Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

abijnk

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Polar bear at San Diego Zoo

This bear was having so much fun with his ball! I took it through the thick, dirty glass (actually its probably acrylic, but who's counting...) so it's not the greatest, but I still think its cute. :)

Attachments

• PolarBear.jpg
    PolarBear.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 137

epicwelshman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2006
Nassau, Bahamas
You've shot this at the best time of day... while there's still some light in the sky to contrast or harmonise with the floodlighting. It works well... but, wow, that is one crap piece of public sculpture. :eek:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe it's either a real one, or a replica of a native American/Canadian statue in a sense. I learnt about them years ago, but obviously the knowledge didn't stick. i think essentially they were used as markers, or messages. Either way, it's a little deeper than a simple sculpture.

I see a photo that I really like a lot, but that strangely, makes me feel
as though I want to walk out into the ocean portrayed there.
Still really like it a lot though!

Carl, I'm confused. Are there words missing from your comment, i.e., do you mean that you don't want to walk in the ocean?

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
A hawk i saw today in the Boston Commons

Attachments

• Hawk 1 Edit Crop.jpg
    Hawk 1 Edit Crop.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 84

timtam

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2007
BaLi
I like this pic but, those tram wires bugging me.

Attachments

• Flinders Station.JPG
    Flinders Station.JPG
    218.8 KB · Views: 105

Martin C

macrumors 6502a
Nov 5, 2006
New York City
Martin, please indulge me on your method of making your recent photos look old. I love it.
Thanks, your HDR creations have been my inspiration to become more familiar with the technique. Do you have a flickr account so that I can add you as a contact?

The method that I have been using is quite simple.

1) I search through flickr for photographers who allow people to download high-resolution files of textures for layering in one's own work. The texture that I used on my latest post in this thread came from NinianLif's texture set on flickr.

This group on flickr has loads and loads of textures available for download.

2) Once you have picked your texture open up CS3 with the texture and photograph you want to apply it to.

3) Simply layer the texture on top of photograph. Once you have done that, you can edit the saturation, contrast, levels, etc. on the texture to your liking.

4) Take out your eraser tool. I've been using mine at about 200 pixels wide but it really depends on how large your photos are when you edit. Set the opacity of the eraser at around 25% and start erasing away at the top layer (the texture) to reveal your photograph on the layer below it. Once you have erased to your liking, you can lower the opacity and use smaller erasers for touch-ups.

5) That's it. From there you can do any edits that you generally apply before flattening the image.

CP1091

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2007
I was playing around with some things and took this picture. It's just a picture of my cat that I was very surprised when it came out very well.

Attachments

• Otis1.jpg
    Otis1.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 75

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
been a while!

this time I'm working with a 4x5 view camera, and Ilford HP5 film.

Scanned negative. Savannah, Georgia. 2008.
coldCurves.jpg

Maldini

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2007
Riyadh
I think i just discovered a new species of...I'm not sure what this is :confused:

Attachments

• 2222531762_76b528a8fd_b.jpg
    2222531762_76b528a8fd_b.jpg
    344.4 KB · Views: 80

timtam

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2007
BaLi
I agree. Without those wires, that pic would be excellent. Try to photoshop them out...it'll be quite the feat if you could pull it off. It's still a nice pic though.

Lol, yeah photoshop those thing will take some effort.

Really? I think they make it dynamic and balanced.

Its nice comment from both of you, believe it or not, That picture was the 1st day I play around with my new SLR, Thanks so much, it motivates me big time :D. Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.