Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

quietlight57

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2014
I think all DXO software cannot be installed while on the beta. I tried installing DXO PureRaw 4 and it fails during installation and the installer freezes. I reported it to DXO and they say they disable the ability to install on MacOS Beta's

If its already installed I would assume it would work
Just installed the latest version of DxO Pure RAW 4 onto Sequoia public beta 3. I used Pacifist to bypass the DxO installer so that Pacifist installed all the internal packages. Launched Pure RAW and registered it just fine. Haven't actually tried it out on a RAW file yet, but everything so far seems to be working fine.

Reactions: avro707

stbrown

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2010
Just installed the latest version of DxO Pure RAW 4 onto Sequoia public beta 3. I used Pacifist to bypass the DxO installer so that Pacifist installed all the internal packages. Launched Pure RAW and registered it just fine. Haven't actually tried it out on a RAW file yet, but everything so far seems to be working fine.
Thanks, I didnt know about this software. Glad there is a work around. I understand DXO not supporting bugs and issues with a beta OS but I dont understand them just out right blocking installation

dmccombs

macrumors 6502a
May 13, 2013
Quicken 7.8.2 is working for me on public beta 3
Perfect. That's the version I am running also. I may jump on the beta with the next beta release now that I know quicken is working. All my other important apps, are on the working list. 👍🏼

TheColtr

macrumors 6502a
Feb 1, 2014
California
Steam games are not launching - Borderlands 2, Elder Scrolls Online, and Baldur's Gate 3. Oddly, Dust: An Elysian Tale runs fine.
BG3 worked for me on 15.1 beta 1, but now isn't working on beta 2. I did get it to work by messing with wifi and forcing steam offline, but I haven't been able to replicate the workaround.

EDIT: if you keep steam closed, but run the actual app found in local files, it runs just fine.

Last edited:

Jeimu3u

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2020
Teams screen sharing is working for me.
Are you getting issues with not receiving any calls? Teams web works fine for me and I will get a ringtone and notification if someone calls me, but the desktop application 1/10 times will ring. I get the calls on my iPhone, so to make sure it wasn't an iPhone and handoff related issue I have uninstalled teams from my phone too and still no calls on the desktop app.

avro707

macrumors 68020
Dec 13, 2010
Are you getting issues with not receiving any calls? Teams web works fine for me and I will get a ringtone and notification if someone calls me, but the desktop application 1/10 times will ring.
I get calls coming through no problems.

I am still with the 15.0 beta series of MacOS because Apple doesn't see fit to give 2019 Mac Pros 15.1.

greg624

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2013
Indiana
Logic Pro 11.0.1 keeps crashing on boot with 15.1 Beta 2. Is anyone else experiencing this? Sorry if it was mentioned before, as I didn't see or notice anyone say anything about it.

MBAir2010

macrumors 604
May 30, 2018
there
does Music work on Sequoia?

Big Sur to Sonoma only plays 3 songs from a CD-ripped and a  store brought album
to a  homepod mini then stops....on macmini and macbook air M1 processor.

thanks in advance!

Hicks.

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2006
UK
Hi guys. I could do with being able to sync my iPhone (running 18.1 beta) to my MacBook but it looks like I need to upgrade my Mac to the beta to be able to do this. The thing that is stopping me is Microsoft Teams. this app is mission-critical to work, so I was just wondering if this is now performing properly? I am using the latest download of Teams (the one that blends work and personal accounts).

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Hi guys. I could do with being able to sync my iPhone (running 18.1 beta) to my MacBook but it looks like I need to upgrade my Mac to the beta to be able to do this. The thing that is stopping me is Microsoft Teams. this app is mission-critical to work, so I was just wondering if this is now performing properly? I am using the latest download of Teams (the one that blends work and personal accounts).
I've used MS Teams on my MacBook Air M1, both with 15.1 beta 1 and 15.1 beta 2, without any issues.

Mostly for text chatting, but I also have attended a couple of video meetings.

I've not tried to initiate a video meeting, and I've not tried to share my screen, though. The latter being reported as an issue by some (all?).

Hicks.

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2006
UK
I've used MS Teams on my MacBook Air M1, both with 15.1 beta 1 and 15.1 beta 2, without any issues.

Mostly for text chatting, but I also have attended a couple of video meetings.

I've not tried to initiate a video meeting, and I've not tried to share my screen, though. The latter being reported as an issue by some (all?).
Thanks for your reply. I will need to share my screen, quite regularly, so I’ll see if anybody else has any experience with that.

david0128

macrumors regular
Aug 10, 2021
Hey there, I couldn't get the screen sharing from the Teams app to work in 18.1 beta two. When I clicked the share dropdown, the screen/windows thumbnails were often just grey boxes. Sometimes you get a window image, but mostly not. I tried a deep clean and reinstall, but didn't make much difference. If you only occasionally screen share, then it still works from the Teams web app (surprisingly well). I use Teams screen sharing frequently so decided to downgrade back to Sonoma.

Edit: There's likely to be a beta 3 within the next 48 hours - but the issue may be more related to Teams not using the new screen sharing API rather than a bug in MacOS.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.