Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jeauxy

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2016
your words have been marked

Beat me to it! haha

On another note, I've got a friend who has 128GB Black 7+ on Verizon being shipped. Got his email about an hour ago and that was through the Apple upgrade. Not sure what that matters towards us with T Mobile orders...I am switching from AT&T for the first time since the release of the original iPhone. I've got a 9/19 delivery date and am hoping it'll be here tomorrow, but I understand at the same time that Monday isn't far away.

I just want to be charged for it already. Something to confirm it's happening other than seeing "Order Placed"

Last edited:
Reactions: blueracer

s54

Suspended
Sep 25, 2012
What's better? Obtaining the black iPhone 7 128GB via Apple Upgrade Program or T-Mobile's JoD?

I'm looking to upgrade to a new phone every year.

Reactions: GoldenChild

Jz724

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2016
King of Prussia
Its unbelievable, how does Apple ship phone to a carrier and have the primary model not even get launched on release date? Did they really not give Tmobile 1 single Iphone+?

Just seems so different than past launches, and that goes with the full understanding that the whole Jump platform is terrible for iphones at launch. I just find it so hard to believe that Apple completely ignored the third biggest US carrier when supplying them with the most popular model.

blueracer

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2010
Sunnyside, New York
Beat me to it! haha

On another note, I've got a friend who has 128GB Black 7+ on Verizon being shipped. Got his email about an hour ago and that was through the Apple upgrade. Not sure what that matters towards us with T Mobile orders...I am switching from AT&T for the first time since the release of the original iPhone. I've got a 9/19 delivery date and am hoping it'll be here tomorrow, but I understand at the same time that Monday isn't far away.

I just want to be charged for it already. Something to confirm it's happening other than seeing "Order Placed"

your says order placed? mine says order processing. is there a difference?

portaltonowhere

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016
Brooklyn NYC
Beat me to it! haha

same. I have a friend who ordered a verizon 32gb black plus through apple and he just got charged...i'm hoping we're next!

Jeauxy

macrumors member
Sep 8, 2016
your says order placed? mine says order processing. is there a difference?

Great question. I've been wondering the same thing. Again, I'm a brand new customer of T Mobiles as of this pre order. I pre ordered on Apples upgrade program for my AT&T line for a 128GB Black 7 and that has shipped, but we've known about these being shipped.

Anyone know if there's a difference between "Order Placed" & "Order Processing"?

Reactions: blueracer

Mr. Peanut

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2016
Think ima just go to my local T-Mobile store bright and early. Hopefully they have at least some. Been hearing they won't and they will.

pukifloyd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Scottsdale
I haven't been charged anything yet :( I ordered 7 Plus (32gb, black) on phone at around 3AM PST on the launch day and was told it'll be shipped after 9/27. Tmobile Rep on Twitter told me that all pre-orders from that night will be delivered on the launch day, even if the system says that it won't be shipped till later. I can only see that they're billing me $58.XX for tax and $20 upgrade fee. I wanted to trade in the iPhone 6 that I paid off a day before the pre-orders began. Yesterday I got a text from them saying that they're ready to process the trade in. I called them and set up the trade, so now I see two orders being processed in My Tmobile. Not sure exactly what's happening but I don't think I'm getting my phone tomorrow. :(

vomhorizon

macrumors 6502a
Sep 24, 2013
so uh...people are saying they've spoken to execs and that tmo hasn't received any Black(32,128,256), Jet Black(128,256) or Silver 256 plus models o_O

Very strange, especially when they've indicated ship dates, as soon as the coming Monday for a whole lot of folks.

GoldenChild

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
Same exact order and dates. Exec team (Oscar) said the website would not update to reflect a launch day delivery but he assured me I would get my 7+ 128GB Black on launch. No CC charges yet. Hopefully they follow through.
I ordered the same exact phone, and they were very vague with me on the Twitter support account. They told me to refer to the "estimated" shipping date. I hope I get it tomorrow! No shipping info, status still shows "Processing", and card hasn't been charged.

Would it be better to go into a store tomorrow morning and see? I keep hearing different stories, that some stores will have inventory and others won't.

GoldenChild

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2014
Hey everyone I've been reading all the forum and finally have something to share!

My iPhone 7+ Matte Black 128GB is being shipped! I ordered on 9/10 at 11AM in store with JOD. UPS label said it'll arrive 3-7PM! Their coming T-Mobile fam!
I ordered mine on 9/9 at midnight and it still says "Processing" with a shipping of 9/27 - 10/10. Same exact phone you got. Did you get a shipping text or email just now?

blueracer

macrumors regular
Dec 30, 2010
Sunnyside, New York
Hey everyone I've been reading all the forum and finally have something to share!

My iPhone 7+ Matte Black 128GB is being shipped! I ordered on 9/10 at 11AM in store with JOD. UPS label said it'll arrive 3-7PM! Their coming T-Mobile fam!

whoa! thats awesome! especially since i ordered same day as you AND like an hour before you. so if what your saying is true, i could be getting an email soon. since i preordered 2 iphone 128gb matte black models!

tommysm

macrumors 6502a
Dec 19, 2013

First post.. hmm.

SJDG

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2014
This was posted in the other thread

Don't know if its true or not

img_3770-png.652443

phantom5251

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2009
Michigan
I put this on the other thread and another user seemed to have a similar experience:

Update from Exec Office...

So the rep from the exec office that originally helped me with my order on 9/9, said that T-Mobile's last shipment for today came in, and there were no black models in it, jet black or matte by the sounds of it. Not sure why they wouldn't get anything in tomorrow since it's still a business day, but perhaps with it being launch day, it would mess up the logistics etc? He apologized several times, and said that they get another shipment in from Apple on Saturday, but the only problem is that they have no idea what will be in it just yet. So he said next best case scenario is that they'll ship out on Monday for Tuesday delivery. But I guess they were trying to wait to see what today's shipment would be first before reaching out to everyone. Otherwise he said it would be a ship out on Thursday for next Friday delivery. They wanted to see what today's delivery would be first, and then I guess Art let them know to start contacting people. He sounded concerned that hopefully Apple didn't short them or something because of all the JoD screwups.

It does sound like Apple is prioritizing there own web site orders first if people are getting charged then with what little stock they've got.

At any rate, take it for what it is, just explaining what was mentioned to me, when he actually called me to give me an update (vs my contacting him). I told him that the online forums have been mentioning that there has been a lack of activity on black models, and this would certainly help confirm that.

Here's hoping for the best though, lol. At least the wife's gold one comes tomorrow, lol.

Reactions: clifgriffin

heartburn

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2008
NorCal
I ordered the same exact phone, and they were very vague with me on the Twitter support account. They told me to refer to the "estimated" shipping date. I hope I get it tomorrow! No shipping info, status still shows "Processing", and card hasn't been charged.

Would it be better to go into a store tomorrow morning and see? I keep hearing different stories, that some stores will have inventory and others won't.
Same exact order and dates. Exec team (Oscar) said the website would not update to reflect a launch day delivery but he assured me I would get my 7+ 128GB Black on launch. No CC charges yet. Hopefully they follow through.
Same exec team person (Oscar) told me the same thing. Black 128gb 7+. The part that annoys me is them throwing out words like "guarantee" when they obviously didn't have the stock on hand, seemingly just to get me to go through with the order. I asked repeatedly because I'm impatient, and if they couldn't guarantee it I'd take my chances at a retail store. I mean Just tell me you'll try to make it happen, but now they look untrustworthy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.