Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrT8064

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2006
UK
Did I mention it rained in scotland?
scotland20080051.jpg

Canon 30D, 1/125, f8, 17mm, 800asa

bea utiful! really great photograph, makes me want to go up there

Grimace

macrumors 68040
Feb 17, 2003
with Hamburglar.
Ok, got the model release all taken care of.;)

A noob at this; comments and criticism welcome!

jL2097.jpg

Panasonic L1 + ZD 40-150mm, 40mm
f/ 5.6, ISO 500

shooting into the sun is tough. It makes the subject have deep shadows or it can blow out the lighting in the background. You wouldn't normally think to use it, but a fill flash is what many photographers would use to help this shot.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
Thanks to everyone who commented on my last photo. Here is another one from the same day.

2280716216_bdb7c3dd48.jpg

Nikon D80, 18-70mm Nikkor

Good composure. The B & W looks amazing.

Fett, I loved your pic too. The colors on the grain Silo seemed a little too 'unnatural' to me... Maybe it's just the HDR-ing?

Anyways, here's one of my older pics. Rather sad when I think about it - I was on a walk when I came across this little guy who was making 'mewing' sounds. By the looks of it he'd been attacked by a Coyote :(.

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
Thanks to everyone who commented on my last photo. Here is another one from the same day.

Very nice!

Good composure. The B & W looks amazing.

Fett, I loved your pic too. The colors on the grain Silo seemed a little too 'unnatural' to me... Maybe it's just the HDR-ing?

Anyways, here's one of my older pics. Rather sad when I think about it - I was on a walk when I came across this little guy who was making 'mewing' sounds. By the looks of it he'd been attacked by a Coyote :(.

Interesting photo but sad story behind it.

Rusty grain silo: I know exactly what you mean, something about the colors just seems off. It was the first thing my wife said when she looked at it too. Now here is the funny thing the colors are only a little darker than the original photo. On this one I did the hdr but then blended an original exposure of the grain silo and another of the sky onto the hdr in photoshop to fix a couple of things I didn't like in the hdr. So the colors are still pretty close to the what I captured.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Carlos

A local fisherman, Carlos, volunteered to taste test some mighty fine tequila (El Conquistador reposado) after pulling his fishing boat (panga) ashore on the beach at Punta Lobos. This is a few miles south of Todos Santos, Baja California Sur on the Pacific side.

DSC_3179.JPG

Model: NIKON D50
Exposure: 1/160 sec
Aperture: f/6.3
Focal Length: 38mm

valdore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
hydepark.jpg

One handheld RAW // HDR
Shutter: 1/40
Aperture: f/16
Focal Length: 17 mm
ISO 100

that's a really cool shot, what building was that from....or from heli? I've never seen a tight shot of downtown K.C. before. I would be interested to see just to the left of the picture toward the sprint center.

Yeah, it was from a helicopter flight. The whole set can be seen here:
http://www.madnessmatrix.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=165

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...

This works for me 'cos it's simple and well lit. The warm(ish) light of late afternoon (?) picks out the bench... so the eye goes straigt to it. There's definitely a feeling that someone is missing (in UK these benches are dotted all over - usually good viewpoints, and usually with a little plaque on the backrest to commemorate someone).

Lightglance.com

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2008
Once again I'm amazed by your photos Valdore, the composition is wonderful, i like how the snow on the stairs seems to glow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.