Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
2176349606_88b35b23d8.jpg

Picture of my desk and i made the hue blue

How did you change the hue to blue, and also kept some white?

Jan 30, 2006

I am going to guess he used Photoshop, but I'm also interested in which way you achieved to leave the white parts of the iPod intact.

Did you selected what you wanted to keep intact?

Jan 30, 2006
Underexposure FYI: It is often best to underexpose than to overexpose. Once you blow the highlights by overexposing, you can not recover them. One stop underexposure is right where I like my images from the camera to be.

Well, I have read quite the opposite. In a book I bought about Photoshop CS3, they talk about "Exposing Right", which basically states that it is better to over-expose a little bit (obviously not too much, since what you say about blowing the highlights is bad).

One quick tip they give you is to check the Highlights viewer in your camera, and when the first highlights start to appear, then stop there.

Of course, one should always target to expose correctly always.:)

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007

I did it at school in Photoshop CS3 during a study hall. I don't have CS3 but my friend was helping me so i don't really know the names of the things you need to do it. He highlighted them to ignore the hue change or something.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Doylem...the last two pictures were really really cool. That really is weird lighting! and your pictures take advantage of it perfectly!

Thanks for that. 'Strange' light may not last long... but at least it actually happens (ie it isn't just the product of some Photoshop plug-in).

Good = a whole new dimension to even the most familiar places. Bad = I get wet a lot. :)

Remote farm in the Yorkshire Dales, marooned on the shores of a misty ocean...

mistycoverdalegg9.jpg

seniorstinky

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2007
Phoenix, AZ
2177365274_6ca7ff7056.jpg

Having fun for a theme photo group. My resolution, not to "burn" my money. :)

Had a interesting time trying to get the bill lit and then photograph it. Used a candle but the mix I had dipped the dollar in would sometimes extinguish the flame before the mix could light.

Exposure at 1/20 sec to get more flames than just if I'd had a normal fast shutter for flash.
Focal Length: 28 mm
ISO Speed: 400

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
Having fun for a theme photo group. My resolution, not to "burn" my money. :)

Had a interesting time trying to get the bill lit and then photograph it. Used a candle but the mix I had dipped the dollar in would sometimes extinguish the flame before the mix could light.

Exposure at 1/20 sec to get more flames than just if I'd had a normal fast shutter for flash.
Focal Length: 28 mm
ISO Speed: 400

Love it, great composition!!! So did the dollar bill end up not burning?

That was fun.

How on earth did you do this? Its fantastic! Please give us a detailed procedure?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.