Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

murdock1234

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2007
FeatureUnlock causes that a lot of Apps are crashing after 1 hour of using the laptop. Mostly when using keyboard command like CMD+Q or CMD+C or CMD+P.

Using OCLP 0.61 and macOS 13.2

Macbook Pro 13 (early 2015)

gwhizkids

macrumors G4
Jun 21, 2013
Then why does it occur directly after a Ventura Update?

Perhaps the apps have not been updated to support Ventura or the particular point release. That is the reason for the developer betas: to allow developers time to test their apps against the new OS version and fix anything that doesn’t work. Not all developers do this in time for the public release of the new OS version, or don’t do it well.

Reactions: adrianlondon

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
Not sure if this is a bug or just horrible design chouce, has this been fixed in the Mail.app? This is to me one more example that people currently working on macOS UI and UX do not quite get this whole "desktop operating system" thing.

You shouldn't be requred to play a guessing game to realize what kind of element this is, is it a drop down menu or a search field.

Simple point down arrow at the right side would have been enough of a clue.

Screen Shot 2023-02-18.png

andytchp

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2022
Small but frustrating bug. I semi-regularly attach my M1 MBP (16") to my TV to watch sporting coverage via 'Kayo Sports' out of a web browser using basic screen mirroring, and have done so successfully since purchasing it nearly a year ago.

Since upgrading to 13.2 this is unusable, all video grinds to a halt (both on the internal display and the TV) as soon as the HDMI cable is connected.

haralds

macrumors 68030
Jan 3, 2014
Silicon Valley, CA
I got mine to work using the following:
  1. Turn off File Sharing
  2. Use terminal to clear volume meta data for every mounted volume with the command:
    1. xattr -c /Volumes/Name
  3. Reboot
  4. Turn on File Sharing
Not sure, how long that holds. It does wipe out all custom volume icons.

andytchp

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2022
Small but frustrating bug. I semi-regularly attach my M1 MBP (16") to my TV to watch sporting coverage via 'Kayo Sports' out of a web browser using basic screen mirroring, and have done so successfully since purchasing it nearly a year ago.

Since upgrading to 13.2 this is unusable, all video grinds to a halt (both on the internal display and the TV) as soon as the HDMI cable is connected.
The workaround for this is to reboot the machine with the HDMI cable connected. Which feels like a very 'Windows' solution.

srbNYC

macrumors 68000
Jul 7, 2020
New York, NY
I don't know if this is a persistent bug or, worse, an actual change: In Mail, search results used to include entire folders whose names included the search term. It was super convenient for finding correspondence for entire projects.

This capability seems to be gone. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Reactions: George Dawes

Cham2000

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2022
So, as of today (16 march), is Ventura 13.2.1 still very buggy? Are there yet many small annoying bugs in the interface and the Finder? How is your experience with the current version of Ventura?

Pecka

macrumors 6502
Jan 13, 2022
So, as of today (16 march), is Ventura 13.2.1 still very buggy? Are there yet many small annoying bugs in the interface and the Finder? How is your experience with the current version of Ventura?
I had trouble with the computer not waking up from sleep in Ventura. Went back to Monterey and the problem is gone.

• Angry
Reactions: Cham2000

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
I had trouble with the computer not waking up from sleep in Ventura. Went back to Monterey and the problem is gone.
or you could have gotten help with the issue here on a forum filled with (ok, partially filled with) intelligent macusers. after all, it's not a bug, or even a common problem... 🙄...

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
Terrible
Safari is buggy, especially with facebook. There is a long delay when left click the mouse to save a picture to desktop, the computer overall feels slower than it did before Ventura

Cham2000

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2022
Terrible
Safari is buggy, especially with facebook. There is a long delay when left click the mouse to save a picture to desktop, the computer overall feels slower than it did before Ventura
On which computer are you doing your stuff? How many ram do you have?

What you described would be a pain in the butt for me! I hate these kind of bugs and issues. I'm extremely impatient with computers!

mikelets456

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
I'm finding this version very stable, especially compared to 13.1 and 13.2....I have not rebooted in 12 days and all is still good.
However, I am using a 2015 11,4 Macbook pro with OCLP. I loved Monterrey with zero problems---and I regretted going to Ventura but 13.2.1 is growing on me and regrets are fading.

