Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

deeveedee

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2019
Peoria, IL United States
Sequoia Revised Beta 3 (24A5289h) installed without issues on my hack emulating MBP6,2 (Nvidia Tesla). I performed the upgrade using a full USB installer over Sequoia Beta 3 (24A5289g). I'm still not attempting to apply any OCLP post install patches, but macOS Sequoia Beta installations continue to be flawless and performance without Nvidia drivers is still incredibly responsive.

amaze1499

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2014
Could not install Sequoia Revised Beta 3 (24A5289h) using 1.6.0 on this 9,2 via USB Installer. Reason: Installer claims MacOS is not compatible although patched beforehand.

Did try local installer. That one completed, but this try resulted in an reboot loop regardless whether it was safe or verbose or nomal mode.

Last edited:

houser

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2006
Could not install Sequoia Revised Beta 3 (24A5289h) using 1.6.0 on this 9,2 via USB Installer. Reason: Installer claims MacOS is not compatible although patched beforehand.

Did try local installer. That one completed, but this try resulted in an reboot loop regardless whether it was safe or verbose or nomal mode.
Seen this too. Using the "Install MacOS Sequoia Beta" app from the Applications folder has however worked every time here both from a OCLP-patched Sonoma partition and on top of a previous beta on an as yet unpatched Sequoia partition. FWIW.

amaze1499

macrumors 65816
Oct 16, 2014
Seen this too. Using the "Install MacOS Sequoia Beta" app from the Applications folder has however worked every time here both from a OCLP-patched Sonoma partition and on top of a previous beta on an as yet unpatched Sequoia partition. FWIW.
Thanks for the tipp. I tried that, however this machine ends up in a bootloop including POST. PRAM reset done. Same issue external as well as internally.

Last edited:

houser

macrumors 6502
Oct 29, 2006
Thanks for the tipp. I tried that, however this machine ends up in a bootloop including POST. PRAM reset done. Same issue external as well as internally.
What OCLP are you using? I saw what you report with the regular main branch 1.6 nightly.
I am now on the Sequoia branch from mid July which works here for basic booting and research but of course no patching.

Last edited:

Sven G

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2012
Milan, EU
If, after a new installation (and with no Wi-Fi available, without root patches), the time zone is set to Cupertino, it can be changed in Terminal:

sudo systemsetup -settimezone Region/City

(for example, in my case, Europe/Rome: YMMV).

Last edited:
Reactions: macpro_mid2014

Sven G

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2012
Milan, EU
… BTW, after so many years, Apple still doesn’t enable right click in macOS by default, after the initial setup: it’s ridiculous that you still have to control-click and configure the mouse manually. The same could be said also for the default “Macintosh HD” for the main disk: at least “Macintosh SSD” (well, still strange), come on…

Last edited:
Reactions: rehkram and olad

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
… BTW, after so many years, Apple still doesn’t enable right click in macOS by default, after the initial setup: it’s ridiculous that you still have to control-click and configure the mouse/trackpad manually. The same could be said also for the default “Macintosh HD” for the main disk: at least “Macintosh SSD” (well, still strange), come on…
I've never had an issue with Right-click working out of the box on a fresh install. I use a Logitech Triathlon mouse, and everything just works by default. OCLP, or directly supported.

Sven G

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2012
Milan, EU
… Hmmm: could perhaps be because it’s a MacBook Pro, which has a trackpad (so the mouse is considered additional)…? Who knows…

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
it's strange you mention the MBP. My MBP 11,1's trackpad on a supported OS at least has right click, but i have to enabled tap to click which is off by default in the gestures.

Sven G

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2012
Milan, EU
it's strange you mention the MBP. My MBP 11,1's trackpad on a supported OS at least has right click, but i have to enabled tap to click which is off by default in the gestures.
Yes, the same here with the trackpad. The strange thing is the Magic Mouse behaviour, where right-click isn’t enabled by default on a clean install (a too conservative approach by Apple, probably coming from the times when control-clicking was considered “the Mac way”: which is clearly nonsense): seems to be a known problem, as there are many articles on the web on how to enable right-click in the System Settings in macOS.

Last edited:

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
Yes, the same here with the trackpad. The strange thing is the Magic Mouse behaviour, where right-click isn’t enabled by default on a clean install.
It's actually not strange though, Apple mice as a whole have always had one button, where control click was used for right click. So they are probably keeping in line with traditional apple mice for it's defaults.

Sven G

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2012
Milan, EU
Yes, exactly: but today’s mice are all with two or more buttons, so the old control-click behaviour is rather obsolete, now. They could very well enable right-click by default. BTW, also the default hard disk icon should be changed, as there are no current Macs with mechanical hard drives anymore: it should depict an SSD, rather than an HD…

Last edited:

MacinMan

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2011
Denham Springs, LA
Yes, exactly: but today’s mice are all with two or more buttons, so the old control-click behaviour is rather obsolete, now. They could very well enable right-click by default. BTW, also the default hard disk icon should be changed, as there are no current Macs with mechanical hard drives anymore: it should depict an SSD, rather than an HD…
I like the classic icons, but remember you can change the icon to whatever you want. As far as mice there are much better mice than the magic mouse that allow you to charge while using.

Reactions: Sven G

Jazzzny

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2021
Screenshot_2024-07-18_at_7.40.52_PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.