Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Macattackphoto

macrumors newbie
Dec 17, 2007
"Happy Drops"

2217945994_9c2b014676_o.jpg

That shot is breathtaking! Solracselbor, your photos are one of the primary reasons I visit this forum. You have the best HDR photos I have ever seen and I say that with the utmost sincerity and honesty.

Mr. G4

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2002
Rohnert Park, CA
Leper_King.jpg

The Leper King
Terrace of the Leper King, Angkor Thom, Cambodia.

Nikon D40x
15s @ f 8
iso 800
Nikkor-H 28mm f 3.5
Hoya 72R Infrared pass filter​

Located within the enormous Angkor Thom complex, this enigmatic statue presents one of Angkor's many mysteries.
It may depict one of the two Khmer kings who according to legend suffered from leprosy, or Yama, their god of Death, or.... Modern buddhists drape the nude form and burn incense in respect.

MartinC, Xcalibre, Doylem--Nice work!

I really like this IR picture...would you like to share with us your workflow?
I just bough a used lens and an IR Hoya 72R came with it but can't seem to get picture like yours.
Thanks

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
That shot is breathtaking! Solracselbor, your photos are one of the primary reasons I visit this forum. You have the best HDR photos I have ever seen and I say that with the utmost sincerity and honesty.

Thank you very much for your kind words; they mean a lot.

Here's another one. It's a bit different from what I usually post:

2205328166_eafc80c8fa_o.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Moving up the Columbia at dawn..

I took an early morning stroll along the banks of the Columbia River in Vancouver, WA with my little old point and shoot.

img_0019.JPG

Model: Canon PowerShot A95
Exposure: 1/2000 sec
Aperture: f/8.0
Focal Length: 9.6mm

carlgo

macrumors 68000
Dec 29, 2006
Monterey CA
The Edale valley, Derbyshire, UK: not a 'real' panorama, just a crop from a wide-agle shot...
<snip image>

Doylem, I love your shots, but have two complaints. One is your frequent use of a remote-controlled swan and the other is that you have a never-ending supply of special clouds. No fair:D

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Doylem, I love your shots, but have two complaints. One is your frequent use of a remote-controlled swan and the other is that you have a never-ending supply of special clouds. No fair:D

Thanks (and to SolracSelbor too...).

A mate of mine recently said my landscapes were 'still lives', and there's probably an element that suggests 'time stood still'. I try to lock all the elements of a pic together, at the moment I press the shutter... which is why I keep the compositions simple.

I do spent a ridiculous amount of time on the details, which no-one else might notice. Swans have to look their best; sheep have to be facing the right way. Even the right sort of expression on a sheep's face. :)

As for the clouds and the light. Well, in the UK we don't have too many extremes. We don't have the biggest, or smallest, or highest or broadest... but we do have a big variety in the weather. So a breezy day with broken cloud cover will offer hundreds of different picture-taking options in the space of a few hours. Big blue skies don't do much for me; the light is too 'scattered'. So the weather forecast I wait for is 'changeable'...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.