Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Great DOF here. It almost looks real!
Thanks!

Great shot TheReef, I always enjoy your water photos.
Oo, love the dew drops.

spitfirejd congrats on ur new lens, I wonder if you were to sharpen/definition the picture a lil bit more will make it better?

Anyway here is my entry for today, C&C Appreciated :) (my signature is soo small, is it okay? its not obstructive though)
3228286351_b96b2d2a12_o.jpg

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Thanks!

Oo, love the dew drops.

spitfirejd congrats on ur new lens, I wonder if you were to sharpen/definition the picture a lil bit more will make it better?

Anyway here is my entry for today, C&C Appreciated :) (my signature is soo small, is it okay? its not obstructive though)
Thanks! :)

I, for one, really like this shot. Great use of DOF (it's not so shallow so you can't make out the shoe name, too). Good situational use of B&W as well. Any other editing besides B&W?

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
I, for one, really like this shot. Great use of DOF (it's not so shallow so you can't make out the shoe name, too). Good situational use of B&W as well. Any other editing besides B&W?
Thanks, actually I took this shot really quickly using my SLR, guess I got my angle right ^^. And I didn do a lot of things actually, changed the picture to B&W and did a touch of dodge & burn (which one darken again?) :D

Nicholie, that is soooo cute!!!!

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
sunrise in the orient

sunorient.jpg

That's one drop-dead-gorgeous sunrise. I've seen few in my life that are quite that dramatic. However, I'm not crazy about the post-processing in that you have favored the buildings over the drama unfolding above. Robbing the sky of its shadows saps some of its power, at least to my eyes.

piweb.jpg

Olympus E-3 + 50-200mm
ISO 125 f/5.6 1/2000 sec.

A really nice change-up from the usual; you should explore the opportunities for great shots on the beach even further!

Here's one of many (OK, 4,240 to be exact) that I took a few weeks ago on yet another museum photography trip. Sometimes I wish museumgoers would just go away; other times, they do just exactly the right thing.

TelephosFrieze_B21.jpg

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
Another attempt at portrait photography... :p

It's clickable! :D

Interesting colour contrast in your photos lately, great diffused lighting too!
The colour reminds me of that awesome rusted car shot against the sky you did a while back.

piweb.jpg

Olympus E-3 + 50-200mm
ISO 125 f/5.6 1/2000 sec.
Sweet as image, glad to see you back I'm a real fan of your surfing shots.

Nice work here, you've captured the warm atmosphere very well!

Intermodd

macrumors newbie
Jan 21, 2009
Your bathroom window? WOW... I hope there are more impressive views in your main windows, otherwise the architect of that building messed up! :p

There were just too many people in the loungeroom for New Year's to set up my tripod, I was delegated to the bathroom, or shower to be exact. The veiws from the other rooms are better and more open to the rest of the city skyline.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
Two methods;
Either build a wooden pattern to hold the stone bricks in place until the key stone is set (bricks are in compression)
or
get 20 guys knee deep in water to hold it together!

Give that man a coconut!

I love these old bridges: simple, elegant, practical, built generations ago with real 'know-how'... so they're still solid today... :)

Vogue Harper

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2008
Serenity
3225023559_4128a9fc0f_o.jpg

Lovely picture - however, if you're going to add words to the photo to give it context (and to me your photo suits this), at least make sure the words are correct. It should be "Some things", there is no such word as "Somethings".

nuwomb

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
Grunge

Missed yesterday's post. It's another shot from this building before demo.
Pretty grungy but feeds my need for HDR!

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
Lovely picture - however, if you're going to add words to the photo to give it context (and to me your photo suits this), at least make sure the words are correct. It should be "Some things", there is no such word as "Somethings".
Thanks, haha, yea....I remember I typed some things then for some unknown reason I deleted the spacing and end up with somethings. Okay, I'll fix it asap ^^

djchristie

macrumors member
May 25, 2006
Falkland Islands
Surf Bay

Hi all,

one of the first pics taken with the new Nikon 10.5mm Fisheye that my amazing wife surprised me with for my birthday last week! Love it, amazing lens.

Quite pleased with the shot, though light was poor as everything very bright and no polariser. C&C very welcome, keen to improve!

Thanks all,

Darren

PS I spent quite a while searching threads prior to posting in order to make sure I uploaded the image at a reasonable size. I'm still not convinced I've done it right! Would it be possible to have a sticky with appropriate dimensions/sizes for new posters?

Attachments

• SurfBay.jpg
    SurfBay.jpg
    319.9 KB · Views: 86
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.