Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
got a few HDR shots I was playing with mid-day, had some great shadows.

Can I be the dissenting voice, as usual :-(

The HDR process has put detail into what we see through the window, but, to me, it looks grey and unreal. And the composition seems a bit cluttered. Maybe I just got up grumpy this morning...

Actually I know why I'm grumpy: I won't be getting my spanking new iMac till next week. Then I'll be :)

TheReef

macrumors 68000
Sep 30, 2007
NSW, Australia.
got a few HDR shots I was playing with mid-day, had some great shadows.

Nice, I like it, and the grey view out the window, kinda makes you glad your inside and not out in the cold. Unlike so many others the HDR isn't overdone :D

I'd probably have removed the distracting red objects in the very front (and clean up a little :p) which would probably draw your attention to that great shadow casted on the floor more, maybe a candle inside? I don't know it might wreck the shadows. It's a nice picture though.

Sounds like Doylem's not a fan of greyscale, he's from England so he's probably sick of it jks :p

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Being the squeamish type, I'm rarely taken in by bug shots. This one is an exception. The focus only on the geometry of the eyes really brings out the beauty of their forms and subdues the monstrous qualities of the rest of the fly. Great shot.

Thank you! I'm glad I was able to show you the beauty of bugs ;-)

Nicholie

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
Huntsville, Al
Taken on our farm.

3181379850_fec54b59c1_b.jpg

nuwomb

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
HDR in a Bottle

I'm not normally big into selective colour, however I wanted toe bottle to stand out as the surrounding was a bit distracting.

I'd have to comment on the living room HDR - It's a bit confusing to me. Ws there a reason for the greyscale outdoors through the window?
I would agree with someone else, and remove the distracting tent in the room, if that is what it is. Were you experimenting indoors and was it processed from a single raw file??

romanaz

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2008
NJ
Nice, I like it, and the grey view out the window, kinda makes you glad your inside and not out in the cold. Unlike so many others the HDR isn't overdone :D

I'd probably have removed the distracting red objects in the very front (and clean up a little :p) which would probably draw your attention to that great shadow casted on the floor more, maybe a candle inside? I don't know it might wreck the shadows. It's a nice picture though.

Sounds like Doylem's not a fan of greyscale, he's from England so he's probably sick of it jks :p

when I was setting up this shot, I really liked the shadow, and then I soon realized I couldn't get the shadow and the coldness of the outdoors in one shot. I purposefully made it cluttered to kind of give it a homey, cozy type feel (kind of works, maybe in my mind more so!). I thought this shot out a lot, and then when I went to combine the shots, I realized that big red tent thing in the foreground. Figures, the cats who gave my the inspiration to shoot low on the ground that day, also threw off the nicest picture of the day with their damn plaything!

here is another HDR from that day, this one I liked because of the rays of sun in the upper left and the massive amount of detail in the furniture and walls, but its a bit overdone in my part. Also a big amount of chromatic aberration in the middle on that coffee table.

still learning, only had my camera a month now, so lots of time to learn and play. =D

thanks for the replies guys

Attachments

• web.jpg
    web.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 134

SuperCompu2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2006
MA
Oh, Hello there.

Nice close up of a baby bird from the summer.

Attachments

• bird.jpg
    bird.jpg
    461.8 KB · Views: 100

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Hmmmm... A photograph of a sculpture that was based on a photograph by Joe Rosenthal. He said he didn't know he'd got the iconic shot till he devved the film...

*Secret* The photo was actually a recreation of the scene because he didn't get it right the first shot. So the famous photo was set up to look like the first shot he got. We watched some movie about it in History, but what a great story!:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.