Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IA5ON

macrumors newbie
Sep 11, 2016
Got some news from the local store managers I've been in contact with. It's not good news. No pluses at all. The only phones they are getting are 128GB black regular 7. And each store is only getting enough to count on one hand. One store said they were only getting 2. Looks like I gambled and lost. Calling the executive office back and hopefully having her order our phones and having her "expedite" them like she offered Saturday, but it's probably going to be no help now. First time in 4 launches I won't have a phone on launch day, mostly all because of T-Mobile and the JOD fiasco.

Yeah I talked to a manager and they said the same thing, they are only getting 3. He said its because the preorder was so large they had to pull the stores inventory.

Tromulous

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2008
AZ
I ordered a JOD 7+ 256gb black right at 0100MST and got a 9/19-9/26 ship date. I haven't seen a lot of posts on T-Mobile shipping. I'm hoping that T-Mobile hasn't received their shipment yet. I'm betting we see movement today or tomorrow. All of the phones I have ordered had shipped from Louisville the day before it was delivered. You should see a UPS tracking number followed by a credit card charge.
I'm right there with you. My order went through a bit before midnight on 9/8 and shows the same shipping range. No CC charge yet!

KST87

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2015
I'm still debating if I want to preorder the 7+. I did preorder a 42mm Rose Gold Series 2 to be delivered on Friday.
Hey Stacey I bit the bullet I ordered lol now I'm thinking if I should also get the series 2. I try to spoil myself around this time seeing that my bday is next month and after that it's all about the kids Christmas.

Reactions: muadibe

StaceyMJ86

macrumors demi-goddess
Sep 22, 2015
Washington, DC
Hey Stacey I bit the bullet I ordered lol now I'm thinking if I should also get the series 2. I try to spoil myself around this time seeing that my bday is next month and after that it's all about the kids Christmas.
Hey Kaleshia. I'm going to wait until people have given there reviews of the phone first.

Reactions: KST87

TeeWrecks

macrumors regular
Oct 1, 2015
Bronx, NY
tried login in just to casually check if my status changed:rolleyes: and tmobiles half of the site that handles user profiles is down

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
I find it very strange that there hasn't been movement on a single black or jet black 7 Plus, when other carriers and apple have started charging CC's and pushing out shipping information. Either Tmobile dropped the ball big time, or Apple for some strange reason gave them very few black and jet black devices in the larger size compared to other carriers.

Reactions: Margit72

SWAT

macrumors member
Feb 25, 2007
Ordered my Jet black 256gb at 11:58PM PST on 8th. Just got a new tracking number on UPS my choice.
There is still hope

kenshy1983

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2015
No movement at all for me either iPhone 7plus black 256gb ordered 9/9 9:00 a.m. estimated 9/19-9/26

Last edited:
Reactions: Margit72

p1ally

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Alright I'll bite, 7 plus 128gb matte black, est 9/27, but *supposed* to be expedited for launch day by the executive response team. No charge, no movement, no UPS my choice, nothing.....

Reactions: KST87 and Margit72

Jazziejazz18

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
Yeah I talked to a manager and they said the same thing, they are only getting 3. He said its because the preorder was so large they had to pull the stores inventory.

Managers can't disclose that type of information. I highly doubt they know. Actually I'm 100% they don't know. I work for T-Mobile

Reactions: KevinMichael017

thisischris

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
Alright I'll bite, 7 plus 128gb matte black, est 9/27, but *supposed* to be expedited for launch day by the executive response team. No charge, no movement, no UPS my choice, nothing.....

Wish I could have gotten that. I still have no updates. Not sure if I should take a chance on Friday and go down to the store to see what they have. I ordered 7 plus matte black 128 GB.

robotphood

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2010
Managers can't disclose that type of information. I highly doubt they know. Actually I'm 100% they don't know. I work for T-Mobile

So would they know anything about the stock at all? Obviously stock will be minimal but there's a difference between having a few and none. One store I contacted also said they would only have a few 7's.

Jazziejazz18

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2016
So would they know anything about the stock at all? Obviously stock will be minimal but there's a difference between having a few and none. One store I contacted also said they would only have a few 7's.

They will NOT know until they receive shipment. And they will definitely not tell anyone how much they have. It's obviously for security reasons. Anyone who discloses that kind of info can get TERMINATED immediately.

p1ally

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2010
Wish I could have gotten that. I still have no updates. Not sure if I should take a chance on Friday and go down to the store to see what they have. I ordered 7 plus matte black 128 GB.

What's your estimated ship date?

thisischris

macrumors member
Sep 14, 2012
What's your estimated ship date?

I tried ordering it right when they began after midnight but after some system problems and entering my card info too many times. I had to wait 24 hours to place the order. The lady called back and we got it done. Got the email afterwards and signed it. Been stuck at 9/27-10/10 since then with no updates or charges.

Reactions: LinkinJunior

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
Despite apple's statements that there really won't be any 7 plus variants in stores at launch, what is interesting is that there dates for delivery for the black 128 GB has never really gone past the early to mid October ship dates. Given that they know a lot more about future deliveries than the carriers, one could find solace in this bit of information if one has a ridiculously long wait time that goes into Nov.

Attachments

• 128GB_TMobile Ship Date.png
    128GB_TMobile Ship Date.png
    113.8 KB · Views: 141
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.