Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

peppolone

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2011
Rome, Italy
It seems that you use OCLP nightly from the main branch.
Sequoia so far has preliminary support only in the sequoia-development branch. Can use the branch selector in github, or just in the link to the nightly build you used change ../main/.. to ../sequoia-development/..
There may be more changes needed depending on your Mac model, see previous posts, esp. https://forums.macrumors.com/thread...unsupported-macs-thread.2428654/post-33352017
Ok, I downloaded it, thanks. The only problem is that my other Mac doesn’t have a USB-C to USB adapter to transfer it to a flash drive, so I sent it via AirDrop and also saved it as a disk on the iPhone… hopefully, I’ll find a way to transfer it tonight 😂

peppolone

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2011
Rome, Italy
Nothing, I installed OCLP Sequoia development, but it gives me an error: graphic patches unavailable for Sequoia.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    705.5 KB · Views: 79

ladeluff

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2024
oh my oh my. 😁after sitting around, mocking about, fuzzing and swearing around all afternoon, i finally managed to run Sequoia Beta on one of my 10 cMP's with OCLP 1.6.0n from Mykola!!

It was really an gritty deduction method process. Had to do 2-3 install tries, off of different USB media, and I had to change SSD/NVMe between takes. I resorted to remove all my PCIe drives. and started all over a 3rd time. Actually an old Apple NVMe m2 taken from a thrashcan 2013 did the trick. 😅 NVMe sitting on a basic PCIe card in the other x16 slot.

BUT, the most odd thing occurred: I didn't have to root patch the system, at ALL!
Instantly all in, with full GPU acceleration. Never happened to me before...🤔

AGAIN: THANK you very much good sir Mykola and the contributors)!!

Spec: Mac Pro 5.1 2012, 48GB RAM, MSi Armor RX 580 8 GB, and full load on the PCIe lanes. USB 3.1 card etc

Last edited:

RogueB

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
iMac 13,2 (late 2012) and Sequoia developer beta (up to Beta 8)

Edit: Found solution for problem described below - downloaded and compiled newest Sequoia - development OCLP, and manually replaced EFI contents on Volume running sequoia, and the SSD (attached to HDD), which is part of the original fusion drive. Running Sequoia beta 8 - unpatched, but very usable

Hello to all,

I was able to install OTA every version of Sequoia, including Beta 8, on the iMac 13,2's internal drive volume. There were no patches to apply, but as others have noted, system was very usable on many machines.

However, after installing Sequoia Beta 8, which was functional, I updated to the newest (at the time of beat 8 release) nightly OCLP. On reboot with new OCLP installation the Sequoia Beta 8 volume no longer booted; in fact it entered boot loop.

Reinstalling Sequoia from another volume, or a USB stick, resulted in same boot loop. I erased affected volume(s), but neither fresh install using external USB drives with full installer, nor an OTA installation over ("fresh") Sonoma 14.7, resulted in working system. In contrast, Sonoma installed without any issues on volumes previously populated by Sequoia betas. Deleting OC from mounted EFI partitions, and reapplying OCLP, also did not change the outcomes.
Using recovery partition resulted in "incompatible" message.

In all cases of attempted Sequoia re-installations, process would continue until first reboot; once OCLP picker appeared on the screen, only a generic "install OS" icon was present, rather than one with Sequoia colors. Selecting that "generic" icon to boot invariably resulted in boot loop. Resetting NVRAM had no positive effect. No matter which permutation of installation steps I used (many) Sequoia seems no longer "installable" on my iMac 13,2.

I did invoke Verbose Boot on one attempt, and prominent among messages were the following:

1. "EFI ROM does not support large BaseSystems". (search on the internet did not bring viable information)

2. "NVRAM anomaly occurred" (paraphrasing visible part of the message)

Given that Sonoma can be installed on any volume / drive without issues, "mechanical /electronic fault" can be excluded(?). It is then possible, that some combination of changes in the latest (?) OCLP, OS Sequoia beta8, or both, "prompted" iMac 13,2 to develop "allergy" to Sequoia.

I am aware of the risks of using beta software, whether OCLP or Mac OS; this post is about reporting an issue and in no way intended to point in any direction - Id faciam periculo meo.

Thank you to developers for their incredible work.

