Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Airforce

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
Love it, great composition!!! So did the dollar bill end up not burning?

Not burned at all. 1 part water 2 parts 91% rubbing alchohol. The alchohol burns but the water keeps the bill from actually getting burnt. Notice, though, that I only did it with a $1... better safe than sorry ;)

Good, because if you had burned that money, you could of ended up serving time :p (Title 18, Section 333 of the United States Code )

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Hey i was checking some Photoshop tutorials and i found this.
did you use the same technique?

Yes-- I had linked to it in the post where I showed one of my images with this technique. It's fun and it's easy! Here's another....

p600459949.jpg

xcalibre

macrumors regular
May 18, 2007
Zeus's temple
dsc0029kx5.jpg

1/250
f/8
not a particularly great one, but i couldn't show you the gate and not show you the temple! :D

Skyburning

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2007
ClixPix, is there anyway to get rid of the line produced by this tutorial? Both of my pictures have had that line in the top middle of the circle.

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    509.8 KB · Views: 82

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Zeus's temple
http://img70.imageshack.us/img70/5131/dsc0029kx5.jpg
1/250
f/8
not a particularly great one, but i couldn't show you the gate and not show you the temple! :D

Sounds OK to me. Sometimes you don't want people to say "Great picture!"... you maybe want them to say "Great place!"... Go somewhere interesting, photograph it in a 'revealing' light: job done. :)

You bast**ds. You put me in the bath, so I smell like a Turkish bordello. And then you want to take my picture...

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
Impressive photos, but remember that post-processing can help you a lot in your photos.

The second picture could have been better with a slower shutter speed.:)

Thanks, I kinda shot and ran. Was surprised that the wave shot was such a high shutter speed considering the light. Was expecting more of that flowing water over the stream rocks effect. I could have played with contrast and other things, but this was more of a documentary than art shot.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
ClixPix, is there anyway to get rid of the line produced by this tutorial? Both of my pictures have had that line in the top middle of the circle.

From what I understand, the system splits up the original image, kind of like a jigsaw puzzle, but it at some point has to have a central core. One thing I do instead of doing the cropping as the final step is to crop at the 4th step; I find it a little easier to then work with the image. I am not the one who created the tutorial; someone on Nikon Cafe told us about it and so I tried it....only to immediately get hooked! :) Love the colors in yours!

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2001/2180159040_c57d47ef5a_b.jpg

Taken this evening (technically yesterday) in Waterloo, Iowa, US and A. I greatly appreciate any and all (constructive) criticism.

Looks like an interesting (and photogenic) bridge. I have just one suggestion, for this and other night shots where the sky is black. Try shooting when there's still some light in the sky; that's after sunset, but before the sky gets too dark. Tripod... of course.

You'd have another colour to play with, to contrast with the streetlights and lights inside the bridge. More 'ambient light' will also help with the lights... and stop them being rendered as burnt-out highlights. Your shot is OK... but, if you pick the right moment, it could be really magical...

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Castle Howard, Yorkshire: one of the self-styled 'Treasure Houses of England'. That is: a vast, pretentious palace built with money 'earned' by grinding the faces of the peasants into the dirt, and then burning their hovels down, so they wouldn't spoil the view... :mad: tourists love it... :)

swanandcastlehowardlg8.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.