Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

ladeluff

macrumors newbie
Aug 30, 2024
I am having problems with my iMac 11,3 with Quadro K2100M. Currently I have osx 12.7.6 and OCP 2.0.1
I created the USB drive but it does not find EFI on startup
Any advice?
Thank you so much for your time
Same issue here. iMac 12,3 can’t find usb efi installer

mikelets456

macrumors 6502a
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
Problem solved with my iMac 21” 2012… I could not load maps and my computer was sluggish and froze randomly. I rebooted several times and opened OCLP and reinstalled a few times. However, I got desperate and was ready to start over when I clicked on “root patch” one last time and it downloaded another library file…everything has been normal and fairly quick since then. I have no idea why this wasn’t downloaded before as I always had a WiFi connection. Anyway all is good..

Kazenofab68

macrumors newbie
Jun 11, 2018
Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 23.15.10.png
Thank you,
I dont know how you have done it but, thank you !!!

Reactions: MacRumors3590

Veeck

macrumors newbie
Sep 18, 2024
Is anyone having issue with FindMy app?
"Items and shared people no location found"
MacBook Pro 12,1 OCLP 2.0.1
With Sonoma was all good.

Reactions: MacRumors3590

antoniomac

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2021
Napoli - ITALY -
OK, just read up on Apple support regarding adding / removing APFS volumes. looks like I can use that as a way to manage multiple versions of macOS internally without needing an external drive.
Success, iMac 11,3 2010 OTA update 12.7.6 to 15.0 OCLP 2.1 GPU NVIDIA Quadro K2100M
The system got slower but i need the colored notes
Wi-Fi wifi doesn't work

Last edited:

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
Well I created my APFS Volumes. Installed Mojave on one I named macOS Legacy, created one called macOS Current for OCLP, and the main Macintosh HD, is for the Monterey install.

Ready-for-Apple

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
Germany
Need your help/ideas:
Whenever I have two macOS versions installed on my unsupported MacBook Pro with OCLP, I always have the problem that iCloud displays a issue when I switch from one system to the other and I have to log in to iCloud again each time.
This happens every time I switch from one macOS version to another. I've had this problem at least since macOS Sonoma.

I currently have macOS 14.7 installed on the internal SSD and macOS 15.0 installed on the external SSD (Samsung T7) the day before yesterday.

👉🏻 Do others have this problem who use a different macOS on the internal hard disk than on an external hard disk (or an internal partition) - e.g. macOS Sonoma internally and macOS Sequoia externally?
Is there a solution to this?

macpro_mid2014

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2019
Toronto, Canada
Need your help/ideas:
Whenever I have two macOS versions installed on my unsupported MacBook Pro with OCLP, I always have the problem that iCloud displays a issue when I switch from one system to the other and I have to log in to iCloud again each time.
This happens every time I switch from one macOS version to another. I've had this problem at least since macOS Sonoma.

I currently have macOS 14.7 installed on the internal SSD and macOS 15.0 installed on the external SSD (Samsung T7) the day before yesterday.

👉🏻 Do others have this problem who use a different macOS on the internal hard disk than on an external hard disk (or an internal partition) - e.g. macOS Sonoma internally and macOS Sequoia externally?
Is there a solution to this?
I did have that problem since I was in Big Sur and testing Monterey. It started to bother me, then I decided to create a second Apple ID so I can go from one system to another without having to login to iCloud again.
I keep my main system with my main Apple ID always and for testing, I use the secondary one.

Reactions: Marfan-58 and paalb

rmadsen3

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2022
If you have an iPhone would Personal Hotspot using USB cable from Mac to iPhone get you an Internet connection? Not tried it myself because I use a USB to LAN adapter when this Catch-22 bites.
I found my old USB-to-Ethernet accessory and I tried to do post-install patching via wired connection but, still, it didn't work. The OCLP 'live log' screen says something about being unhable to resolve the host `dortania.github.io'. And that's despite the fact that I can load URLs just fine in Safari.

This all is tremendously frustrating!

Is this something that I can just wait out? For instance: Is it reasonable to think that a future version of OpenCore will include all the right post-install items -- so that the root patching won't require network connection?