Last edited:

amaze1499

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2014
Nothing, I installed OCLP Sequoia development, but it gives me an error: graphic patches unavailable for Sequoia.
Out of curiosity: can you reproduce the same issue with the official app? I had exactly the same error in Ventura. That one was related to the installation/update process not being properly applied.

jshayya0184

macrumors member
Jun 8, 2022
Just installed macOS 15 developer beta 8 on a MacBookAir7,2 (2017), using latest build from Sequoia development branch. Everything working well so far.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-02 at 5.09.13 PM copy.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-02 at 5.09.13 PM copy.png
    965.8 KB · Views: 52

TOM1211

macrumors 6502
Apr 15, 2012
Mid MacBook Pro 2014 using latest nightly (that requires no modding or edits with Python) straight forward update to Sequoia and root patching amazing work by Devs on it issues me is green screen on videos e.g YouTube , Apple TV sound good no picture just green anyone else ? (Can watch YouTube in another browser ) still amazing work Apple Watch working fine with it too.

Last edited:

OKonnel

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2009
Italy
Ultra super good news!!!

Extended support added for Metal 3802 based Graphics Cards!​

Urrà! Yahoo!!! Enjoy!
:):):):):):):):):):)
The OCLP Developers Team:
Nobel Prize now!

EDIT 2024-09-03 12:58 +2
Warning!!! The purpose of my post is solely to express happiness in anticipation of future success and to express gratitude to the OCLP Developers for their efforts and labors.
In fact, from my point of view, only those who are really capable and have valid reasons for doing so should test Beta Versions.

Has been pointed out to me that it is only fair to allow anyone to feel free to do what they want. I accept this point of view, but I still think that many attempts that cause problems end up, then, clogging up the Forum with arguments and discussions that are of no use to anyone. Also because Beta versions change all the time and problems and solutions overlap, creating confusion.
However, I respect the opinion of those who think differently than I do

Last edited:

RogueB

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
link for oclp nightly lease

Per developers: "Do not distribute direct links to the nightly builds, instead please link back to this pull request. As stated on SOURCE.md, these builds should be used very carefully". Hence, see bottom portion of post #488

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: ZebraDude

RogueB

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
iMac 3,2 Sequoia beta8 and latest Sequoia development OCLP.

Achieved full graphic acceleration with latest(?) commit. Did have problems with Sequoia beta8 installation on an internal fusion HDD drive, where Catalina is also resident on separate volume (Catalina is the last native OS for the 13,2). However, conglomeration of data from posts by bosephus1, hvds, Sven G , jackobnicked2787 (last is reddit poster) among others, allowed full installation of OCLP (with all dependencies), and finally, a successful post-install OCLP patching routine. I removed DortaniaInternalResources.dmg from OCLP.app to allow error free installation on the internal Fusion HDD.

Just for the sake of comparison, I installed Sequoia beta 8 on an external SSD, which only hosted Sonoma.
The installation process of Sequoia and OCLP post-install patching did not require any corrective steps.

Incredible work by developers and testers.

iMac 13,2 late 2012.png

Last edited:

ronton3

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2021
From Sonoma to Sequioa. From one of the guys warned not to do this.

Imac 27 13.2/3802. After clicking one of the links referenced through #487 I believe it actually downloaded the latest 1.6n. After a couple of false starts when I went into recovery I was surprised to find that it offered to restore---Sequioa---. A big surprise. I clicked on that and when it finally finished OCLP asked to patch. I noticed a new very brief reference to ---downloading installing-metal lib- then the regular patching began. After reboot the background briefly reflected the forest I drove through once about 35 years ago the the previous background appeared. and every thing is working smoothly. I have noticed a new icon saying (iPhone Mirroring).

As I have said many times, thanks to the Devs for another pleasant experience.

Reactions: olad and RogueB

Sven G

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2012
Milan, EU
Of course, with the latest OCLP for Sequoia developer nightly binary, it is not necessary anymore to create the ~/.dortania_developer file for 3802-based machines; if you have already created it, it can be deleted from the Terminal with: rm ~/.dortania_developer; and neither is it necessary anymore to delete the /Library/Application\ Support/Dortania/OpenCore-Patcher.app/Contents/Resources/DortaniaInternalResources.dmg file. Just the usual patching…

Last edited:
Reactions: olad and ronton3

Sven G

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2012
Milan, EU
The only glitch with the latest OCLP Sequoia builds, at least on my machine, is that once having done the root patching and rebooted, OpenCore-Patcher doesn’t say that all applicabile patches are already installed, but proposes to install them again: a very minor annoyance…

Edit: Fixed with the latest nightly.

Last edited:

hvds

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2017
Switzerland

@hvds What is your next trick for detect.py after the change 😆

because it working good before
Yes, worked, but has been superseded by the better (less invasive) method of creation/removal of the two files.
Anyway all that is temporary for the pleasure of testing before devs release their work.
Can‘t test new OCLP versions for a while now, no Mac in my mountain backpack.
Confident that all will be in excellent shape once released. These developers are just so good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.