Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

otter

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2006
Darwin, NT
Lot of yapping going on so I'll add a pic. :)

Tsukiji Fish Market, Tokyo, Japan

2214072194_9caa9d7930_o.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Where shopping carts go...

Grocery stores in this neighborhood (inner NW Portland) unintentionally lend their carts to area residents to get the groceries home - a typical scene.

crossing%20st%20w_%20shopping%20cart.jpg

Canon EOS 630
Canon 28-80
Kodak Tri-x 400

Chillijam

macrumors member

I love that shot. I have to say that the more extreme HDR stuff that you post, although compositionally great and technically adept, doesn't really float my boat - it's just a personal preference thing, sorry ;). This one, though, has had me enthralled for far longer than I usually spend looking at the pictures in his thread. I love the duality of the reflected image against the first-angle "real" buildings. I took an inferior version of this shot on the waterfront in Seattle last year, but this is so far ahead of that shot I can't find words to express it.

Marc

weinrdog

macrumors newbie
Oct 25, 2007
o-HI-o
Taking a break while building a swingset...

The 'bracketing' generations ...

Connor%2004-01-06_00a.JPG

Nikon D50
Kit 18-55 lens @ 55.
Shutter: 1/125
ISO: 200
Aperture: F5.6

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
1/1000 sec :eek: Better, surely, to lower the shutter speed and stick to an 'optimum' aperture of f11-ish??

Nice shot... but somehow I'm looking for a 'focus': ie the stuff that's silhouetted isn't enough to hold the interest.

Thanks for the advice! :)

You see, though, I'm a total noob to photography (not even being modest here or anything :p) and have little to no idea on how to change shutter speed, aperture, or exposure. I just read it from what the camera told me when i loaded it into the computer.. It was set to "auto" when I took it.

I could go re-take it though.. I'll try and do what you suggested. (although I may not be able to, since my camera is a thoroughly consumer-oriented Canon Powershot that cost less then $300 when I bought it 3 years ago..

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Thanks for the advice! :)

You see, though, I'm a total noob to photography (not even being modest here or anything :p) and have little to no idea on how to change shutter speed, aperture, or exposure. I just read it from what the camera told me when i loaded it into the computer.. It was set to "auto" when I took it.

I could go re-take it though.. I'll try and do what you suggested. (although I may not be able to, since my camera is a thoroughly consumer-oriented Canon Powershot that cost less then $300 when I bought it 3 years ago..

Well, everyone's a 'noob' at some point. :)

I don't know anything about your camera, but there's presumably some way to get manual exposure (ie you're in control... not the camera). It's easier (and cheaper) to learn about photography with digital, rather than film. So just keep shooting and you'll soon learn the tricks of the trade. You've obviously got a good eye for a composition... so there's a good start...

Dfndr90

macrumors regular
Nov 27, 2006
Thoughts

It's a couple of days old but I thought this was a better place to get feedback.

Attachments

• DJ Double.jpg
    DJ Double.jpg
    450.5 KB · Views: 69

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
Winter wheat

I took this today at sunset and from the photo you would never guess that it was -12C.

Exposure: 1/200 at f/20
Focal length: 30 mm
ISO 100
Flash did fire

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Winter wheat

I took this today at sunset and from the photo you would never guess that it was -12C.

Exposure: 1/200 at f/20
Focal length: 30 mm
ISO 100
Flash did fire

It's a nice photo, but the flash kinda takes away from it. But I personally dislike flash in pretty much any photo.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.