Cham2000

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2022
I'm finding this version very stable, especially compared to 13.1 and 13.2....I have not rebooted in 12 days and all is still good.
However, I am using a 2015 11,4 Macbook pro with OCLP. I loved Monterrey with zero problems---and I regretted going to Ventura but 13.2.1 is growing on me and regrets are fading.
Have you experimented any annoying bugs during these 12 days?

mikelets456

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2022
Bucks County, PA
Have you experimented any annoying bugs during these 12 days?
No---on 12.2 I had problems with Photos freezing my entire Mac every few days---I would have to power reset/reboot. However, none since updating to 12.2.1 other than (not really a bug) smart charging option isn't available. I bought my laptop used and that option never existed. However, I used "Aledente" and smart chaging works.

--Music = good
--Photos = Good
--Lotus Notes (work) = Good
--Aldente--Good.
--BT mouse, Apple watch unlock, stream to Alexa/Roku = Good.
--Safari = Good.
--Watching videos = Good.
--Search, tax program, all devices, mail, Terminal, apps, etc = good.

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
On which computer are you doing your stuff? How many ram do you have?

What you described would be a pain in the butt for me! I hate these kind of bugs and issues. I'm extremely impatient with computers!
2018 Mac Mini with 16Gb RAM
It was working perfectly before Ventura. very frustrating

Lincoln84

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2020
Automatic dark mode seems to be broken since 13.0 on both of my macbooks, a 2020 Intel i3 air and on a 2020 m1 air. When you click manually on light or dark and then click back to auto it works but only until system restart and you will have to go over the process again.

Morac

macrumors 68020
Dec 30, 2009
My M1 Mac is on Ventura 13.2.1. I found yesterday that the Shared Albums are no longer updating on my Mac. To get any updates to share albums I have to go into the Photos app settings and uncheck the shared album and then check it again. Basically I have disable and enable seeing shared albums on my Mac. I get updates normally on my iPhone and iPad.

Yesterday I shared a photo and it didn’t update. I forced the update using the steps above and today someone liked my photo and again my Mac didn’t update. The last time my Mac’s shared albums updated on their own was January 5th when my Mac was on 13.1.

My iCloud library does update, but not the shared albums.

Any idea how to get shared albums to update on their own?

dotck

macrumors member
Nov 13, 2019
Running Ventura (13.2.1) on 14-inch MBP (2023, M2 Max, 64 GB Memory). A few issues discoved in the last four weeks:

1. The mouse behaves weirdly. Sometimes clicking works like doing a double-click. Selection of text also sometimes doesn't work properly: Choosing to select a sentence it would start selecting the second character of a word instead of selecting the entire word. Its not because of the mouse (Logitech MX Anywhere 2), because I tried with a different one. Same behaviour.
  2. Also related to the mouse, but most likely due to Bluetooth: If I put in the Airpods, the mouse pointer starts lagging like hell. After a bit of time (around 30s), the mouse pointer moves smoothly again and I can connect the Airpods as usual.
  3. Rebooting macOS corrupted my Time Machine backup. I'm using a network drive (via Samba 4.x on Debian 11) and it worked quite well for the last couple of years, but after rebooing my Mac it can't do Backups anymore ("The network backup disk does not support the required capabilities.").
  4. Waking up from sleep does not retain the window sizes. I have a Studio Display connected in which I have most application windows resized in way they work for me on the larger display but after waking up from sleep the windows are much smaller, most likely to fit the built-in display of the Macbook. Some applications behave weirdly then. For example Google Chrome: If I enter a web address into its address bar, the address bar is displayed on the top of the Studio Display while the application window is way off the top.
In general there seem to be quite some bugs in there and hopefully they address them instead of putting another iteration of Emojis and other non-productive stuff into macOS 14.

zer0ed

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2016
Idaho
Folks, FYI... Ventura v13.3 RC (Release Candidate) is available now to the public though the beta program, however, the official release of Ventura v13.3 should be arriving this Tuesday.

steve333

macrumors 65816
Dec 12, 2008
Am I the only one that has a long delay when right clicking on a picture to save it to desktop?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.