Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

macsoundsolutions

macrumors regular
Jan 12, 2010
Switch the internal macOS firewall off if still on is the only workaround for the moment ;-( this also works on the supportet M2 mentioned before like a charm - so looking forward to the Apple bugfix - and thanx to lancemcv1.
Does not work for me and I did not have the firewall on, tried to turn it on and off, I also tried turning off my routers firewall but interent still stopped working for me with the 6,1, after digging a bit more it seems Apple an update that should replace the old network software but has not, they need to fix this asap. https://support.eset.com/en/kb7654-...ng-eset-protect-or-eset-protect-cloud?ref=esf

PropClear

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2023
Gerrmany
Does not work for me and I did not have the firewall on, tried to turn it on and off, I also tried turning off my routers firewall but interent still stopped working for me with the 6,1, after digging a bit more it seems Apple an update that should replace the old network software but has not, they need to fix this asap. https://support.eset.com/en/kb7654-...ng-eset-protect-or-eset-protect-cloud?ref=esf
Ah ok fck, ok For sure an Apple bug in both cases fingers crossed for a soon 15.0.1 - you Can may give 15.1.0 Beta 4 a try from an external drive…

Reactions: macsoundsolutions

nekton1

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2010
Asia
In the scenario that I do get this work, what are the next steps? Is there a verified method for restoring wifi functionality, so long as the user has got a wired connection (or, perhaps, a Internet Sharing workaround) in place? Obviously I've not been following this thread so closely. I appreciate your kind advising very, very much!
If you have an iPhone would Personal Hotspot using USB cable from Mac to iPhone get you an Internet connection? Not tried it myself because I use a USB to LAN adapter when this Catch-22 bites.

nekton1

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2010
Asia
FYI, another thing I noticed with my MacBookPro13,3 besides the iMessage issue is that unlocking via Apple Watch is no longer working for me and can't be turned on.
I still have the iMessages issue stefanwa after trying a clean reinstall so it's a matter of waiting for an OCLP dev response. No Apple Watch so that's not a problem. I have seen one other glitch — sometimes no Dock is displayed at a restart—switching Dock magnification on and off in System Settings usually brings it back.

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
Since this question would apply to any current macOS version, I'll put it here: Is it possible to dual boot from a fusion drive? That's the main reason I've done my dual booting from external drives because I want to keep the Fusion drive in tact for capacity and speed, and I wasn't sure if it's possible to create multiple partitions, or volumes without breaking the Fusion drive. If someone has done this, or know a safe way of doing it, please let me know. Thanks.

Reactions: Marfan-58

langsam

macrumors newbie
Sep 12, 2023
2010 Mac mini usb install with 2.0.1, amazing this works for non-metal Macs on day 1 of public release :)
Screenshot.jpg

oraculo666

macrumors newbie
Dec 7, 2017
Brazil
So far the only problem I've seen was inside Photos, after importing a RAW photo from my camera, the app processes the RAW picture and shows a blank black photo.

JPG imports work fine since it doesn't go through RAW processing.

Last edited:

ZebraDude

macrumors 65816
Sep 7, 2014
Naperville, IL
I'm running a mid 2010 iMac 11,2 and I am running 2.0.0 and have upgraded to MacOS 15 and I have legacy graphics and I did read the patcher notes and understand that Photos is a issue but I have found that my screenshot app does not display the borders when I use it makes for some fun when clipping. :)

luckyduke23

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2023
Also: Is it possible that I can just wait for a future version of OCLP -- one that doesn't require Internet access for root patching?
With the latst OCLP already being installed and before upgrading to MacOS 15 Sequoia please download the metal library (and KDKs if applicable). If these are physically available on your system OCLP will use them for the patching even if there is no wifi or ethernet connection available by then.

Reactions: rehkram

thegdn

macrumors member
Jun 20, 2021
and another one Devs!
sweet job!
did not think 15.1 would install here.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 17.52.26.png
    Screenshot 2024-09-17 at 17.52.26.png
    104.8 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:

nekton1

macrumors 65816
Apr 15, 2010
Asia
I still have the iMessages issue stefanwa after trying a clean reinstall so it's a matter of waiting for an OCLP dev response. No Apple Watch so that's not a problem. I have seen one other glitch — sometimes no Dock is displayed at a restart—switching Dock magnification on and off in System Settings usually brings it back.
If a dev looks at this issue, try going to System Settings - iCloud - Messages and toggling on or off. On the 13,3 MBP, it beachballs and eventually returns an error. If you force quit while beachballing, the popup will show a red message notifying that iCloud is not responding.

mikelets456

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
Quick question…I updated my spare iMac 2012 today with OCLP 2.1.0 and all is good with the exception when the computer is idle and goes to the lock screen it’s bright white only. No picture that has been set in settings…any idea how to remedy?

mikezang

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2010
Tokyo, Japan
I installed Sonoma 14.6.1 by OTA and OCLP 1.5.0. I upgraded to OCLP 2.0.1, do I have to do "Build and Install OpenCore" and "Post-Install Root Patch" again for my Sonoma SSD before "Create macOS Installer" of Sequoia 15.0 to a new SSD?

coolio2004

macrumors 6502
Aug 2, 2011
Now all my unsupported devices are on Sequioa: MBA7,2, MM7,1, iMac14,1, MBP 5,1, iMac11,2.For the first time no safe booting was necessary on all devices to get 100% full installer. Thanx to the developers for their great work.

Enricote

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Sequoia 15.0 working well in my MacBook Pro 2017 15´ ( 14,3 ) via OCLP 2.0.1 Smooth and fast upgrading from Sonoma, including patching auto update. I don't see any issue

I used my iPhone hotspot via USBc cable to be online until WiFi worked after patching

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.