Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Amazing location... though, for me, the HDR treatment makes it look like a scene from a computer game. I'm waiting for Lara Croft to appear...

It does look a bit that way, but seeing as we were there at just past noon, the lighting conditions were pretty harsh, and I thought this was a good way of capturing the atmosphere. I'll post a link to a non-HDR, post processed single exposure. I like the way the falls themselves look, although I'm not sure about the foliage. Any tips/suggestions?

Wow! Two stunning shots from South America :)

Could I see a non-HDR version please - the mist at the base of the falls is bothering me slightly and wondering if it's due to the HDR treatment.

Of course! Here is the link to the non-HDR version: First exposure (-1 EV)

Canon 5d Mark II - F/4 - 1/30 - ISO 800 - EF24-105mm f/4L IS USM
BTW, Fantastic HDR. I wish I had time to visit Venezuela. :)

Thank you! :) Venezuela is a beautiful country, as is Chile. I look forward to visiting it sometime next year.

Wow just wow, that's the first thing I said when I saw that picture.

I'm glad you liked it!

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
OtocecCastle4.jpg

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
It does look a bit that way, but seeing as we were there at just past noon, the lighting conditions were pretty harsh, and I thought this was a good way of capturing the atmosphere. I'll post a link to a non-HDR, post processed single exposure. I like the way the falls themselves look, although I'm not sure about the foliage. Any tips/suggestions?

Of course! Here is the link to the non-HDR version: First exposure (-1 EV)

I'm glad you liked it!

I actually don't think it looks game-like at all and I prefer the HDR version to the original. That's just me though. Is there anyway I can get a bigger one to use as desktop background?

And here's my contribution to the thread for today. It's a shot I snapped in class while my teacher was ranting about something I couldn't understand- Honors Physics is tough when you have Senioritis.
3858579176_6b0813f5f7_b.jpg

TH3D4RKKN1GH7

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2009
Extra

I just wanted to share this image it wasn't taken by me it was taken by my girlfriend, she's a painter. I just wanted to show off her work. Her Chess Collection.

3859242137_7789061a3e_b.jpg

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
Great image. I like the vertical treatment and the bit of tree you left in to frame the top.

first post in awhile...
3854849578_2a70d425b6_b.jpg
Great range of tones. Very Ansel Adams... not in subject, but tonal range.

More from the Canadian National Exhibition, which opened last week here in Toronto:

630325907_m4qPX-L.jpg
It's been a while since I've been to the Ex. Nice image with great colours and a soft sky. Too bad about that triangle. Were you on a ride?

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”

This was shot with my Canon 5D mark II, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L and a 0.9 Graduated ND filter.

There's that wonderful "L" lens again.... (*gets jealous*)

All I can afford is this crappy old Sigma... :( (at least it's not a rental... :D)

Joe Flanigan ("Stargate: Atlantis") at Chicago Stargate Con 2009.

Canon 20D, Sigma 75-300 DL (Nikon-F Mount) at 300mm (480mm equiv), f5.6, 1/30, ISO1600, Fotodiox Nikon-F to EOS Adapter

58b317d40c6c41f6a2400d976c0f3080

Well, enough of the Con pics - hopefully, weather permitting, going to an Aviation Fest this weekend for some pics!

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
El Tirano Beach, Margarita.

1/250, F10, ISO 100, 10mm (Sigma 10-20mm f4-5.6)

I'm still getting used to this 10-20mm lens. I've been using the 100mm macro for the past 20 months or so and this is a completely different take on photography and perspective.

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
house1e.jpg

There are a lot of these funny little buildings round here, which have no obvious pupose: not quite houses, not quite barns.

I remember this one from earlier this summer (or one very similar). Amazing. The lighting reminded me so much of one of Edward Hopper's more obscure paintings that I tried to find it online for comparison but had no luck.

romanaz

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
NJ
There's that wonderful "L" lens again.... (*gets jealous*)

All I can afford is this crappy old Sigma... :( (at least it's not a rental... :D)

Joe Flanigan ("Stargate: Atlantis") at Chicago Stargate Con 2009.

Canon 20D, Sigma 75-300 DL (Nikon-F Mount) at 300mm (480mm equiv), f5.6, 1/30, ISO1600, Fotodiox Nikon-F to EOS Adapter

58b317d40c6c41f6a2400d976c0f3080

Well, enough of the Con pics - hopefully, weather permitting, going to an Aviation Fest this weekend for some pics!

ok, I have to ask, why do you mount a nikon lens onto the 20D?

anyhow, not the best pic, but we don't see to many celebrities here, so here's Ugly Betty herself, America Ferrara. And yes, I know its noisy, its untouched besides going to jpg and the likes, I just stumbled into the set on broadway and 24th.

Attachments

• nyc_stuffs  046lq.jpg
    nyc_stuffs 046lq.jpg
    843.8 KB · Views: 86

Dmac77

macrumors 68020
Jan 2, 2008
Michigan

Took this at the park yesterday.

I want to keep the background b&w, and convert the bouncy thing (I can;t think of what they're called) back into color. If anyone could tell me how to do this, I would appreciate it.

Don

wheezy

macrumors 65816
Apr 7, 2005
Alpine, UT
I like this a lot, but if I may offer some constructive criticism.

- The two flower pots seem to be more in focus then the bench, I don't know if that's what you were going for, but it really draws me away from the bench, and more towards the flower pots.

TS lenses do some different focal planes, I'm still learning. And I agree :)

- I know you don't have any control over this, but the light in the door way is also distracting, for me at least.

I agree, maybe I'll jump into this and do some PP, right now it's straight from the camera.

- I really like the lights along the wall. They really draw you towards the center of the picture, in this case the bench (more a comment then a criticism)

- Lastly, I really love how you threw the foreground out of focus it really gives the photo a lot of depth.

I love Tilt/Shift lenses... must buy one. Had to send my rental back :(

Don

wow, i love the atmosphere this photo creates. is it possible to get a bigger version, i'd love to have it as a desktop wallpaper.

Full Res

Full Size, no watermark, use as you please. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.