Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
The first post of this thread is a WikiPost and can be edited by anyone with the appropiate permissions. Your edits will be public.

Sowelu

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2008
New York City
I really miss the days of iTunes before Apple confused things with the 'Music' app, service, and so on as they tried to combine both worlds. I do not stream, so nothing they've done or introduced since 'Music' launched was a good thing for me. Actually, it's just been a mess for those of us 'legacy' users who just want what iTunes offered back in the day in terms of features and functionality.

The iTunes app should have stayed around as the non-streaming music cataloging and organization app, but it is becoming more and more apparent that Apple's goal is to move everyone over to their streaming platform.

I am hoping that the iTunes store stays around for a while for those of us who prefer to own our music. For me, it's all about the custom (offline) playlists (with music from many sources), and integrating them into my own Apple ecosystem. This should not be a workflow that is considered to be antiquated or less than, but this is what happens when you have to cater to the masses, I guess.

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
the irony is that most people by far found iTunes too convoluted as a bloated hub of everything....now people think an app that focuses on music is confusing?

it's all about the custom (offline) playlists (with music from many sources),

This is still a feature in Music.

Reactions: RednBlue

Acxl

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2021
Anyone else having problems with the not updating play count with version 1.3.0.138 (new library and Apple Music)?

A song played on the mac doesn't count and didn't appear in the "last played"-playlist. :mad:

EDIT: Okay, it's already known with 7 in the missing features list.

Last edited:

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Is this play count bug widespread? I'm ready to update to Ventura, but I rely on my main library updating as I listen to songs on my iPhone (main DAP) for smart playlists.

Acxl

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2021
I downgraded back to Monterey, because the play count didn't work for me. Not with a new user account and a fresh profile. (MacBook Pro 2021)

Lvivske

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
🇺🇦
I've had no issues with play count on the ventura betas

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 12.20.29 PM.png
    Screenshot 2022-10-31 at 12.20.29 PM.png
    175.7 KB · Views: 90
Reactions: Traverse

Sowelu

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2008
New York City
Something I noticed today, not sure if this is widespread, but crossfade and individual song options (volume adjust, EQ settings) do not work while using AirPods (AirPods Pro 2 in this case). These features work fine while playing music via my MacBook's internal speakers, and I've not tried my other wireless earbuds yet.

I see on the main page (WikiPost) that this is a bug with AirPlay playback, so does the Music App consider playback with AirPods (via Bluetooth) the same as AirPlay playback, or is this a new bug? Either way, it's annoying AF as I use these two features heavily as I create playlists. I honestly don't understand why Apple can't get their **** together when it comes to this app.

Anyone else having this issue?

Last edited:

Sowelu

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2008
New York City
Something I noticed today, not sure if this is widespread, but crossfade and individual song options (volume adjust, EQ settings) do not work while using AirPods (AirPods Pro 2 in this case). These features work fine while playing music via my MacBook's internal speakers, and I've not tried my other wireless earbuds yet.

I see on the main page (WikiPost) that this is a bug with AirPlay playback, so does the Music App consider playback with AirPods (via Bluetooth) the same as AirPlay playback, or is this a new bug? Either way, it's annoying AF as I use these two features heavily as I create playlists. I honestly don't understand why Apple can't get their **** together when it comes to this app.

Anyone else having this issue?
So, I just tried this again after restarting my MacBook and now it's working properly... Not sure what's going on there...

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Forgive me if this has been covered, but I saw that on the main wiki the Filter filed was still shown as a missing feature. I just updated to Venture and noticed the below icons. These search and sorting options persist in the albums, songs, and playlist views throughout the music app for me. Is this new?

Jordan-MacBook-Pro 2022-11-12 at 22.06.18@2x.png

ErikGrim

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jun 20, 2003
Brisbane, Australia
Forgive me if this has been covered, but I saw that on the main wiki the Filter filed was still shown as a missing feature. I just updated to Venture and noticed the below icons. These search and sorting options persist in the albums, songs, and playlist views throughout the music app for me. Is this new?

View attachment 2112249
The search field does not persist. Having to click an icon to open it is no better than having to open it with a keyboard command.

B/D

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2016
@ErikGrim

I am at my wits end with this app on Mac OS. I have 600/600 fiber, rock solid LAN and Wi-Fi, the rest of the apps works flawlessly (including the Music app on IOS under the same network, by the way) and yet, for some strange reason Apple Music streaming on Mac OS is slow loading and playing songs, sometimes just stop, buffers or skip songs without any apparent reason.

Any ideas?. I am on the latest Ventura stable release, no betas anywhere.

Excuse my English.

I even came to think it may be an ISP throttling issue, but given that the streaming on the IOS app is flawless, that can´t be.

Last edited:

Traverse

macrumors 604
Mar 11, 2013
Here
The search field does not persist. Having to click an icon to open it is no better than having to open it with a keyboard command.
Well, it kind of does. That magnifying glass isn't present in every single view, but it appears in the most common ones that I use and a single click of it transforms it into a search bar that can receive keyboard input so it's essentially no different than having an ever-present search bar that you have to first click. Unless you're wanting a search bar that is always accepting keyboard input when the Music.app is active.

Reactions: ErikGrim

tomtad

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2015
Nice little change I've noticed in Ventura. When you select AirPods from the AirPlay menu it now automatically outputs your system audio, with volume controllable from the volume keys.

Previously it outputted audio from the Music app only and volume was controlled by the volume bar separate to the system. And if you wanted system audio you had to connect via the Control Centre. Any other AirPlay device, like a HomePod, retains the previous behaviour.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.