Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
Now THIS is zen photography: going to the tiger pool at the zoo to shoot a bubble. Kudos... :eek:

Actually, I think it's a lovely shot (wherever you took it!): simple and quietly atmospheric...

Thanks Doylem! although it may not be as ZEN as it seems. I went to the Zoo to take photos of the Tiger, but it was asleep and in a spot where I couldn't get an interesting shot of it. So I defaulted to the bubbles out of boredom while waiting to see if the tiger would wake. It never did by the way.

But your comments are encouraging either way, I had a lot of fun trying to get the bubbles in focus at f/1.4!

SLC

valdore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
IMG_6281__1__2_tonemapped+copy.jpg

One handheld RAW // HDR
Shutter: 1/50 sec.
Aperture: f/12.9
Focal Length: 24 mm
ISO 100

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Wow! Amazing shots and manually focused! What kind of bugger is it by the way?

I need to know what I'll be running away from if I ever encounter one :D

That's a small wasp, they're about 1 cm long, and pretty harmless if you don't bother them :)

That's amazing that you were able to manually focus on that. that image has such a small 'in focus region' (I'm not really down with the lingo here) that I almost wouldn't believe you were telling the truth if I hadn't seen all of your other amazing pictures.

It helps that these little wasps tend to hover for a while near the entrance of the nest. That way it isn't so hard to focus manually :)

PimpDaddy

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2007
As always Freebooter is posting some great pictures. Other favorites of mine in this thread is posted by M@lew, Doylem, pdxflint and Valdore. Many other have posted some great stuff! But these were the ones that leaved a really strong impression :)

large

Taken at XFC 2 in Herning, Denmark
ISO 500
f 2.8
1/250
Taken with Canon EOS 30D with Sigma DG EX 28-70mm @ 32mm​

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Get back to work!

fett, that is one awesome HDR!

Taken last friday at a visit to my U's botanical garden. By now you can see that I love that place! :D

"GET BACK TO WORK!"

Atta laevigata (Formicidae: Myrmicinae) soldier
Canon 400D + 100mm Macro + Ring Lite
1/200, f9, ISO 100
Handheld, manual focus

Attachments

• Get back to work.jpg
    Get back to work.jpg
    701.1 KB · Views: 69

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
IMG_6458__1__2_tonemapped+copy.jpg

One handheld RAW // HDR
Shutter: 1/80 sec.
Aperture: f/12.9
Focal Length: 47 mm
ISO 100

Another scene from my helicopter ride yesterday - Kansas City, Missouri.

Your HDR cityscapes are very interesting. They make the cities look new, neat and clean like the dreams of a city planner. This is in opposition to the closer views where the grime and all is actually accentuated. Just an unusual phenomenon. I like both effects.

kylos

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2002
MI
My shot of the moon tonight...

I tried getting shots of the lunar eclipse with my brother tonight, but the results were rather blurry and we were about a minute late for peak.

I guess I'll post this night-time shot taken with my mom's Ricoh film SLR back when Hale-Bopp was passing by (around 1997 or so, I think).
It was shot on 1600 ISO film with about an eight minute exposure time. I can't really remember too many other details other than that this project really got me into photography. They're not the best shots, but it was a neat experience back then.

The comet would be the bigger blur in the center.

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
I screwed up a bit on the lighting of this flower macro. You can see my two umbrella's in the water drop.

I like that photo a lot. I think im'a gonna built me one them there light box's. Maybe then I can start taking some awesome shots like yours.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Fisherman at Morecambe, Lancashire, UK. There's no harbour... so the handful of fishermen have to come in and out on the tide. He throws a grappling hook to catch hold of his dinghy; he'll leave the boat moored in its place, and row in for his tea...

tossinganchorvh2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.