Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
Taft, Oregon.

DSC_2541.JPG

Model: NIKON D50
Exposure: 1/400 sec
Aperture: f/13.0
Focal Length: 200mm w/ Nikkor 55-200 non-VR

Fantastic shot!

I've been to Oregon a few times... It's incredibly beautiful :).

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
I took the kids to the natural history museum yesterday. This was a caveman/mammoth display, there were other human skeletons wielding spears and rocks attacking a large mammoth skeleton. I thought it was funny that they placed this little caveman as getting stepped on by the mammoth, you can still see the expression on his face.

SLC

oh, ahahah, I thought it was a screenshot from a video game or something, i was like :confused:

That is pretty funny. Would be a neat display to see.

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
This tread asking for some constructive criticism got me thinking. Would anyone be interesting in having a daily critique thread? Somewhere to post photos and receive feedback (maybe a rating out of 5). Leaving the photo of the day more for enjoying the excellent photos.

Just a thought, I'll leave it up to regulars to decide if it's a path worth going down.

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
This tread asking for some constructive criticism got me thinking. Would anyone be interesting in having a daily critique thread? Somewhere to post photos and receive feedback (maybe a rating out of 5). Leaving the photo of the day more for enjoying the excellent photos.

Just a thought, I'll leave it up to regulars to decide if it's a path worth going down.

I think thats an excellent idea! I would actually love to post some of the photos I had already posted in order get them scored by the "Mac-Family". I would say instead of starting a whole new thread, to just implement it on this because, if we started a new thread with critiques then people would just be putting their photos in that thread and neglecting this one.

Chillijam

macrumors member
I like the shot, it conveys a good sense of place, and the bike and guy sitting there sort of tell a little story, perhaps. I'm tempted to say, "straighten it" a bit, because of the tilt to the pole and the buildings, yet the wall by the street seems level enough. I'd play with that a bit. It's a nice shot, and you did a good job cropping. Best advice - keep looking, keep shooting, vary your angles, avoid direct light, have fun

Thanks for the feedback, pdxflint. After the weekend I've just had, I appreciate these positive comments. I know what you mean about straightening, but I took the decision to leave the base of the wall as my horizontal reference - using the pole as a vertical made the bike look odd somehow. Perhaps there could have been a bit more of a compromise there, though.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Another day's end

Road's End beach, Lincoln City, Oregon.

DSC_5852.JPG

Model: NIKON D50
Exposure: 1/200 sec
Aperture: f/11.0
Focal Length: 55mm w/18-55 kit lens

Maldini

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2007
Riyadh
How common is such dress in reality? It looks amazing, and quite comfortable. But am I seeing a holster on the side, and a sheath for a curved blade up front?! :eek: That would definitely be a clue for me not to mess with anyone all dressed up like that!

LoL yeah it is comfortable, but this type of dress is only used on special occasions and on national holidays, this is what the bedoine used to wear in the past :D

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
DSC_5852.JPG

Lovely mood on this shot (especially from the standpoint of an English winter ;)).

But, for me, the bottom half of the pic adds nothing. If you trim it away, it might 'tighten up' the composition, and accentuate the 'horizontality' of the shot (if that's a word...). And the flare, top left, is a tad distracting. Would this be a candidate for a bit of judicious tinkering in Photoshop? Then stick a frame around it, and hang it on the wall...

BTW, about a separate thread for 'constructive criticism'... I kinda thought this was it. We've had a couple of disagreements in recent days, but really on behalf of other people. That is: I've heard no-one complain that comments about their own photos have been unfair or unkind. Of course, they may have taken offense and simply stopped posting... but I don't think so.

Can we assume that comments are welcome, unless someone specifically says "no comments"??

The comments I have read seem sincere, well-meant and relevant. And, anyway, they're only opinions. No-one needs to take any notice of them...

Flowero4ka

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2008
ha ha we call those 'florida pigeons'.:p Nice image, seriously. I think the lens flare is a bonus.:)

Something simple for me today from the yard, testing a lens firmware update...:rolleyes:

red.jpg

Lumix L1+Zuiko Digital 70-300mm 4-5.6
1/250 sec @ f/5.2, ISO 500
226mm

Very positive!!! I like it!

"Cocoon"

2228897362_1ce47be4ca_o.jpg

D2X+10,5mm

PERFECT!!! Is it an early evening or an early morning?

Melting - comments/criticisms welcomed

Exposure: 1/125 sec at f/11
Focal length: 53mm
Lighting: Flash bounced off of reflector left of strawberry.

A bit mystically! I love colors here!

Me, My Camera, and The Sign

2241433370_3dcfdc6209.jpg

critiques ? :D

Very originally! Nice sense of photo!

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
DSC_5852.JPG

Lovely mood on this shot (especially from the standpoint of an English winter ;)).

But, for me, the bottom half of the pic adds nothing. If you trim it away, it might 'tighten up' the composition, and accentuate the 'horizontality' of the shot (if that's a word...). And the flare, top left, is a tad distracting.

Mmh, just my opinion but I really like the sand along the bottom half of the frame... It adds a bit of contrast to the picture, which I like.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Kids having fun on Lake Windermere: lashing three canoes together and sailing home. There's a guy at the back, in charge, but he's laid back, taking it easy.

The kids look like they're going to remember this day for a long time...

kidsoj1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.