Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
I really like this. Nice composition with an interesting foreground, good light balance and an interesting subject. What is on the side of the castle, a glass elevator? Looks like an anachronism.

Thanks. I too wonder about that anachronistic appendage and agree that it's probably a glass elevator. I've not been inside that castle and don't know why an elevator would be necessary, but I think it's a pity that they would compromise the appearance of the castle with such an incongruous element.

And for today, the Grotto of Tiberius:

ScyllaBase1.jpg

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I love these threads. I'm a bit to shy to share in it because I know squat about photogrpahy but I really enjoy perusing this thread. SO many absolutely stunning photos!

I must mention all of these (below), for sheer ability to make me smile:

Fantastic. How ever you got such a crisp motion shot of a dragonfly, I have no idea.

Robot Attack!! - Test of my new FA31mm f1.8 ltd.

3732202764_382719f742_o.jpg
Love it. (want it too)

Just having fun.....

Eli.jpg
peekaboo! :)
My boy + some bokeh :)
3348513041_792215b202_b.jpg
awwwwww! :)

Pentax K100D
Pentax DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 @250 mm
1/2500 sec, f/8.0
Cropped (original here) - we were down the first-base side and this was moving toward third base.

Nashville Sounds at the Salt Lake Bees, August 9, 2009.
Sean Rodriguez tossing the ball toward 3rd base. The runner, Johnny Raburn, looks alarmed.
THIS is hilarious! It could be in a caption contest.

Anybody else think this guy looks like Beethoven? :D

3843431343_b6bb075336.jpg
:D Completely adorable.

… And for sheer ability to look sechsay:

:p

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Wakami Lake, Northern Ontario (clickable)

The view from my camping spot on Wakami Lake, Northern Ontario. f9.5, 1/30 sec, iso 250 fl18 mm on my 1 and only 18-200mm lens

Attachments

• Wakami.jpg
    Wakami.jpg
    978.7 KB · Views: 140

Maxxamillian

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2004
Utah
SLC Flyfishing got some new lenses. A shot from my Nikkor 24-70, a lens that he got me to fall in love with all over again.

631817029_vUg6w-L.jpg

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe

Took this at the park yesterday.

I want to keep the background b&w, and convert the bouncy thing (I can;t think of what they're called) back into color. If anyone could tell me how to do this, I would appreciate it.

Don

Mask the "ride"
Invert the mask so the grass is selected
Desaturate the grass (Image>Adjustments>Desaturate)

luminosity

macrumors 65816
Jan 10, 2006
Arizona
Excellent work, both mcavjame and Max! I love both your images. Interesting how they're completely different, yet both are great photos.

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
Excellent work, both mcavjame and Max! I love both your images. Interesting how they're completely different, yet both are great photos.

Thanks for the positive feedback. I like maxxamillian's work too.. always top notch stuff. The washed out area in this pic works well and helps to set the figure as the object of focus. Great stuff!

tonyeck

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2004
Las Vegas, NV

This photo was taken at Desert View (around the corner from this) approximately 25 minutes before the sun set over the Grand Canyon. I was scoping out my position for the sun set when I took this shot, and I quite liked the outcome. The Grad ND filter really helps retain detail in the clouds and the true blues we could see that evening. The haze you see is smoke from the Controlled fires on the North Rim of the Canyon making it's way down the Colorado River.

Taken with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II.

* Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60)
* Aperture: f/8.0
* Focal Length: 27 mm
* ISO Speed: 200
* Exposure Bias: -1/3 EV
* Lens: EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM
* 0.9 Grad ND Filter

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north

This photo was taken at Desert View (around the corner from this) approximately 25 minutes before the sun set over the Grand Canyon. I was scoping out my position for the sun set when I took this shot, and I quite liked the outcome. The Grad ND filter really helps retain detail in the clouds and the true blues we could see that evening. The haze you see is smoke from the Controlled fires on the North Rim of the Canyon making it's way down the Colorado River.

Taken with a Canon EOS 5D Mark II.

* Exposure: 0.017 sec (1/60)
* Aperture: f/8.0
* Focal Length: 27 mm
* ISO Speed: 200
* Exposure Bias: -1/3 EV
* Lens: EF24-70mm f/2.8L USM
* 0.9 Grad ND Filter

D@MN.... Pictures like those, make me realize that I live in the wrong country and SO want a 5D MK2 :D

Well captured

.JahJahwarrior.

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2007

Discovery taking off last night/this morning. 500mm really cheap, crappy lens. Click on it to go to my gallery where there is another shot of Discovery flying through some clouds that also looks pretty cool.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
D@MN.... Pictures like those, make me realize that I live in the wrong country and SO want a 5D MK2 :D

Well captured
EVERYONE says that. Somehow we all manage to look at pictures from another place and think how much nicer it is than where we live. Then we find people who take pictures of the places we're at and think ... how do I not see that?

Discovery taking off last night/this morning. 500mm really cheap, crappy lens. Click on it to go to my gallery where there is another shot of Discovery flying through some clouds that also looks pretty cool.

OK WTF AWESOME!
I'd love this as a wallpaper suitable for say ... oh gosh I dunno ... a 30" display. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.