Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

OKonnel

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2009
Italy
@OKonnel I'm not going to pretend that I fully understand your post, but I'll offer some insight into FeatureUnlock. Some behavior of AirPlay is influenced by the FeatureUnlock.kext installed by OCLP in the Open Core EFI. Read more about FeatureUnlock.kext here. Starting with OCLP 2.1.0, it appears that FeatureUnlock will be Disabled by default.
A million thanks, @deeveedee ! I just installed OCLP 2.1.0 Nightly, enabled "FeatureUnlock" and everything is working perfectly again in my Mac, as it did with Sonoma and previous Systems! I love you and Ilove @neon! 😍
My iMac, at any rate, perhaps because of its hardware or powerful i7 CPU or GTX780M video card with 4GB VRAM, is among the most stable unsupported Macs with OCLP, even more than some recent Macs.
I have also turned off the blocking of "medianalysissd service" to test whether this will give me problems or not; especially since I do not use iCloud photos.

I thank you again, I thank @neon that answered me on Discord and thank the Developers!

[Note: It remains a mystery to me why, with FeatureUnlock disable, AirPlay worked with some videos and with others it did not :)].

Last edited:

Steve Gosselin

macrumors newbie
Sep 24, 2017
Quebec
Starting with OCLP 2.1.0, it appears that FeatureUnlock will be Disabled by default.
Personally, I think it's a step backwards to disable it by default.

It's going to be necessary to reactivate it for users where there are no stability problems with these two options: FeatureUnlock and mediaanalysisd (on Metal 3802-based GPUs).
The OCLP team should offer two builds on GitHub; one with the options enabled and the other build with both options disabled.

Just to avoid having to go and play in the Settings section... 😅

• Love
Reactions: OKonnel

OKonnel

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2009
Italy
Does it only happen to me, or is it a problem related to usnsupported Macs with OCLP or is it a Sequoia Bug instead? I have searched the Internet, but no one is talking about it.
So, I just found out that in the “Adjust color...” pane functions of the Tools menu of Preview.app, the “Auto Levels” graphics function does not work properly.
If you press the “Auto Levels” button, in fact, the open image becomes all gray, and the same thing happens if you move either of the two sliders at the ends. Only the middle slider behaves well, but the color response is still imperfect.

Thank you for your feedback and maybe for the possible solution.

MacRumors3590

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2021
Do you have the original WiFi card. I really don't want to try it quite yet until someone can install and have the original WiFi card working. THANKS

Also on the responsiveness. Do you notice a difference from Sonoma?
Yes, I have the original WiFi card.
The 5,1 runs great!.
Cheers

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.