Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Airforce

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
I love this new camera!

Olympus E410
ISO100
23mm
F/4.6
1/320​

Attachments

• logan-swing-1080509.jpg
    logan-swing-1080509.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 113

miranda.danny

macrumors member
May 29, 2007
Providence, RI
Home on the Range

I took this photo while visiting Devil's Thumb Ranch in Tabernash, Colorado. There is a small stable along one of the snowshoe trails.

Camera: Canon EOS XTi
Lens: Tamron 17-50 f2.8 @ 23mm
ISO: 100
Exposure: 1/500 @ f/5.6

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
"Dumpster infrastructure" ...and take note of the partially dismantled vacuum cleaner a few paces back.

dumpster.jpg

Three handheld RAWs // HDR
Shutter: varied
Aperture: f/4.0
Focal Length: 17mm
ISO 100

valdore

macrumors 65816
Jan 9, 2007
Kansas City, Missouri. USA
WOW. Why is it that I am never able to make good HDRs?:(

What shutter speeds did you used?

The shutter speeds for the three source images were all tiny fractions of a second - when a scene is well lit enough to take multiple handheld source images, I shoot in Aperture priority with the widest aperture opening possible, activate the bracketing function and the burst mode function at the same time, and just try to be perfectly still and hold the shutter until you hear it go three times.

But anyway, I guess you just need a varied enough scene in the first place for an HDR to turn out well - and a scene that you can see with your own eyes that is varied enough in dynamic range in the first place that capturing it with the camera brings out that dynamic range, and voila, you have an HDR image.

:)

This is probably a pathetic stitch job to the professionals out there. It was fun tho!
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee126/surferRob_photos/airseries.jpg

Looks great to me, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference. :)

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005

freebooter

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2005
Daegu, South Korea
Joy

Monk_at_play_web.jpg

Joy
Luang Prabang, Laos
December 28, 2007.
Nikon D40x + Nikkor 18-200mm
f 8 @ 1/250 s
iso 200​

Some monks at play in the Nam Khan river. People in Luang Prabang use the Nam Khan and Mekong rivers for washing, transportation, irrigation and, of course, play.

The trip I took in November/December marked my first attempt at travel photography. Upon review of the pictures, I find that most of the good ones are people oriented. I was reluctant at times, however, to intrude into people's daily lives with my camera. I missed dozens of wonderful opportunities as a result. Next time I'll be bolder, in a respectful kind of way. ;)

Jan 30, 2006
This photo was inspired from Clix Pix photos.:)

Nothing near as good, but nonetheless, it was fun.

Nikon D40x
Nikkor 80-200

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
lucky shot of the day!:p I'd say the real credit goes to that rainbow's maker...
and the maker of waves!:D

This is probably a pathetic stitch job to the professionals out there. It was fun tho!
airseries.jpg

You say you were lucky to get the rainbow shot. Well, kinda... The important thing is that you were there at the time, with your camera at the ready. that's making your own luck, I reckon...

The surfing 'trio' is great.. 'Pathetic' stitch job? I don't think so. I can't see the join...

Presumaby, you sell a lot of your surfing pix. And I'll bet there isn't a surfer alive who wouldn't want a pic like this hanging on their wall, showing them at their best...

.JahJahwarrior.

macrumors 6502
Jan 1, 2007
School_by_ProjektionStudios.jpg

Pentax *ist Ds
January 9th, 2008
135mm/2.8
ISO 400
1/80s

A shot from a lake of part of my campus here at UCF. The stadium is on my right, the building you see is Tower 4, a dorm, and to its left, a parking garage.

epicwelshman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2006
Nassau, Bahamas
http://www.valdorephoto.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/01/garmentdist1.jpg

One tripod mounted RAW // HDR
Shutter: 13 sec.
Aperture: f/11.3
Focal Length: 17mm
ISO 100

I've made many an HDR in my time, including some from a single RAW file, but they never seem to turn out all that well. If I'm being honest I'm not a huge HDR fan, and obviously not all photos work well being HDR (for example I loved your "Western Auto" photo which wasn't HDR).

Anyway, I do like some of your HDR's a lot, especially this one. What kind of settings are you using for your single RAW HDR's? I generally use the exposure compensation and +/- 2 from the original. They never really work all that well though.

GT41

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I like the composition and different tonality - white/grey - of the snow on the ground... but I'd probably crop the bottom 25-30% of the pic...

Thanks, I just took it straight from the camera no adjustments. I agree probably cropping the extra snow at the bottom would make for a better picture.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.