Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
p790173667.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
dog tag

And old dog tag from Prudence, my favorite dog ever, on my keys. It was her first ever license when she was still a pup.

Another of my point 'n shoot cheap digicam project, this time with the Panasonic Lumix LZ8 in macro and aperture preferred mode. Only using the approx. 5mp resolution rather than the 8mp. Minor PP in Picasa. I'm having fun with these little cheap pocket cams...

P1010606.JPG

Camera: Panasonic
Model: DMC-LZ8
ISO: 320
Exposure: 1/30 sec
Aperture: 3.3
Focal Length: 5.2mm

mileslogan

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2009
California
Thanks! The water was supper smooth as it was a pond and a long shutter. There were some swans floating around however I wasn't able to get a decent shot.

Heres another one from last night. Looking from Stanley Park to Kitsilano.

Super nice pics ... I snagged this one for my desktop wallpaper.

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Thanks! The water was supper smooth as it was a pond and a long shutter. There were some swans floating around however I wasn't able to get a decent shot.

Heres another one from last night. Looking from Stanley Park to Kitsilano.
Wow, great shot. I love how the lights illuminate the cloud cover directly above. My only suggestion would be to straighten the horizon. :)

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
Lewis Hamilton

That picture was taken 900 yds from my house (according to Google Earth), and I didn't even know he was up here. He might have popped in, had a coffee....

So I went out to buy a dishwasher today, but didn't see any so went a drive instead. So of course, what happens when you go out without leaving the SLR in the boot of the car? You stumble across HMS Ark Royal sitting in a Clyde sea loch.:rolleyes:

Taken with a point and shoot. Steamie, if you'd like to try better she is sitting here

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Was shooting this competition, and fortunate enough to set up camp right next to the energy drink tent, complete with requisite bikini clad product models... they put up this kite at the end of the day, you can see in the right hand side a young kid flying it. btw... the full throttle beverages were pretty good and kept me going all day lol!:D

_B083119.jpg

Fuzzy14

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2006
Renfrew, Scotland
You have to go some place that sells them, rather than just hope to see one... :)

Wast Water...

Apologies, I seem to have broken into poor Glaswegian dialect when I wrote that! You know what I mean, plenty of people willing to sell me one but I didn't see one that I liked.

That is a stunning shot, I would have swore that it was taken at Luss on Loch Lomond from the pier looking south, it's identical even down to the posts sticking out of the water.

md2427

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2008
Manchester UK
Manchester Rain......again.......

Just got a 50mm 1.8 manual for my Nikon D80 and this was the first shot i took on my way home from work.

I know the rain on the windscreen isn't in focus... maybe that's why i like it!

Attachments

• DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 122

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
And old dog tag from Prudence, my favorite dog ever, on my keys. It was her first ever license when she was still a pup.

Another of my point 'n shoot cheap digicam project, this time with the Panasonic Lumix LZ8 in macro and aperture preferred mode. Only using the approx. 5mp resolution rather than the 8mp. Minor PP in Picasa. I'm having fun with these little cheap pocket cams...

P1010606.JPG

Camera: Panasonic
Model: DMC-LZ8
ISO: 320
Exposure: 1/30 sec
Aperture: 3.3
Focal Length: 5.2mm

I'm enjoying your project and am curious to know where you're getting this array of pns cameras. Are you borrowing them?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.