Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Also, if you wouldnt mind sharing the full res of your photo for today i would love to have it as a wallpaper. I recently got into Yoga, and i love the serenity your photo send out to me.

If you PM me, I'll be happy to send you a full-size version.

792385775_yvHgx-L.jpg

I like the way you've shot into the sun without creating a bucket-load of flare.

crum.jpg

BarryJ

macrumors 6502a
Nov 8, 2007
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Christmas Cactus

Messing about with the Sony DSC F717... using the "Macro" mode to take a tripod mounted shot of this late Christmas Cactus bloom. Original was a Tiff converted to jpeg for posting.

4372822119_4b2511ce73.jpg

iso 100 22mm f4 1/500

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
Famous Lady

she flew her plane not far from this spot.

Attachments

• IMG_1819.JPG
    IMG_1819.JPG
    707.3 KB · Views: 79
  • IMG_1820.JPG
    IMG_1820.JPG
    918 KB · Views: 80

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Orthadox Church

Taken today in Mt. Cobb, Pennsylvania. I finally got outside and drove around and did some shooting. There are a metric buttload of churches in the Northeastern PA region, and there are about a tenth of a metric buttload of Onion-domed ones. When the sun hits the crosses, they light up like they're on fire. I think I'm going to have to visit a lot of spots and try to catch them bit by bit over time. Too much snow on the ground for my primary sites today- a boulder field and a town abandoned because of a coal fire set in 1961 that's still burning today.

Attachments

• _PDR2929sm2.jpg
    _PDR2929sm2.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 81

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC

This was taken in lower antelope canyon earlier this summer. It some how slipped by when I was doing my selection edits from the trip and I recently rediscovered it while cleaning out my LR library.

pilotkid

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2006
Chandler, AZ

This was taken in lower antelope canyon earlier this summer. It some how slipped by when I was doing my selection edits from the trip and I recently rediscovered it while cleaning out my LR library.

I went on a field trip there back when I was in high school. It was amazing, unfortunately I wasn't near as interested in photography as I am now. I want to go back, its about a 5 hour drive from where I live.

grassland

macrumors 6502
Sep 29, 2009
But where did she land? My wife actually had some Amelia Earhart luggage! I told her she had to have luggage from a successful flight...

interesting...she left Harbour Grace Nfld.@7:30pm and landed in cow pasture at Culmore near Londonderry Northern Irreland and travelled 2,026 milesin 14 hours and 54 minutes.

panoz7

macrumors 6502a
Nov 21, 2005
Raleigh, NC
The full version is a spectacular desktop picture on my 27" iMac! :) Thanks for sharing this one.

Glad you liked it.

I went on a field trip there back when I was in high school. It was amazing, unfortunately I wasn't near as interested in photography as I am now. I want to go back, its about a 5 hour drive from where I live.

It's definitely worth a 5 hour drive. Hell, it was a 35 hour drive from where I live, and it was still worth it. It's pretty much as close to photographer heaven as you can get.

If you plan on going back sometime make sure to plan the trip a few months in advance and try to get permits to visit the wave. It's about a 30 minute drive outside of page and is equally as impressive as antelope canyon. I took this photo there during my last visit. They limit the permits to 20 per day so they can be difficult to get, but the lack of tourists makes it all the better once you get there.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
4374744744_e5e81a9d84.jpg

I went on a shoot at a very interesting location today with some friends. I have a lot more photos to edit and upload. It was fun.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
What do you guys use to upload pictures? and do most of yall edit the pictures or just link them in the thread as is?

I upload my photos on flickr and then upload the medium sized shots. Depending on the shot, I'll slightly or more heavily edit a photo. And I think that photoshop can be a form of art in itself.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
What do you guys use to upload pictures? and do most of yall edit the pictures or just link them in the thread as is?

A lot of these photos are linked from various online sources like Flickr. If you download a photo and go to Get Info, the line Where From will have the link used. I used this to settle on ImageShack. Most of these photos have some editing done to them with PhotoShop, LightRoom, Aperture and so on.

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.