I appreciate you kind readers' time and attention and advice! Thank you!

rmadsen3

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2022
Would a kind reader here please give very easy to follow 😂 instructions for manually procuring / inserting / replacing Metalib items? My Sonoma set-up was working perfectly and then when I did Sequoia update (via Software Update) I lost wifi. I can't get the post-install phase to download the proper Metalib stuff, not even with a wired connection. I'd really appreciate instructions for doing--manually--whatever it is that I need to do in order to restore wifi functionality? Thank you!

macpro_mid2014

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2019
Toronto, Canada
I found my old USB-to-Ethernet accessory and I tried to do post-install patching via wired connection but, still, it didn't work. The OCLP 'live log' screen says something about being unhable to resolve the host `dortania.github.io'. And that's despite the fact that I can load URLs just fine in Safari.

This all is tremendously frustrating!

Is this something that I can just wait out? For instance: Is it reasonable to think that a future version of OpenCore will include all the right post-install items -- so that the root patching won't require network connection?

I appreciate you kind readers' time and attention and advice! Thank you!
You are probably being able to load sites in Safari because it already have those IP addresses on the local DNS cache.
You will have to add your DNS server manually by going to System Settings -> Network and select you Ethernet connection. Then on the upper part (in front of the interface's name) click Details... and then choose DNS from the pop up window. Edit DNS to include 8.8.8.8 (google).
You are done and with Internet name resolution recovered.
I hope that helps...

• Love
Reactions: rmadsen3

rmadsen3

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2022
You are probably being able to load sites in Safari because it already have those IP addresses on the local DNS cache.
You will have to add your DNS server manually by going to System Settings -> Network and select you Ethernet connection. Then on the upper part (in front of the interface's name) click Details... and then choose DNS from the pop up window. Edit DNS to include 8.8.8.8 (google).
I hope that helps...
Is it necessary for me to revert patches before doing the steps that you specify? I remember seeing, in the OpenCore 'live log' output, lines that say things like 'Metalib already installed -- skipping the download' ??

Thank you. Very much!

rmadsen3

macrumors regular
Aug 9, 2022
I hope that helps...
For whatever it's worth: After seeing the 'cannot resolve host dortania.github.io' output I tried to load the page in Safari and it did indeed work? 🤷‍♂️

gatd

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2008
IMG_6197.jpeg
Can someone please help me
I can’t boot into safe mode but not normally
Mac Pro 5.1
In verbose it get to the end and then gets stuck at
I have updated from sonoma

Ready-for-Apple

macrumors regular
Oct 19, 2014
Germany
I did have that problem since I was in Big Sur and testing Monterey. It started to bother me, then I decided to create a second Apple ID so I can go from one system to another without having to login to iCloud again.
I keep my main system with my main Apple ID always and for testing, I use the secondary one.
Okay, so this is a general problem if you use the same Apple ID in both systems on the same computer?😳

There must be a solution for this while keeping the same Apple ID.🤔
Any ideas?

Using a different Apple ID on the second macOS is out of the question for me, as I want to have a 1:1 image on both systems so that I can really test everything accurately.

Reactions: macpro_mid2014

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
Well, I have my triple boot setup using APFS Volumes. Now I can boot Monterey, Mojave, and Sequoia all from the internal Fusion drive. The only issue I had was with Open core booting the natively supported Monterey, and messing up SIP and other parameters that should be set differently in a native install over patched. For the time being, I removed open core from the SSD and moved it to the HDD, so it doesn't boot by default, even after a PRAM reset. Monterey, and Mojave don't need it, only Sequoia. Either way, system seems happy now according to SilentKnight.

As far as the same Apple ID issue mentioned above, I gave up on trying to solve it and just don't use iCloud with a secondary install of macOS on the same mac. I never could find a fix other than creating multiple Apple IDs (which I never did.)

MacRumors3590

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2021
Is anyone having issue with FindMy app?
"Items and shared people no location found"
MacBook Pro 12,1 OCLP 2.0.1
With Sonoma was all good.
I'm having the same issue on my clone machine.. it's a clone of my main 5,1 Machine.
On my main Machine the FindMy works great, It's just my clone machine.
Both are identical 5,1's.
Cheers

Reactions: Veeck

David403

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2017
USA
I have successfully installed Sequoia on my macPro 5,1 as in the specification below using OCLP 2.0.1

Screenshot 2024-09-18 at 1.25.06 PM.png

I'd like to be able to remove the dynamic desktop files. I can locate them at /System/Library/Desktop Pictures/wallpapers. They are system-protected and I have not been able to delete them.

I'm sure there are several people more knowledgeable than me out there. Some help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.