Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

marclapierre13

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2005
picture2qe6.png

Rush
New York City
D40 | HDR | 1/13 at ƒ/4.5 | 18 mm | ISO 800

I love it! great photo.

seenew

macrumors 68000
Dec 1, 2005
Brooklyn
Corner of Broughton and Abercorn, Savannah, Georgia. 2008.
Scanned 4x5 negative.

1s @ f/45, Ilford HP5 ASA400

BroughtonAndAbercorn.jpg

M@lew

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Usually I wouldn't post something this big, but since flickr doesn't like giving me a slightly smaller image here it is. Plus I think it looks a lot better large.

Chillijam

macrumors member
The Shot Tower - Chester - Cheshire - UK

This is a snap* of the shot tower in Chester**. I was working in the offices right beside it for about 10 months, and the day I took this picture the lighting just made it look that bit more interesting than it had at any other time.

There are some more shots here if you want to take a look.

* I won't dignify it with calling it anything other than a snap since the composition is not great, and this is a direct post of my P&S output.
** Exact location, if anyone cares.

Attachments

• ShotTower.JPG
    ShotTower.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 71

Flowero4ka

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2008
Happy New Year everyone.

I was in Florida for a week with my family. Was too busy relaxing to take pictures at some of the more scenic places of the area, so one nice sunny day I snapped a few walking in/around the house.

2154240430_3166ca9110_o.jpg

Nikon D300
7-200 VR @ 200mm
f/3.5
1/100 second
ISO 200

HM-m-m-m.............. PERFECT!!!! VERY POSITIVE! I've just wanted to buy Nikon D300 to create such brilliant and lively photos!!! THANK YOU!

Wow, gorgeous photo.

WOW!!! I'm at a loss for words... m-m-m... THANK YOU!!! VERY NICE and UNIQUE... So great to have perfect camera and photo talent. You have both. PERFECT!

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
HM-m-m-m.............. PERFECT!!!! VERY POSITIVE! I've just wanted to buy Nikon D300 to create such brilliant and lively photos!!! THANK YOU!

Don't mind seeing this pic again; one of the best up here. But my own vote for 'Picture of the month' goes to this one from Freebooter...

<<drumroll>>

youngnoldcopy.jpg

Some pix you take a peek at... then move on. But this one I could look at every day... like hearing a favourite piece of music. You could write a dozen stories or allegories, based on this one image... or it could be a 'still' from an Indiana Jones movie. Great stuff...

§HAMU§

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2006
raleigh, nc
camera: canon rebel xt
lens: ts-e 24mm f/3.5L
focal length: 24mm
aperture: f/3.5
shutter: 1/1000
iso: 100
filter: none

raleigh, shrunk

Chillijam

macrumors member
The landscape is absolutely bewitching. Heaven on Earth! I wish I lived in a plce like that:)

I'm sure Doylem will agree with me on this... You might change your mind in the depths of winter when the rain is being blown horizontally into you at 45 MPH. I love the Northern UK (I'm a Yorkshireman myself), but I sometimes wish the weather were like that in the photo more of the time. :)

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
The landscape is absolutely bewitching. Heaven on Earth! I wish I lived in a plce like that:)

Yes, it's a beautiful part of the country. My tumbledown shack is where the little girl is pointing. But, as Chilljam points out, it can be wet and cold and dreary too. At times like this I wonder if I should have invested in some insulation... instead of cameras and broadband. ;)

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
What do you mean by psuedo? I'm pretty sure the ts-e 24mm f/3.5L is an actual tilt-shift lens.

Damn. That will teach me to check out the EXIF (that I quoted, even!) before commenting. :eek: For whatever reason I've been looking at a lot of the pseudo t-s shots online recently, and I guess I forgot people actually still use the real thing sometimes.

chicosalgueiro

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2008
Porto, Portugal
Awaiting divine inspiration

My first post EVER on Macrumors.Been reading it 5 years (since I switched to Mac, with my current TiPBG4). Love this thread, very high quality work here.
C&C are welcome :) Thanks
This is a seagull at my city. (Oporto)

2224028140_110f91f61f_d.jpg

RAW
ISO:200 (?) don't have EXIF here
focal length:200mm
f/stop:4
Shutter speed:1/200

Visit my Flickr @ chicosalgueiro's flickr gallery

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.