Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

PropClear

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2023
Gerrmany
Does not work for me and I did not have the firewall on, tried to turn it on and off, I also tried turning off my routers firewall but interent still stopped working for me with the 6,1, after digging a bit more it seems Apple an update that should replace the old network software but has not, they need to fix this asap. https://support.eset.com/en/kb7654-...ng-eset-protect-or-eset-protect-cloud?ref=esf
May also see https://www.obdev.at/de/blog/ i think apple will also fix it soon! Fingers crossed

Reactions: macpro_mid2014

mwidjaya

macrumors 6502
Feb 25, 2004
Australia
Clean install of Sequoia is done. Let's see how we go in the next few days.

15 on 91.png

Reactions: thegdn

webg3

macrumors 6502a
Jul 19, 2018
Since this question would apply to any current macOS version, I'll put it here: Is it possible to dual boot from a fusion drive? That's the main reason I've done my dual booting from external drives because I want to keep the Fusion drive in tact for capacity and speed, and I wasn't sure if it's possible to create multiple partitions, or volumes without breaking the Fusion drive. If someone has done this, or know a safe way of doing it, please let me know. Thanks.
Dualboot working with FusionDrive only APFS Container macOS. Not possible to create multiple partitions.

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
😮 indeed no 4K YT option anymore on my Mac 27" late 2013 either...
That was the main reason i quit depending on Safari as my main browser years ago (even under a supported OS) because I ran into various compatibility issues vs third party browsers. Also because safari isn't cross platform and I have gotten to the point where I like to use a program that's the same regardless of the computer / OS used.

Reactions: luckyduke23

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
Dualboot working with FusionDrive only APFS Container macOS.
How do, I do it though? I did some research while waiting for an answer here, and it suggests that it's not recommended to add multiple partitions to a fusion drive, and if you do it's like boot camp and it's only on the HDD, so it won't cary over to the SSD.

ladeluff

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2024
Had to revert to OCLP 1.5.0. for network/wifi on my cMP 5.1 running Sequoia 15.0 w OCLP 2.0.1

ladeluff

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2024
Maybe i should explore Sequoia official and OCLP 2.0.1 on on one of my Macbook Pro's?
Maybe the stable 2015?...

ladeluff

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2024
iMac 3,2 Sequoia beta8 and latest Sequoia development OCLP.

Achieved full graphic acceleration with latest(?) commit. Did have problems with Sequoia beta8 installation on an internal fusion HDD drive, where Catalina is also resident on separate volume (Catalina is the last native OS for the 13,2). However, conglomeration of data from posts by bosephus1, hvds, Sven G , jackobnicked2787 (last is reddit poster) among others, allowed full installation of OCLP (with all dependencies), and finally, a successful post-install OCLP patching routine. I removed DortaniaInternalResources.dmg from OCLP.app to allow error free installation on the internal Fusion HDD.

Just for the sake of comparison, I installed Sequoia beta 8 on an external SSD, which only hosted Sonoma.
The installation process of Sequoia and OCLP post-install patching did not require any corrective steps.

Incredible work by developers and testers.

View attachment 2412101
a bit off-topic, but, This is the exact model i have (A steal purchase second-hand)
BUT i have no fusion drive, but TWO unique SSD. (120GB + 1 TB Samsung EVO 850 )
Thoughts on this? I haven't seen this configuration anywhere though ( everymac.com etc...
My iMac 13,2 ( late 2012) REFUSES to boot the Sequoia installer drive (a USB OWL Nvme m2) It even doesn't detect the drive or USB flashdrives, which is odd, given that i run native Catalina and APFS on both Internal SSD drives. Also tried sonoma external SSD. smooth as helI :D Same goes with ZorinOS 17.1 :D

Last edited:

luckyduke23

macrumors regular
Mar 28, 2023
That was the main reason i quit depending on Safari as my main browser years ago (even under a supported OS) because I ran into various compatibility issues vs third party browsers. Also because safari isn't cross platform and I have gotten to the point where I like to use a program that's the same regardless of the computer / OS used.
It's indeed a Safari issue. I have just checked that this limitation occurs only in Safari. With the Google Chrome browser, I am offered higher resolution settings...

