Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Maldini

macrumors regular
Nov 21, 2007
Riyadh
Well I know this has nothing to do with photo of the day..but i cant hide my excitement over my last purchase, the Nikkor 50mm 1.4D :D:D
This is my first lens other than the kit 18-55mm & 70-300.
BTW can anyone please explain the term "Bokah"? is it the DOF or simply the blurring ?!
2227555695_804951e944.jpg

§HAMU§

macrumors member
Jun 30, 2006
raleigh, nc
camera: canon rebel xt
lens: ts-e 24mm f/3.5L
focal length: 24mm
aperture: f3.5
shutter: 1/1250
iso: 100
filter: none

beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice

fett

macrumors 6502
Nov 5, 2007
Calgary, AB
I am just going to post what I posted on your flickr:):

"Kevin, your work continues to stun me. I have been wanting to do some simple projects like this,and the water one, but I need to buy some good flashes and peripherals.
I look forward to seeing more from you, its very inspirational!"
I like the way you take simple objects and make stunning images!

Thanks Marc, that is a very nice compliment.

This is what a really love about flickr and posting here. It's always interesting to me seeing which photos people respond too compared to my own reaction, which can be stronger based on my personal attachment. I think one thing I need to learn is too see my photos the same way as someone seeing them for the first time, only then can I really critique them and improve.

juanm

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2006
Fury 161
My first submission!

2228896884_87360a5a37_o.jpg

Uncropped, bumped contrast.

(For those who really want to know, I just checked, and it was made with the D2X and the Nikkor 105)

Flowero4ka

macrumors regular
Jan 24, 2008
Don't mind seeing this pic again; one of the best up here. But my own vote for 'Picture of the month' goes to this one from Freebooter...

<<drumroll>>

youngnoldcopy.jpg

Some pix you take a peek at... then move on. But this one I could look at every day... like hearing a favourite piece of music. You could write a dozen stories or allegories, based on this one image... or it could be a 'still' from an Indiana Jones movie. Great stuff...

I'm sorry I do not really understand what did you mean by saying "Don't mind seeing this pic again" ?? Do you think, it's unique or you don't like it... ?

I'm glad you like too the pix I took a peek at...

It was hard to get some colour into this as it was a very dull day....

800_-_IMGP0560.jpg

What camera did you use?

camera: canon rebel xt
lens: ts-e 24mm f/3.5L
focal length: 24mm
aperture: f3.5
shutter: 1/1250
iso: 100
filter: none

beetlejuice, beetlejuice, beetlejuice

You could make a miracle from a dark place... Cute!

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
I'm sorry I do not really understand what did you mean by saying "Don't mind seeing this pic again" ?? Do you think, it's unique or you don't like it... ?

I'm glad you like too the pix I took a peek at...

Now I'm confused too... :)

Wasn't that your pic of a bird of paradise flower? It's a lovely pic (whoever took it...), but I thought I'd seen it posted here before, that's all...

Wingnut330

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2008
Central Ohio - USA
You guys are amazing! I enjoy talking pictures and am about to take the next step in to the DSLR world. You guys provide lots of motiviation!

Can you guys provide any places to research cameras? I've seen things online but they appear to be very technical and for a new guy pretty intimidating. I think I've narrowed it down to a Nikon D40 or Canon XTi. Any feedback is appreciated.

Keep up the great and inspirational work!

xcalibre

macrumors regular
May 18, 2007
the new d60 replaces the d40 - check it out.

i have the d40x and i'm very pleased, the d40 has almost the same features and is a great camera to start with.

just make sure you read up before you choose :D

NevadaJack

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks

Beautiful... and made even better by the use of light and shadow to separate foreground from background. Where you lucky... or did you wait for it to happen?

Thanks.

Lucky really. The wind was blowing hard and spotty rain showers. The shadows from the clouds were all over the place and constantly on the move.

With the bright sky and shade I wanted to shoot HDR but no tripod and handheld would have been a waste of time. Even with a tripod the cloud movement and changing shade pattern would have made for difficult alignment.

hogger73

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2008
hi everyone...

first time posting, although ive been impressed with all your pics. just started taking some pics w my d40x - i thought this one was interesting... saw this guy running past me in the LES in ny. funny...

Attachments

• DSC_0083.jpg
    DSC_0083.jpg
    366.3 KB · Views: 111

pcuser2

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2007
youngnoldcopy.jpg

Old and Young
Preah Khan, east gate
Siem Reap, Cambodia
December 5, 2007
Nikon D40x + Nikkor 18-200mm
1/50s @ f 9
iso 200​

The Angkor temples at Siem Reap, Cambodia were abandoned long ago when the ancient Khmer civilization succumbed to invasion. But today they are alive with local children and, in some places, tree roots.

Sometimes it pays to wait in a good location for something to happen. One very hot afternoon I sat in the shade at the east gate of Preah Khan watching the people come and go. Then the drink-seller's babe started to run in and out of the massively overgrown doorway....snap!

Great photo, I like it very much. BTW the name is good also.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.