Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt&Dzine

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2008
I love this. It transports me to another time and place. Nice composition and the 3 people in the background are perfect.

This is probably a bit dark for some people's taste, but the original was fairly bland. I felt this process put some drama into the shot and reinforced the line from the bridge to the house on the hill.

20081228__PER8251.jpg

Phatpat

macrumors 6502a
Jun 15, 2003
Cambridge, MA
I probably should have posted this yesterday; it's the crowds leaving after the inauguration. Taken on my P&S. I didn't really want to deal with an SLR.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Yup you did good. I can't imagine it looking better any other way.:)

Been remodeling the office, finally have my workstation back up after a month's hiatus. Drywall dust really sucks!:p

Still wearing shorts in sunny Florida lol! A sequence shot...

_B083092.jpg

_B083093.jpg

Olympus E-3
50-200mm/ 2.8

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
A departure from my usual bug macros. I was out taking pics for my photography club assignment, and I thought I'd give flowers and composition a try after about 2 years without taking any flower pics.

Who knows, I might even use it as my desktop!

zagato27

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2003
The Hill
A departure from my usual bug macros. I was out taking pics for my photography club assignment, and I thought I'd give flowers and composition a try after about 2 years without taking any flower pics.

Who knows, I might even use it as my desktop!

Nice flowers.

Doylem has his sheep, you've got your bugs.

You're the man, the "bug man".

Stick with the bugs "bug man":D Cheers

nidserz

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2008
Dubai x Toronto
Nothing interesting, but I play to go by the frozen lake this weekend to capture some photos if the lighting and weather permits.

My textbooks were staring at me, but I was watching TV instead. Sigh, story of my life.
3217420880_1b7567ffc3_o.jpg

dukeblue91

macrumors 65816
Oct 7, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I like this one, the red against the snowing background. Nice

Thank You!

Love the cardinal. Reminds of home MA. How bout some cedar waxwings:)

Thanks
I'll try my best with the Cedar Waxwing but I have not seen one as of yet.

This is probably a bit dark for some people's taste, but the original was fairly bland. I felt this process put some drama into the shot and reinforced the line from the bridge to the house on the hill.

20081228__PER8251.jpg

Great shot and I like the post processing it gives it a very dramatic look to it.

Doylem another great shot!
I like the lighting against the fog.

Invisible fog: what a novelty! :p

Another tree...

treelighthp6.jpg

PeteB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
This is just a cheap shot of my newphews showing off some of their Christmas presents (I took this so I could print it off for their grandparents).

20090102__PER8372.jpg

1D Mk IIN + 24-70L. Flash bounced off the ceiling. No colour/levels processing done on this, it's just how it came out of the camera. The only processing I did was an edge-mask sharpening pass to crisp up the detail.

Technically, I was pleased with it. Art/photographically speaking, it sucks... :D

CarlsonCustoms

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2007
This is just a cheap shot of my newphews showing off some of their Christmas presents (I took this so I could print it off for their grandparents).

20090102__PER8372.jpg

1D Mk IIN + 24-70L. Flash bounced off the ceiling. No colour/levels processing done on this, it's just how it came out of the camera. The only processing I did was an edge-mask sharpening pass to crisp up the detail.

Technically, I was pleased with it. Art/photographically speaking, it sucks... :D

This looks fantastic! The colors to me look great.

Can you post the exif data just for my own curiousity?

PS Do you know where I can get that british guitar shelf behind them?

PeteB

macrumors 6502a
Jan 14, 2008
This looks fantastic! The colors to me look great.

Can you post the exif data just for my own curiousity?

PS Do you know where I can get that british guitar shelf behind them?

camera: Canon 1D Mk II N | lens: EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM @ 40mm (52mm in 35mm film SLR) | aperture: f/2.8 | shutter speed: 1/80s | ISO: 200 | metering: Evaluative |

The shot was taken in manual mode - that's the only way I understand the flash with the 1D (I just let ETTL do the work for me).

And since I live in the Uk, it was pretty easy to find the shelf. Unfortunately, I don't know where it was bought from. If you especially want to know, I can ask my sister-in-law.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.