Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Village square.... (ok the last scottish photo)
scotland20080002.jpg

Canon 30D, 1/60, f4, 3200ASA

Padraic

macrumors regular
Boy it's been a bit since I posted last. Been too busy with film but I'm finally getting around to having them dev'd + scanned.

I've got two versions of this photo and I'm still torn to which is better. And since this is the Photo Of The DAY thread I shall post 1 pic and provide a link to the other incase you want to see it. And then chances are I'll post the other tomorrow if people like it. Here's the pic.

And here's the link.

M@lew, they're both amazing shots! If you're looking for opinions (I know, everyone has one and they all stink), I prefer the one posted here on MR, it seems to tell more of a story...

Padraic

thinkband

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
Hi guyz, this is my first picture post. I have been shooting more seriously for about 6 months or so and have taken 1000 pictures in three vacations. I'm not exactly sure how to post pictures. I use Flikr and I just copied and pasted this link from the picture properties. This is with my old P&S but soon I am going to get a Canon 40d so I will be all set.

Disneyland :)

Landscape-pier.jpg

Olympus 5.1mp P&S

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Boy it's been a bit since I posted last. Been too busy with film but I'm finally getting around to having them dev'd + scanned.

I've got two versions of this photo and I'm still torn to which is better. And since this is the Photo Of The DAY thread I shall post 1 pic and provide a link to the other incase you want to see it. And then chances are I'll post the other tomorrow if people like it. Here's the pic.

And here's the link.

Matt - don't forget you can post on the critique thread (here) and not be limited by the one pic a day constraint. You can post a couple of shots for comparison and critique, a bit looser than POTD.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Baja sunrise

Sunrise over the Sea of Cortez from Loretto, Baja California Sur. The land in the background is an offshore island.

img_0011.JPG

Model: Canon PowerShot A95
Exposure: 1/800 sec
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 16.2mm

otter

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2006
Darwin, NT
absolutely no meaning behind this one:

I guess I have to ask why you took the photo then, or why you posted it. Show me something that does have some meaning to you.

Personally I like the idea although I might have framed it a bit differently. The car in the background is a bit distracting.

Rotary8

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2006
my ride.
d80 18-200 iso100 f3.6 2" exposure.

Attachments

• TranRDX.jpg
    TranRDX.jpg
    302.8 KB · Views: 95

brendanryder

macrumors 6502a
Dec 28, 2006
Calgary
M@lew, they're both amazing shots! If you're looking for opinions (I know, everyone has one and they all stink), I prefer the one posted here on MR, it seems to tell more of a story...

Padraic

i think the one posted here too is better, dont get me wrong there both amazing, but the feet makethe picture if you ask me. just how their crossed makes it look so unique :D

Another flying critter :D

what lens did you use?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.