Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

deeveedee

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2019
Peoria, IL United States
Devs are making progress!
Screenshot 2024-06-25 at 10.04.54 PM.png

Sven G

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2012
Milan, EU
Last edited:

K two

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2018
North America

hvds

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2017
Switzerland
Devs are making progress!
Indeed. MBP11,1: installed 15.0b2 over b1 from full installer (downloaded via Mr Macintosh), using OCLP sequoia-developement branch from source for EFI.
Security settings as in post #177 needed for running the installer and the installed system.
No (partial) root patching attempted so far.

Amazing at this early stage of Sequoia. Developers have constructed a patcher system with a lot of foresight. Thanks!

EDIT: with the latest sequoia-dev version (using new AMFIPass and Lilu) mentioned settings are no longer necessary.

Last edited:

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
I'll really be interested now, to see how things turn out. After doing some research on what I want to do with his iMac, and then setting up a dual boot between macOS and Linux, after finding out I could do what i wanted in Linux with gaming, and backward compatibility, from there I was able to to find the same open source tools for macOS and then I was able to change my macOS usage habits correcting the issues I was having with Open core and the software I was using before. So I'm giving the new setup a test with Sonoma / open core 1.5.0. So far, the only remaining issues I have, which are minor, are Sonoma specific (not open core) as in when I looked up the issues they happen on supported machines as well. With that said though, it sounds like Sequoia is going to be promising.

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
One of the features of Sequoia I would use, would be Apple Pay in third party browsers. I am curious, and it may be too early to really know yet, but would this be something that would work on an intel mac, or are they going to to make it M series only for the bio-metrics support?

idenis42

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2020
I installed the Mac OS X 15.0 system on the iMac 27 mid 2011 computer successfully via OCLP 1.6.0.
The Wi-Fi module does not work. A patch is needed.
The Bluetooth module works immediately. The mouse is fully functional.
The WX7100 MXM graphics card is partially operational. The brightness control is working. The accelerator is not working. A patch is needed.
The sound immediately works fully.

14vl008

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2023
France
Mac OS X 15.0 on the iMac 27 mid 2017 computer successfully via OCLP 1.6.0.
The Wi-Fi module does not work.
The Bluetooth module works immediately. Keyboard trackpad OK.

Thanks and great job from this OCLP team !

Oxygen-X1

macrumors newbie
Feb 15, 2024
What is the status of the new OCLP 1.6?
Is the nVidia GeForce GTX 780M from a late 2013 iMac already supported?

Reactions: jotzet

Larsvonhier

macrumors 68000
Aug 21, 2016
Germany, Black Forest
Running macOS Sequoia b2 on a fully supported intel MacMini 8,1 without the Apple Silicon features is equivalent to a Sonoma Mac and likely what we can expect from OCLP at best. Not a command but a real-time observation. 🤷‍♂️
Well, besides getting longer (OS) support for app-updates and security fixes for another couple of years, this is what we can expect feature-wise if OCLP does miracles again:

https://www.macrumors.com/2024/07/02/macos-sequoia-features-intel-macs-wont-support/

Quote:
"Users with supported Intel Macs will be able to enjoy things like the ability to schedule messages to send later, Reminder integration with Calendars, a new standalone Passwords app, window tiling, and more."

Reactions: K two and hvds

hvds

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2017
Switzerland
Indeed. MBP11,1: installed 15.0b2 over b1 from full installer (downloaded via Mr Macintosh), using OCLP sequoia-developement branch from source for EFI.
Security settings as in post #177 needed for running the installer and the installed system.
No (partial) root patching attempted so far.

Amazing at this early stage of Sequoia. Developers have constructed a patcher system with a lot of foresight. Thanks!

EDIT: with the latest sequoia-dev version (using new AMFIPass and Lilu) mentioned settings are no longer necessary.
MBP11,1, 15.0b2 on external SSD, OCLP 1.6.0n sequoia-development branch:
An attempt on root patching gave minimal results (wifi working) but worked formally; can boot in safe mode.

Many problems which weren't there before my amateur patching, not surprisingly.
The developers' recommendation NOT to install Sequoia holds.

The formal working required a change to the code and some changes to the data. If anything, the attempt showed again that OCLP is so well made that even a naive person can understand enough of it from source.

Last edited:
Reactions: RogueB and rehkram

Dimvol

macrumors member
Jul 12, 2022
Good job. Congratulations!
A1707 2017.
T1 and Wi-Fi work.
The HD630 does not work correctly; the screen brightness cannot be adjusted.
But this problem also exists in the A1990 with UHD630, which should work officially.
Trackpad doesn't work. But it doesn’t work for the A1990 either.

A1707 2017.png

hvds

macrumors 6502a
Sep 1, 2017
Switzerland
MBP11,1, 15.0b2 on external SSD, OCLP 1.6.0n sequoia-development branch:
An attempt on root patching gave minimal results (wifi working) but worked formally; can boot in safe mode.

Many problems which weren't there before my amateur patching, not surprisingly.
The developers' recommendation NOT to install Sequoia holds.

The formal working required a change to the code and some changes to the data. If anything, the attempt showed again that OCLP is so well made that even a naive person can understand enough of it from source.
MBP11,1: with the new patcher support package (1.6.1 now) in OCLP sequoia-development branch, 15.0b2 runs well enough to use it for writing this post.
WIFI working.
Done only few manual changes to get the post-install patches through (spoiler).

Thanks developers!

cd /var/folders/6t/_0jy_6vn2lz0pwwgfsz_jy300000gs/T/tmph0s5cv3i/payloads/Universal-Binaries (or similar)
cp -R 12.5-3802-23 12.5-3802-24
cp -R 13.2.1-23 13.2.1-24
above is not good enough for graphics acceleration... just to let the patcher proceed.

in sys_patch_helpers.py before line 266 insert something for the sequoia case, seems good enough:
elif self.constants.detected_os == os_data.os_data.sequoia:
return

LIBRARY_DIR =...

need to boot in safe mode so far.

Edit: newly patched drivers I guess will gradually be added to new PatcherSupportPackage versions, as is already the case for AMDRadeonX5000MTLDriver.bundle. Looking forward to that, it will be a lot of work to the developers like every year. Thanks developers!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.