Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Doylem and pdxflint:

Thanks for the complements on the barn photo. My son and I got up in the middle of the night in order to get where we wanted to be for first light photos of the Tetons and then this barn. I have a large print of this photo in my office and it always brings fond memories of that cold morning a couple of years ago.

This is part of the reason why your barn is my kind of shot. For years I've gone places, sleeping in the back of my van (nice and private: no windows... but a mattress, lots of bedding and an alarm clock. :)). If dawn looks good, I'm up and about with my camera; if not, I roll over and have a few more ZZZZZ...

I may not travel too far - just around the north of England - but familiar places can look very different when the light is special. So, if I'm lucky with the light and the weather, I may be able to get a few pictures and some great memories. Good things happen when you put in a little time and effort and planning... and your picture is the proof. I bet the print looks great hanging on your wall...

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
picture1bi7.png

Vapor
New York City
D40 | HDR | Multiple Exposures | 18 mm | ISO 200

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
A couple of moderator notes...

based on the discussion that's cropped up in here recently. The general consensus on these "photo of the day" threads is that they are not the place for philosophical debate, or for dissing others' work. Please use other threads for that purpose (more for the debate than the dissing, hopefully :)).

If someone asks for comments/criticism, then fine, fire away.

Also, let's all try to stick to the one photo per day each, please. If a newbie gets excited, let's tell them (politely) - if it's a regular, then they should know better. ;)

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
Melting - comments/criticisms welcomed

Exposure: 1/125 sec at f/11
Focal length: 53mm
Lighting: Flash bounced off of reflector left of strawberry.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Wow :eek:, I like the photo, the soft texture is AWESOME :D

One of those photos where the surface is the picture. The lines and patterns are so delicate, it could almost be an etching. Having held a sheet of A4 paper against the screen, I think the pic might look better - a little more 'abstract' - with a small crop along the bottom.

Thanks timtam. I also really like your waterfront at night shot - kind of reminds me of Portland, OR.

Doylem, I agree the shot probably could benefit from a bit of a crop, but I was too lazy to do that... :p

bjett92

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2007
Indy, IN
Desolate.

(This was actually the pier in NYC where the Titanic was supposed to dock and was owned by White Star Line)

2239644770_8498716f22_b.jpg

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
Traditional Dress

How common is such dress in reality? It looks amazing, and quite comfortable. But am I seeing a holster on the side, and a sheath for a curved blade up front?! :eek: That would definitely be a clue for me not to mess with anyone all dressed up like that!

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Diminute frog

I took this pic of a very tiny frog (probably of the family Dendrobatidae, although I couldn't get a good look) during a recent entomology trip. The frog was about 2 cm long.

Canon Rebel XTi
100mm Macro + Ring Lite
f9, 1/200, ISO 100

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Winter surf

Taft, Oregon.

DSC_2541.JPG

Model: NIKON D50
Exposure: 1/400 sec
Aperture: f/13.0
Focal Length: 200mm w/ Nikkor 55-200 non-VR

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
double you tee ef?

neat, but...wtf lol?

I took the kids to the natural history museum yesterday. This was a caveman/mammoth display, there were other human skeletons wielding spears and rocks attacking a large mammoth skeleton. I thought it was funny that they placed this little caveman as getting stepped on by the mammoth, you can still see the expression on his face.

SLC

Wingnut330

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Central Ohio - USA
Well, here it is - my first picture. This was taken with my new camera ,directly out of the box at about 10PM last night. It's a shot of my new 52" Sony Bravia LCD / Mac Mini combo. I still have some wiring work to do, but it looks great so far. My plan is to hide everything in the new console, I just haven't gotten up the nerve to cut into it yet! :)

Attachments

• First Online.JPG
    First Online.JPG
    497.5 KB · Views: 167
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.