Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
I like this pic but, those tram wires bugging me.

Erm... if you're photographing a town that has electric trams, then the wires are just part of what makes the town tick. Instead of thinking they're in the way of your shot, maybe you could make them a feature of your picture. Maybe include a tram.

Going to Photoshop is like taking asprin: OK once in a while, but not ten times a day.:)

otter

macrumors 6502
Jul 18, 2006
Darwin, NT
Somewhere near Kyoto Japan, I think.

2222604822_250f65d0cd_o.jpg

epicwelshman

macrumors 6502a
Apr 6, 2006
Nassau, Bahamas
Why do pictures in Firefox look washed out compared to Safari?

It has to do with colour profiles. Safari can read the exact colour profile of an image, thus displaying it properly. Firefox assumes you're using an sRGB profile, so if your photos aren't using RGB, they'll look awful. Until Firefox 3 is released, the easiest way to combat this is to make sure you save with an embedded sRGB profile.

SolracSelbor

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2007
Heres a picture of the rock in morro bay.

Ive posted this one before, but I'm posting it again just to compare the day shot and the night shot:
2193654287_6a4e6430b8_o.jpg

Model: PENTAX K10D
Focal Length: 18 mm
ISO Speed: 100

2198189293_4e58be561e_o.jpg

Model: PENTAX K10D
Shutter Speed: 822300/10000 second
F Number: F/4.0
Focal Length: 23 mm
ISO Speed: 100

FastEddy

macrumors regular
Dec 8, 2007
North Californie
Wing Walkers enjoying the show. Al Ain International Aerobatic Show '08

Why do pictures in Firefox look washed out compared to Safari?

FireFox has been optimized for the winders world ... :p

Safari has been optimized for your Mac ... :cool:

There are ways to reset the color reproduction characteristics of FireFox for the Apple world, but it can get complicated and tedious without one of those color tune up gadgets. :eek:

Schnebar

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
California
My first photo for my photography class this semester.

We were supposed to do a creative self portrait.

Any advice? I might re do it because it is not due until Wednesday?

Everythingisnt

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Vancouver
My first photo for my photography class this semester.

We were supposed to do a creative self portrait.

Any advice? I might re do it because it is not due until Wednesday?

That looks very interesting! I don't think you'd need to re-do it.

Out of curiosity, how did you set up the shot?

Schnebar

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2006
California
That looks very interesting! I don't think you'd need to re-do it.

Out of curiosity, how did you set up the shot?

Thanks. Well I have been working for like 3 days getting it set up. It has been raining here and I thought I could use it to my advantage.

First I tried different surfaces to get the shot and I got to the black tint glass on my car. The problem is that it was rainy and not sunny outside so the lighting was bad and you could not make out my face. Finally today it was sunny for a bit and I tried to use the side view mirror on my car. I set my mom's Nikon D70 with a sigma 70-300mm lens on macro mode on a tripod and focused it on the drops. Then I moved to the other-side and looked at the camera through the reflection from various positions. Most of my shots were too close and just made my nose look huge. Out of the few when I was far back this one was the best. The glass was kind of dirty so I touched it up in photoshop a little bit. You can see the frame of my car door in the picture.

The reason I might want to re do it is because I think I can get the background clearer and the drops more round.

I might just leave it how it is and maybe retake it in April when I get a real Macro lens and the new Rebel XSi.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.