would never get their phones.
Now the next part is the most important part of the allocation and picking/packing process....The location of the customer!! If Verizon, or any other warehouse operation, was to pick orders just by the time in which it was received you could never make a profit!! Pick/Pack is run in waves by a logical process...usually LOCATION!! Look at your Verizon order...Do you see a location code? Its there for a reason. More then likely Verizon runs waves based on this location code FIRST then by order sequence to ensure the phones can ship together in a cost effective manner via UPS/FEDEX.
So for example...I live in Seattle, I ordered at 3pm. You live in Portland, you ordered at 11am. Most likely we have the same location code. Why? Because they can put our phones on the same pallet and it could be sent to Seattle, Portland, or even Spokane overnight...based on space availability within the air or ground system. This allows the carrier flexibility to accommodate demand, equip issues, weather, etc. Just by running waves and packing pallets in a logical format there is no need to break the pallet until the final destination hub.
So what you are seeing in this thread are queues and waves working together in a logical format. Your seeing waves running based upon the above criteria. So your gonna see some orders that were placed later then yours being shipped because they are waving a specific location and/or queue. Without logic millions and millions of iPhone boxes would have to be manually sorted by UPS/Fedex and it would completely choke their system.
I hope this helps....Your queue and location will wave soon and all of this will be over.

This helps a lot. Still one thing that is confusing is if the Jet/matte black were the highest in demand and not a lot to go around. I would just like to know when my phone is going to arrive. I did everything as far as waking up early. Making sure my account info was correct.

I know now what not to do Next year but we are here now.

New Fang

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2016
Ventura, CA

Dang!

macmaccy

macrumors member
May 12, 2009
This helps a lot. Still one thing that is confusing is if the Jet/matte black were the highest in demand and not a lot to go around. I would just like to know when my phone is going to arrive. I did everything as far as waking up early. Making my account info was correct.

I know now what not to do Next year but we are here now.

First off...Verizon is just the middleman here. They are at the mercy of Apple. Its probable to assume that Apple provided them with a forecast that was used to determine your estimated ship date. Since this is a new color and process, production yields factor into the equation. And since Apple does not share sales or production yields...nobody can answer your question. Based on the time you ordered its very likely you will be one of the first to get your order.
Hang in there....there is an iPhone coming your way.

Remember...a watched pot never boils!!!!

Reactions: jwalltheapple

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
First off...Verizon is just the middleman here. They are at the mercy of Apple. Its probable to assume that Apple provided them with a forecast that was used to determine your estimated ship date. Since this is a new color and process, production yields factor into the equation. And since Apple does not share sales or production yields...nobody can answer your question. Based on the time you ordered its very likely you will be one of the first to get your order.

I hope i get it at least by October. If not will wait until the iPhone 8 (7S) and will make sure that i am up at midnight for that one. :) That will prob shatter the demand of all iPhones prior.

jephluvsred

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2011

But you just said they don't ship them in the order they were ordered. And you're telling him "based on the time you ordered" he'll likely be the first to get his phone? Am I missing something?

macmaccy

macrumors member
May 12, 2009
It will be worth the wait,,,,,

I ordered a black 7+ 128 and RG 128 7+. I ordered at 5pm on Friday..so I'm not expecting to receive my order until after launch day. My conf. says 10/05...I'm hoping to get them sooner.

JediZenMaster

Suspended
Mar 28, 2010
Seattle
But you just said they don't ship them in the order they were ordered. And you're telling him "based on the time you ordered" he'll likely be the first to get his phone? Am I missing something?

That's confusing. I'll wait and enjoy my 7S and the folks who did not get while i was upset this year. Well turnabout! if i don't get a 7. Just gonna say though I'm gonna remember the folks who got their 7's when i have my 7s. #humblebrag

gorytory

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
Signed up just to throw my stats into the mix.

Rose Gold 7+ 128GB. Ordered 9/9, 3:15am, confirmation email received 3:17 am. Status is still processing, with a deliver-by date of 9/16, although a FB exchange with Verizon told me 9/28 was the expected shipment date. I just checked and, they've finally charged my card for the doggone thing. Fingers crossed!

Reactions: lienhart
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.