Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
This is where the fairies live. There are two hiding behind the wall on the left...

foss.jpg

NeGRit0

macrumors 6502a
Apr 19, 2008
Las Vegas, Nv
Heres my first post in the photo section!

How does everyone like it? (Click for better size with full quality)

Was there not a live one to photograph? I know this was stated before, but the background being much brighter than the subject is Very distracting.

I was a snapshot, using a Canon SD790IS handheld against the cage. I wasn't going for perfection.

Oh ok, i meant no disrespect. I guess it just looks better in person...

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Tai Chi Art (clickable)

Shot some stuff for our local Taoist Tai Chi club. This is a photo of Art... viewers will have to know the stack, "super stack", behind him, is iconic in this city... and the slag heap, the black rock to the right as you view the photo, is waste from the nickel smelting process. I think the colours all work nicely in this shot but c and c always welcomed. Used a polarizing filter to help the sky definition.
As well, I was shooting in JPEG format then... not realizing the advantage of shooting RAW. BJ

Attachments

• Art.JPG
    Art.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 73

object88

macrumors member
Sep 10, 2008
Brightness looks ok at 2.2 gamma here- I'd love to see a close-up grill-on shot in the slanted evening light!

Thanks, compuwar. Not sure if this is exactly what you're interested in, but it's a different angle and a lot of crop. :)

(Clickable)

Acsom

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2009
Saturday night at the church picnic, where the potato pancake booth is 97* and running strong:

DSCF0139.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...

Really like this shot - very restful - even though there isn't just one subject to draw the eye. It's the sort of pic that would work in a calendar: ie it would look good on the wall for a month. The only thing that 'jars' is the stones in front. Not the stones themselves, which fit the composition fine, but being out of focus. I feel the shot would benefit from being pin-sharp from front to back. Did you use a tripod?

Shot some stuff for our local Taoist Tai Chi club. This is a photo of Art... viewers will have to know the stack, "super stack", behind him, is iconic in this city... and the slag heap, the black rock to the right as you view the photo, is waste from the nickel smelting process. I think the colours all work nicely in this shot but c and c always welcomed.

A pic should work on its own terms, and not need explaining. There's nothing in the pic itself that 'says' tai chi. And even with the explanation, I'm not sure how tai chi links into the nickel smelting process. Or maybe I'm being a bit thick this morning...

Janet's foss? Are you trying to slip some sheep in your photo's again? ( Janet's foss was a place to wash sheep )

Spot on. Janet's Foss it is, near Malham, in the Yorkshire Dales...

Killed this picture in post but I still thought I'd post it.
3821626097_5cc57c6fa7_b.jpg

Yes, I think you pressed too many buttons in Photoshop. The flower is burned into my retina...

nuwomb

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
Urban HDR

site went through some big issues and trying to rebuilt it up. this is from our most recent photowalk in London ontario

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Yes, I think you pressed too many buttons in Photoshop. The flower is burned into my retina...

Yeah I just didn't know what I wanted to do with it, so I tried a bunch of things. I think I might re-edit it another day when I have nothing better to do.

Question: Do you guys know how to apply contrast to just one part of an image in Photoshop or Lightroom 2.4? For some reason I can't just figure it out lol.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
Yeah I just didn't know what I wanted to do with it, so I tried a bunch of things. I think I might re-edit it another day when I have nothing better to do.

Question: Do you guys know how to apply contrast to just one part of an image in Photoshop or Lightroom 2.4? For some reason I can't just figure it out lol.

yup there are many ways of doing it. I think tehre is a way by just using an adjustment layer and a mask... ahvent done taht in a while when i get home i will take a look and try.. i dont have ps on this comp.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.