Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

worriedmac

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2006
IMG_2668.jpg

RosalovesMAC

macrumors newbie
Jan 8, 2010
I need help

I have lost the thumbnail display when viewing my photo's in iPhoto. I am now going from the event or view all photos directly to a single photo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

mcavjame

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2008
phased to this universe
I have lost the thumbnail display when viewing my photo's in iPhoto. I am now going from the event or view all photos directly to a single photo. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Click on the Photos in your Library then drag the slider to the desired thumbnail size.

Cheers

Attachments

• iphoto.jpg
    iphoto.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 119

marky-mark

macrumors newbie
Mar 10, 2009
Middle England
new starter

Hi guys,
i thought i'd share a shot i took today.
absolute beginner with a Panasonic Lumix TZ7...quite impressed with the camera so far...makes it look like i know what i'm doing!!

altered slightly in iPhoto, which I'm not sure about yet...any opinions?

4262170746_90975462e4_o.jpg

someoldguy

macrumors 68030
Aug 2, 2009
usa
Nice photo! Reminds me of a place in Wales I went to with school years ago.

Thanks ... This place is a long way from Wales , its Tillman Ravine in NW New Jersey , USA . I go there maybe once or twice a year to get my head clear
of all the congestion and crap associated with living in a pretty much built up area.

mikeschmeee

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2009

Another smoke photo. I feel that this one is not as great as the first smoke photo I posted. It's not as sharp. Lighting must have be slightly off. Still... I like how the smoke curled up a few times.

worriedmac

macrumors regular
Jul 15, 2006
It is kinda a work in progress aesthetic. I agree with both of you. I love the intensity of colour in the shot like you say Jason Beck. In regards to your comment Doylem, I find frustrating that it is so cluttered the image and the degradation making it HDR isn't satisfactory. Thanks for your comments guys.

Macshroomer

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
My cat sat on the background while I loaded film backs, nice to have a digi around for a quick grab...

Macshroomer

macrumors 65816
Dec 6, 2009
Sorry... gotta be the dissenting voice. There's way too much PP for me: over-saturation of colours, lots of noise, and some 'HDR-type' wierdness in the sky. And there's a serious case of measles, with the 'dust bunnies'. It makes my eyes ache...

And here would be the main reason I have gone back to film, when people see my images, I want them to know it is real...

I believe in the freedom to create, but there are SO many brilliant moments in life that culminate in a far higher level of art than any computer can generate...I think it is quite sad that so many people take what is a photograph and turn it into gaudy graphic art.

Rant over, to each his own.

flosseR

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2009
the cold dark north
not from today but close enough..the small town that i live in shot from a pier on the, currently, frozen lake (ca. 30cm ice now).
Double exposure, 30secs for the town and 10 minutes for the sky.

Attachments

• StarTrails-uncropped.jpg
    StarTrails-uncropped.jpg
    1,003.2 KB · Views: 136

Phrasikleia

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 24, 2008
Over there------->
And here would be the main reason I have gone back to film, when people see my images, I want them to know it is real...

I believe in the freedom to create, but there are SO many brilliant moments in life that culminate in a far higher level of art than any computer can generate...I think it is quite sad that so many people take what is a photograph and turn it into gaudy graphic art.

Rant over, to each his own.

I'm no fan of the gaudy graphic art effects either, but I stop short of claiming that any photograph captures reality. They're all interpretations to some extent, even with film. Various types of film and dark room techniques leave lots of room for creative control, just like making adjustments while processing raw files. And the decision-making starts well before you even get to the processing stage; a single subject can be approached many different ways at the moment of capture.

So that's my counter-rant, I guess. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.