antoniomac

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2021
Napoli - ITALY -
I am having problems with my iMac 11,3 with Quadro K2100M. Currently I have osx 12.7.6 and OCP 2.0.1
I created the USB drive but it does not find EFI on startup
Any advice?
Thank you so much for your time

algernonpule

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2021
Bristol, UK
Since this question would apply to any current macOS version, I'll put it here: Is it possible to dual boot from a fusion drive? That's the main reason I've done my dual booting from external drives because I want to keep the Fusion drive in tact for capacity and speed, and I wasn't sure if it's possible to create multiple partitions, or volumes without breaking the Fusion drive. If someone has done this, or know a safe way of doing it, please let me know. Thanks.
My iMac boots from Sonoma, Catalina (natively), Big Sur and Monterey without any problem, the Fusion Drive doesn't present any issues. OCLP is installed on the SSD drive. Created new volumes rather than partitions.

mikelets456

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
Now all my unsupported devices are on Sequioa: MBA7,2, MM7,1, iMac14,1, MBP 5,1, iMac11,2.For the first time no safe booting was necessary on all devices to get 100% full installer. Thanx to the developers for their great work.
Does Apple Maps load on those models? Everything worse fine on mine, maps loads but the map portion is a blank screen.

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
My iMac boots from Sonoma, Catalina (natively), Big Sur and Monterey without any problem, the Fusion Drive doesn't present any issues. OCLP is installed on the SSD drive.
Well, here is what I am faced with now. Monterey is the last officially supported version for this iMac 17,1. Because I happen to do more graphics related tasks here than the majority of users here appear to do, I need Monterey or Linux for things to work correctly. Beyond that, I am thinking about creating an APFS volume for open core, to install something newer to use for non graphics related stuff, that might not care about the patched OS. Graphics tasks affected by OCLP here would include 3D acceleration in VMs for testing without having to reboot. The DRM related stuff isn't as big of an issue to me, because I have ripped copies of my media I can use instead of the TV app and depending on the apple version. I do have external drives I also use for dual booting, but because I don't have any external SSDs, they're slower mechanical drives.

With that said, is Sequoia stable enough at this point to just use that as the secondary OS? Like I said I have a metal supported mac (late 2015, 27" iMac) and most of the issues i read about are related to the older non metal macs.

LutzRFrank

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2011
Germany/Switzerland/France
With that said, is Sequoia stable enough at this point to just use that as the secondary OS? Like I said I have a metal supported mac (late 2015, 27" iMac) and most of the issues i read about are related to the older non metal macs.
In my eyes, absolutely ... and if metal enabled it will be definitely snappier than the old Montery

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
In my eyes, absolutely ... and if metal enabled it will be definitely snappier than the old Montery
Well, Monterey isn't slow, Things are just being dropped from support in larger numbers now. I might do a container for Mojave too, for 32-bit support so have 3 systems. Monterey, Mojave, and whatever is current with Open core.

Reactions: LutzRFrank

LutzRFrank

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2011
Germany/Switzerland/France
nearly fainted today.

Wanted to play Braveheart and update my OCLP 10,2 MacBookPro OTA to 15.1 ... it loaded the update and then during preparing the bar didn't move. I thought only the bar but then I saw the clock was frozen too :oops:

Tried to restart press&hold the Power button ... but screen only turned black and it did nothing for a few long minutes, regardless how or how long I pressed the power button. Only after removing LAN- and power cables - ok it did not react anymore too, but - after another 5 minutes the boot screen appeared out of nowhere - I just left it alone on the desk.

Worked as normal. since then...

Reactions: olad and jotzet

roysterdoyster

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2017
OTA update macOS 14.6 -> 14.7 -> 15.0 via OCLP 2.1.0n successful for MBP4,1 17-inch Early 2008.
Kudos to the developers, for their ingenious software engineering of OCLP.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2024-09-18 um 16.11.03.jpg
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-09-18 um 16.11.03.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 25
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.