Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
imgp1213fi7.jpg

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...

Intriguing, with a real emotional impact... I love the way the orange sky is picked up in the waves. Nothing in focus: was this deliberate... or a happy accident?

Stunning, how long did you have to sit on that location to get that shot?

Thank you. Not wanting to participate in the New Year's drink-athon, I drove up to Wast Water (one of the most beautiful and remote lakes in the Lake District), so I could greet the new year with a clear head and a panoramic view. I have an estate car fitted out with a mattress in the back, and plenty of bedding, so I'm 'at home' wherever I go. :)

The morning was very cold, with frost on the trees, so I just wandered round the lake. This shot 'happened' when the first rays of sunlight appeared, so I didn't really have to wait. I took a few shot, with a tripod...

A bit hazy, but I like the red hat...

redhatev4.jpg

Stryyf

macrumors newbie
Jan 25, 2009
This is a picture of the sewage pond about a city block from my room in Afghanistan. It was taken with a el-cheapo P&S fuji
I used iphoto to mess with it. I am forcing my self to try to take more pictures with my cheap camera before I take the leap into DLSR
DSCF0005.JPG

Cliff3

macrumors 68000
Nov 2, 2007
SF Bay Area
Another photo from yesterday's trip.

_DSC0167.jpg

I ran across a very cool LR2 plug-in last night for adding borders, watermarks, and additional information to LR exports. I don't know if others have shared this plug-in before, but it's perfect for what I need. A slightly limited function (10 exports at a time) free version is here: http://timothyarmes.com/lr2mogrify.php

bbbensen

macrumors 6502
Feb 24, 2008
3223630158_b798b9c808_b.jpg

I took it while running around a field at a friends house. Her property is huge. For anyone thats been to Maui, its from Kula to Kihei. We could (theoretically, cause I dont wanna walk that far) just stroll down to the beach!

Crkwolf

macrumors newbie
Dec 31, 2008
California
I'll get better in time

I almost don't want to post pictures after looking at a lot on here, but I feel a little left out :eek:. Once I sell a few more toys of mine, I'll get a better camera than my P&S. So in the meantime, please bear with me. Feel free to give me tips, and don't worry, I'm not quitting my day job anytime soon. ;)
ArizonaAug2008098.jpg

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
Part of a documentary I am shooting in Swansea about youth culture, looking at their relationships, who these youths are and their effect on the city center.

Notice carefully what is being pierced.

Attachments

• 3224411058_84d9624678_o.jpg
    3224411058_84d9624678_o.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 120

superted666

Oct 17, 2005
Taken in Lanzarote a week or two back..
The steps are surrounded by water, very cool!
QUOTE]

woah that is super cool! Where is Lanzarote???? I love it!

Hey Mustang, thanks! The building is finished now but I havnt got to go back to toronto. I really like how the design turned out - gotta love gehry!

Today I have another picture from Toronto. I love that city and miss it!

Its one of the canary islands off the coast of Africa, the house is callled lagomar and it was designed by cesar manrique, a local hero practically.

Really nice place and 25 celcius in the middle of winter!

superted666

Oct 17, 2005
The weather up here has been dreadful the last few day's and I hadn't got any shot's, that was until I drove by a depot in Glasgow for the whisky maker Johnnie Walker today. A great example of being in the right place at the right time, as Lewis Hamilton (F1 World champion) was doing a car demonstration in their car park as a thank you for being one of his sponsers. Not the sharpest shot in the world as it was taken from an adjoining carpark and was shot through a mucky bus shelter :D

Thats so lucky! Id love to see a Mclaren in real life!

superted666

Oct 17, 2005
Here is todays....

Again from Lanzarote, this place was designed by the same guy as the previous house... its pretty high up!

3213261474_1c3ecd35f2_b.jpg

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
Taken early this morning, probably would have liked some more light but the sun soon hid behind the clouds for the day:

imgp20461dq6.jpg

18mm - f/22 - 1/2s - ISO 100

Intriguing, with a real emotional impact... I love the way the orange sky is picked up in the waves. Nothing in focus: was this deliberate... or a happy accident?

I was only shooting a single stationery rock being almost covered by water (or so I thought), focus wasn't entirely crucial, just wanted the movement in water (and waited for a big tube in the background). The above could have been more in focus though, hard to keep a tripod still when water is rushing past the legs.

A bit hazy, but I like the red hat...

redhatev4.jpg

I've noticed that, you sure like the red touch don't you! be it car, boat, hat, sheep :p I think it's great, adding interest, almost like Wheres Wally in the Doylem world :p

Here is todays....

Again from Lanzarote, this place was designed by the same guy as the previous house... its pretty high up!

3213261474_1c3ecd35f2_b.jpg
I like the muted colours they suite the scene! Is it just me or does that rock look like a head giving the finger?

Just at the right moment, Nice! It looks like they are charging at the man haha, easy there now Doylems.

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
More point 'n shoot...

I'm enjoying your project and am curious to know where you're getting this array of pns cameras. Are you borrowing them?

Most shots from 2 budget cams (Sony DSC-W120 and Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ8.) I bought them just before Christmas, and the Sony was given to my friend, Trisha - so I don't have it anymore... I wanted one for each of us, and couldn't decide which one I preferred, so got both models, and ended up giving her the Sony and keeping the Lumix. Both have their advantages... and disadvantages. I figured if I posted some of the shots I've taken with them it might be helpful for someone considering getting one of them for under $130 for a pocket pns.

Anyway, here's another - this time from the Sony. Suppressed flash mode, extreme backlighting from window and glass door due to snowy outdoors... see Exif for exposure info.

My buddy, Ian and his dog, Joe.

DSC00169.JPG

Camera: SONY
Model: DSC-W120
ISO: 400
Exposure: 1/40 sec
Aperture: 2.8
Focal Length: 5.4mm
Flash Used: No

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
Great shot TheReef, I always enjoy your water photos.

IMG34733_resized.png

We recently had some rain. :)

Canon Rebel XT
ISO 100
f/5.6
1/200

spitfirejd

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2004
Magnolia, Delaware, USA
Bald Eagle

Took some pictures of a nesting pair of bald eagles this morning with my new Canon 300 f/4L IS + 1.4x lens combo. This is the male posing just outside the nest.

p690648979-4.jpg

C&C always welcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.