Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
thank you for comments! I did do that last one with emphasis on the lighting in mind... I could darken the clouds to fill her in better and still accomplish that i think. there was plenty of detail in her shadow.;)

Ah, well... another day in paradise.:)
jL2198edit.jpg

Panasonic L1 + ZD 70-300mm (300mm)
1/1600 @ f/7.1, ISO 500

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Yes, that's a public footpath (Yorkshire Dales)

Firestorm? Nah... just a regular English summer... ;)

Tssk, english summers are great, you british just want to keep the foreigners out. I've been to the UK every year for the past 20+ years and I am still waiting to have bad weather. Talk about selfishness!

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Tssk, english summers are great, you british just want to keep the foreigners out. I've been to the UK every year for the past 20+ years and I am still waiting to have weather. Talk about selfishness!

Fair enough. I know a lot of landscape photographers like coming to the UK because the weather tomorrow is likely to be different to today. If you've seen no "weather"... you've been lucky. Summer 2007 never really happened at all...

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
Fair enough. I know a lot of landscape photographers like coming to the UK because the weather tomorrow is likely to be different to today. If you've seen no "weather"... you've been lucky. Summer 2007 never really happened at all...

summer of 2007 was great, we spent it in Bodmin Moor, Dartmoor. We managed to stay dry between Severn and Thames....

oblomow

macrumors 601
Apr 14, 2005
Netherlands
thank you for comments! I did do that last one with emphasis on the lighting in mind... I could darken the clouds to fill her in better and still accomplish that i think. there was plenty of detail in her shadow.;)

Ah, well... another day in paradise.:)
jL2198edit.jpg

Panasonic L1 + ZD 70-300mm (300mm)
1/1600 @ f/7.1, ISO 500

Nice tan, however her position on the board makes her ass look bigger than it is ( I guess). Did she see the result?

valdore

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
looseparksunrise.jpg

One tripod mounted RAW // HDR (albeit very subtle)
Shutter: 1/40
Aperture: f/22.6
Focal Length: 105 mm
ISO 100

Sunrise fog amid the snow - Loose Park, Kansas City, Missouri. This morning at about 7:30 AM.

otter

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2006
Darwin, NT
I think I may have posted a color version of this one a while back. I tend to prefer this one, though.

Mountains above Chamonix France.

2284840753_253dd70573_o.jpg

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
LOL - All your photos are of surfers and girls in bikini's. Do you really wish you were in a muddy, snowy field photographing a rusty old grain silo? ;)
ha ha, yeah... I did my time in the northern plains years ago and loved the winter thaws. My ancestors were all farmers and ranchers too. If there had been a beach out there, I might not have moved back to sunny Florida!;)

thinkband

macrumors regular
Dec 22, 2007
Another shot at Disneyland

I know its a bit noisy and dark. I wasn't sure if there was any way to fix that. My P&S sucks in low light conditions, but I liked the shot a bit better in black and white, giving it a little eery feel.

HollywoodTowerHotel.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Another shot at Disneyland

I know its a bit noisy and dark. I wasn't sure if there was any way to fix that. My P&S sucks in low light conditions, but I liked the shot a bit better in black and white, giving it a little eery feel.

HollywoodTowerHotel.jpg

I'm enjoying a glass of wine, so I'll try to be temperate... but, good grief, you don't 'fix' a pic that you've shot in the gloom. You shoot it in the light: a light that brings out the best in what you're photographing. The light differentiates what you want to be seen in the pic from what you're happy to leave in the shadows. So there's nothing wrong with your p&s...

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Feels like a photojournalism shot.

Well, you may be onto something there, although I'm not sure whether you think it's a negative or positive.

My approach is more often photojournalistic, and in that regard I tend to think of the story a bit more than the technique. I'm always hoping for, and looking for the natural light to make ordinary things more compelling and interesting to the eye. I usually shoot multiple images meant to compliment each other, always thinking "photo spread" for a feature story. So, when I go back through my images, I find it's not always easy to pick just that one perfect shot out of the available images when telling a story. So, when posting many of my shots here on the pic of the day, sometimes the ones I post are a bit lonely without their original complimentary pictures and background story. The wide, overall perspective shot, the intermediate range shots, activities, detail shots, tight portrait shots, etc. etc. Thats where a single pic may fall short, perhaps, by having to stand up alone for its visual interest. Some shots work, some don't.

That's why I appreciate the feedback. Cheers! :)

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
It's his corner..

While walking the dusty streets of Todos Santos, Baja California Sur, we came across a veterinarians office, where a prudent pooch was hanging out on the corner.

DSC_3162.JPG

Model: NIKON D50
ISO: 200
Exposure: 1/320 sec
Aperture: f/9.0
Focal Length: 18mm

onomatopoeia

macrumors 6502
Dec 9, 2007

Camera: Nikon D300
Lens: Sigma 10-20mm
ISO 200
Aperture f/8
Exposure Varies (7 image HDR)
Focal Length: 20mm

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
Fences: Keeping the animals in or keeping me out?

I always try an respect the property of others and not trespass in order to get the photo but it always seems the best photos are always 20 feet past the fence.

grizzlybrice

macrumors regular
Mar 10, 2005
Playa Del Rey, CA
2284771025_efcfc973b2.jpg

Some cross processing action. Took this for stock footage with my D70 and my 50mm f/1.8. Cheers. A bit late for Valentines Day, I know, but not too late to get the candy on sale! I had to watercolor in the lettering as the candy was stamped but not printed upon. Kinda therapeutic painting that letter, I gotta get back into model making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.