Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CarlsonCustoms

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2007
Doh, realized it after looking at it harder.. I thought the light pole was a chandallier..

I'm an idiot.. good shot nontheless

Zack

cosmokanga2

macrumors 6502a
Dripping

Faucet.jpg

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA

Wow, that brings back memories! For a few years, I had a nice corner office that overlooked that monument. Got to see it every single day I was in and it wasn't foggy- foggy days sucked, that's near the flight path into National and the buildings would quake when a jet came in. The URL is interesting- are you selling the Iwo Jima monument on Craigslist? ;)

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
Took the camera to my workout session this morning and grabbed some shots of our kettlebells.

3185689178_8f80e8b55b.jpg

omg. i just shuddered at that picture. good shot, but more b/c of the kettlebells :) some wickedly hard exercises to be done using those :)

the next time, try kneeling or laying down to snap a pic through their rings. that might turn out neat as well.

thanks for sharing.

nando2323

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2007
Wow, that brings back memories! For a few years, I had a nice corner office that overlooked that monument. Got to see it every single day I was in and it wasn't foggy- foggy days sucked, that's near the flight path into National and the buildings would quake when a jet came in. The URL is interesting- are you selling the Iwo Jima monument on Craigslist? ;)

This is actually a replica of the one in DC. This one is located in Fall River, Mass. Also I just put the picture in that folder cause im too lazy to make another folder.

dllavaneras

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
Caracas, Venezuela
Trapjaw ant

This is an adult trapjaw ant, Odontomachus chelifer viewed almost head-on. 68mm of extension tubes on my 100mm macro for a magnification of ~2:1.

EXIF:
Manual exposure
Shutter speed: 1/200
Aperture: f/11
ISO: 200
Focal length: 100mm (with 68mm of extension tubes)
Flash: Ring flash, tubes placed on top and bottom with a ratio of 2:1 (top:bottom)
Flash EV: -1/3
Manual focus
Distance from subject: 11.5 cm (closest focusing distance with all three tubes)

No cropping, slight HDR treatment. I'm having this printed 30x45cm. :D

Attachments

• Odontomachus chelifer HDR.jpg
    Odontomachus chelifer HDR.jpg
    287.5 KB · Views: 125

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2005
Simply awesome.. before I even read your text I said to myself "escher!"

Where is this located?

Zack

It's the atrium near wear I work. It was taken for an online assignment "Unusual point of view." Of course, I had to take off auto rotate! Thanks for the comments!

nuwomb

macrumors 6502
Jul 3, 2008
here is another HDR from that day, this one I liked because of the rays of sun in the upper left and the massive amount of detail in the furniture and walls, but its a bit overdone in my part. Also a big amount of chromatic aberration in the middle on that coffee table.

still learning, only had my camera a month now, so lots of time to learn and play. =D

thanks for the replies guys

this is pretty cool... I am totally all about experimentation. I like these and this one more than the other. was this your house?

ipodtoucher

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2007
Cedar Park, TX
Looking for some CC with this one. This is a building I can see from my balcony... I've never tried Architecture photos but i thought what the heck haha I had to try my new XTi with my sigma 70-300...
*click for bigger*

IMG_0045.jpg

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
omg. i just shuddered at that picture. good shot, but more b/c of the kettlebells :) some wickedly hard exercises to be done using those :)

the next time, try kneeling or laying down to snap a pic through their rings. that might turn out neat as well.

thanks for sharing.

Ha, yeah it was another tough one this morning: squat presses, hip tosses, double clean presses...ugh

Great suggestion on shooting through the handles - I'll definitely give it a try!

bubbagates

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2009
Kitten in "attack mode"

Focus done this way on purpose, straight off the camera
web.jpg

Rebel XSi, F1.6, Shutter at 1/40, ISO at 800 all using the 50mm Canon Lens (nifty-fifty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.